Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 99 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by mcfly
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

There are 99 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

The new code addresses a lot of things and stern are obviously working hard on it.

There has been talk of some great ideas so what would you still like to see implemented. Maybe we can get a list of ideas to send to stern programmers.

I would like to see the starting of level one modes made easier - for causal players I have noticed when they complete or timeout a level one mode they struggle to start another - the under flipper shot or the left lock causes problems for most of my friends and family. So for level one, I would like to see them easier to start and use the away team on level 2 and 3.

#2 10 years ago
Quoted from sillyoldelf:

The new code addresses a lot of things and stern are obviously working hard on it.
There has been talk of some great ideas so what would you still like to see implemented. Maybe we can get a list of ideas to send to stern programmers.
I would like to see the starting of level one modes made easier - for causal players I have noticed when they complete or timeout a level one mode they struggle to start another - the under flipper shot or the left lock causes problems for most of my friends and family. So for level one, I would like to see them easier to start and use the away team on level 2 and 3.

It's already pretty easy...you get a chance to start a new Level 1 mode on each ball. I can't imagine how much easier they could make starting a mode without breaking the game.

#3 10 years ago

What happens if you don't drain though. I've noticed players fumble around trying to make the blue away team shots and failing, only to drain and then be able to start a new level. The kids find this tricky too as it requires some skill to shoot the ball under the flipper to be able to start the next mode.

#4 10 years ago

I think one of the issues with sending suggestion is copyright and patents.
For example I once sent a suggestion to McDonalds to change their kids milk carton design. The way it is now it's slippery and there is no lip for your fingers to grip the the top of the bottle. They sent me an email back saying something to the effect they don't except suggestions from consumers because if they implement that suggestion, they don't know if that's already copyrighted elsewhere plus I could try to sue for royalties.
So in theory if you suggest a cool feature to one of these programmers, someone from Bally for example could turn around and say that's our idea etc.

#5 10 years ago

Good idea for a thread elf, hopefully the replies will be taken as constructive and not just criticism. Which is how mine are intended. (I'm loving the 1.4 updates and new release notes)

1) Adjustments for Pop Bumpers for power level and on/off, for a home use machine with neighbours these make the most noise for the least addition to gameplay. (I love the fact you can adjust power to other solenoids, it really helps to fine tune the gameplay)

2) For the Tier completion modes please don't call them 'wizard modes' (unless you make a Harry Potter style pin!). Surely they could be named to fit the ST theme, I don't yet know what the Tier 2/3 modes do as I have only reached the KM MB so far after Tier 1. But as the KM is a training test in the ST series why not call the end of Tier modes something like Training Missions which fits in with evolving into the best Captain of the Enterprise?

3) Likewise the high score speech is lame 'You have a high score please enter your name'. Why not something along the lines of 'Congratulations Captain you have defended the Federation valiantly' or a similar sound byte from the end of the film?

4) Likewise the Pop Bumper multiplier speech for 2x 3x etc.. It's not pronounced 'two eggs' 'three eggs' etc.. you don't actually pronounce the 'x' - it's pronounced 'two times' 'three times' etc.. that really bugs me

That's all I can think of at the moment. But I'll keep thinking as I'm playing

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from Disloid:

Good idea for a thread elf, hopefully the replies will be taken as constructive and not just criticism. Which is how mine are intended. (I'm loving the 1.4 updates and new release notes)
1) Adjustments for Pop Bumpers for power level and on/off, for a home use machine with neighbours these make the most noise for the least addition to gameplay. (I love the fact you can adjust power to other solenoids, it really helps to fine tune the gameplay)
2) For the Tier completion modes please don't call them 'wizard modes' (unless you make a Harry Potter style pin!). Surely they could be named to fit the ST theme, I don't yet know what the Tier 2/3 modes do as I have only reached the KM MB so far after Tier 1. But as the KM is a training test in the ST series why not call the end of Tier modes something like Training Missions which fits in with evolving into the best Captain of the Enterprise?
3) Likewise the high score speech is lame 'You have a high score please enter your name'. Why not something along the lines of 'Congratulations Captain you have defended the Federation valiantly' or a similar sound byte from the end of the film?
4) Likewise the Pop Bumper multiplier speech for 2x 3x etc.. It's not pronounced 'two eggs' 'three eggs' etc.. you don't actually pronounce the 'x' - it's pronounced 'two times' 'three times' etc.. that really bugs me

You can send them, but your probably hurting the possibility of them being implemented worse because of the issues I mentioned.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from Fluke_Starbucker:

You can send them, but your probably hurting the possibility of them being implemented worse because of the issues I mentioned.

What are you talking about, that's absurd.

#8 10 years ago

They are actively soliciting ideas, this is from their readme:

HELP US, HELP YOU! If you have any suggestions, questions, need technical
advice, find errors or have comments, contact us through our website:

http://www.sternpinball.com/contact.shtml

or call 1-800-542-5377. You can also email [email protected] to
report any software problems.

