Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1748.JPG
IMG_1747.JPG
#1 11 years ago

Looking for recommendations for customizing my Congo. It needs new bumper skirts, rubbers and etc. I want this thing to look nice and plan to add LED's. Should I change the color of the bumper skirts? How about post rubbers, flipper bats and flipper rubbers? What would be the best color combo for the flippers? I've seen white bats with green rubber. Has anyone done green bats with yellow rubber? The legs are crap and do not match. Was thinking about getting all black legs instead of chrome. Has anyone seen a Congo with mirror blades?

#2 11 years ago
Quoted from MnHotRod:

Looking for recommendations for customizing my Congo. It needs new bumper skirts, rubbers and etc. I want this thing to look nice and plan to add LED's. Should I change the color of the bumper skirts? How about post rubbers, flipper bats and flipper rubbers? What would be the best color combo for the flippers? I've seen white bats with green rubber. Has anyone done green bats with yellow rubber? The legs are crap and do not match. Was thinking about getting all black legs instead of chrome. Has anyone seen a Congo with mirror blades?

Green post sleeves look really good. Tastefully done are LEDs are great. The game was made for them. I personally liked the yellow flipper bats, so I left them with the black rubber. I rebuilt my pop bumpers and put things back to factory there.

#3 11 years ago

Funny you bring this up. I'm just getting the metal parts of my Congo together to have them gold plated. I was gonna ask how far to go. Rails, legs, lock-down bar, doors, hinges, plunger plate, wireform ramps, ball guides, but what else? Bolts, screws, all brackets? Where to draw the line?

#4 11 years ago

I went with a green powder coat rather than gold playing on this one. The volcano lighting mod done here by phoebe is awesome and really made the volcano come to life. Add a shaker, I wrote a tutorial. Sub is great in this game. Replace the lower pf window with a new one.

#5 11 years ago

Congo looks great with LED's because the playfield is dark. I did full LED's on mine, replacing the lower playfield lights with orange frosted ones looks awesome (I think you need 10).

#6 11 years ago

Black fur all over the cabinet sides.

LTG : )

#7 11 years ago

ColorDMD, set to GREEN is AWESOME!

I also think green frosted in the lower GI is the way to go.

I know you are joking LTG, but I would love to see a furred out cab in Congo! It would be the perfect mod for someone that has a kit but no cab art...

#8 11 years ago

Congo looks very dark sitting next to my The Shadow and I don't think that is a bright game either. I plan to get an ACDC in the spring. I'll have to set that on the other side of the room just so your eyes can adjust.

1) Which Flipper Fidelity kit do I need to order for Congo?

2) Anyone seen custom toppers for Congo?

Phetish: Who is doing your plating? You could try sending your stuff to John Cernohous at TwinCityPlating. That's where I would go.

Whysnow: That green DMD sounds sweet.

Markmon: Do you have any pics of your Congo? Or Phoebe's volcano mod?

LesManley: Where did you get your diamond shooter rod?

#9 11 years ago

I added all colored Super LEDs to my heavily routed Congo a few years ago. Here's a halfassed video of it:

I can take another video or photos if there is specific things you're interested it. It looks beat when the game is off, but it's a knock-out with power on. Everyone goes crazy for it.

The Treasure Cove inlane decals are a must-have mod in my opinion.

#10 11 years ago

pinballtoppers.com has a killer topper coming soon. He's got a video up and is a great seller to deal with. He's also a pinsider!

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from MnHotRod:

Congo looks very dark sitting next to my The Shadow and I don't think that is a bright game either. I plan to get an ACDC in the spring. I'll have to set that on the other side of the room just so your eyes can adjust.
1) Which Flipper Fidelity kit do I need to order for Congo?
2) Anyone seen custom toppers for Congo?
Phetish: Who is doing your plating? You could try sending your stuff to John Cernohous at TwinCityPlating. That's where I would go.
Whysnow: That green DMD sounds sweet.
Markmon: Do you have any pics of your Congo? Or Phoebe's volcano mod?
LesManley: Where did you get your diamond shooter rod?

Ohh yeah, forgot about that one. That shooter rod was cool. You should get that. The guy was in Canada. Machine.slave

http://www.maaca.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3129

#12 11 years ago

Les: Thanks John! Just sent a PM to MachineSlave.

CallMe: Saw your video last night. Any chance you can create another at 720p? Saw that topper before but have not been able to get the video to play. Must be a Mac thing?

#13 11 years ago

The volcano is very hard to photo because the LEDs fade causing a moving lava effect. The topper is custom from lasseriffic but I gave him permission to make more so you can order one if you want.

IMG_1747.JPGIMG_1747.JPG IMG_1748.JPGIMG_1748.JPG

#14 11 years ago

Congo looks really nice with #44 white incandescent lamps, and as a plus you can actually see the playfield artwork.

#15 11 years ago

Real, live, gorillas!

#16 11 years ago

*washes eyes out with bleach

#17 11 years ago

you always have an extension of the pf art to the sides:
http://www.pinballpt.com/prestashop/home/9-congo-custom-inside-art.html

#18 11 years ago

Hey Markmon did you put the color changing diamond in yet that I sent you?

#19 11 years ago

I like the orange pops in the photo... Might have to try that. I'm on a Mac too, video works fine. It's just YouTube... Java?

#20 11 years ago

Ditto with Sampfire. #44 icd looks best topside GI

#21 11 years ago

Laser gorilla (mid playfield) looks pretty cool with a blue LED in his belly. I might try using LEDS in a couple of other inserts, like the pair near the satellite. And, I've thought about adding a couple of #44 spotlights near the slings, to brighten up the playfield.

A mod I'd like to see is an actual laser that shoots randomly across the playfield during "Shoot the Satellite"!

#22 11 years ago

Powder coat the legs and rails green and definitely a green DMD.

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Black fur all over the cabinet sides.
LTG : )

Damn you!

I was gonna say that!

So how about a cannon that launches ape poop at the player?

#24 11 years ago

LOL!!! LTG!! That was actually the first Congo I ever played, back in 2006 at Expo in Chicago. I had never seen one before, and I thought the black fur was kind of cool!! Didn't have to worry about any burrs on the side rails or lock bar it was nice and fuzzy!! Wonder what ever happened to the furred Congo?

Phoebe

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 32.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Dickinson, TX
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Colorado Springs, CO
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ideas-needed-for-blinging-out-congo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.