#9 10 years ago

I think they are wanting suggestions or they wouldn't ask for them. So let's keep them coming and hopefully they will take them on board.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

They are actively soliciting ideas, this is from their readme:

That's cool and all and I am glad to see Stern is asking for ideas.
But they are also putting themselves into a catch 22 when someone turns around and sues them for royalty rights to their idea.
You think its far fetched, but don't forget people are sue happy now a days.
Remember when the person sued McDonald's because their coffee was too hot?

If your idea gets used, you best tell Stern what you want for it such as your name in the scroll during attract mode.

#11 10 years ago

But they are also putting themselves into a catch 22 when someone turns around and sues them for royalty rights to their idea.
If your idea gets used, you best tell Stern what you want for it such as your name in the scroll during attract mode.

Duly noted. I'll pass on your legal advice to [email protected].

#12 10 years ago

Sounds to me as though you have way too little information (a reply letter from McDonalds).
There are such things as "patents" that help determine who started what. If you simply make a suggestion, there's no claim to ownership there. My guess is that McDonalds was telling you nicely to leave them alone.
Additionally, if you ever have some time, you should study that McDonalds "too hot" coffee lawsuit. It's NOWHERE near as simple as I initially thought it was. Imagine McDonalds basically serving scalding-hot coffee, being warned, and then someone gets pretty badly hurt because they didn't listen.

#13 10 years ago

Does someone find a "multiplayers held" or sth. like that?

#14 10 years ago

I think that Stern should keep expanding on the multiple mode levels in the games as that increases the replay value of the game and gets players going back. Make each missions 3 levels unique with increasing difficulty for each mode. Offer the ability to earn shields and weapons to make those future missions a little less hard compared to if you didn't get the upgrades. Also expand on the rewards for completing each mission as that gives increases the sense of progression. Doing these things and expanding on the rules could provide for a very deep mission based rule set that not many games have.

Sounds like the game will only get better especially with the Karl Urban speech pack coming.

#15 10 years ago

Pretty happy with the direction of the code so far. Would like to see the premium/le flashers used during gameplay.

#16 10 years ago

Make the &$&#(ing shield targets do SOMETHING on the Pro model.

#17 10 years ago

What about KHAN? Shouldn't he be included somewhere? Perhaps the final wizard mode?

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

What about KHAN? Shouldn't he be included somewhere? Perhaps the final wizard mode?

He is in the Vengeance scoring mode now.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from Disloid:

For the Tier completion modes please don't call them 'wizard modes'

Agree this should be a more "trek" term since its not a wizard mode, but an award.

#20 10 years ago

Is there a "KHANNNNN!" callout yet? If not that needs to be in the game.

#21 10 years ago

My suggestions:

-Audio: Some things need a bit of finese. Some clips get really drowned out by the music and sound FX. I hope the volume of those clips can be bumped up, and some FX can be toned down - specifically the R2D2-ish beeping from the bumpers....those really step on dialog, especially when starting a mode. There are also a few bits of dialog that are chopped up funny. I heard Kirk say "YOUR MOUTH" ...lol...just out of context. Also, I hope they can maybe pick some different bits of dialog that help explain the context of the situations....but I imagine Karl Urban's custom quotes will help with this. I mean, I know what the situations are cuz I've seen the movies but it would still be nice if each mode started with a clear narrative. "Captain we've lost our warp core! The Enterprise is caught in Earth's gravity! Save the ship!"

-Warp ramp Skill Shot: I think the chaser lights on the Prem/LE should be running at ball launch to hint to the player that this ramp is a skill shot (similar to Tron LE's ramp lights). Right now the red light is on to indicate this - which is fine for the Pro...but for Prem/LE lets light up those chase lights!!!

-Definitely need a ball save option if the Kickback doesn't kickback successfully.

-Sometimes the ball hops over the switch when I make the Away Team shot and I don't get to choose my mode. I wonder if they can make the game realize if the ball ends up in the shooter lane, it's the result of the Away Team shot.

-Klingon Multiball start: Right now the laser show starts before the DMD animation/audio do. It would be nice if that was synced up better. Even better - if the game GI went DARK for a moment when the laser starts...that would look awesome.

-I'd like to see the Away Team shot & Weapons/Power/Status inserts do more.

-Right now the DMD animation/audio for completing a mode and losing a ball mid-mode are the same. This is a bit confusing...it would be nice if losing midway had different audio at least (prob can be remedied with Karl Urban).

-I think a "charge up" shot with the weapons would be cool...not sure what the context or result should be - but I think it would be a neat risk/reward if you were able to HOLD the Fire button - so your shot would charge...imagine a cool "power build" sound effect and the colors could do a cool change/strobe on the Prem/LE - when you let go, full blast! Use up all your weapons power but something cool would happen.

-I think the modes are pretty good, but it would be nice to see targets incorporated into some of them. Like in STTNG where you have to hit Q's target to relight his shots. Even better would be use of color-change for gameplay....Q*Bert style...like maybe you have to get all the Red Matter targets red (they start white, one more shot turns them pink, another turns them red) ....or same thing with shots. Get them all to color match...if you shoot too many times it cycles back to the original color. That would be unique & challenging in a Level 3 mode or Wizard mode.

Quoted from sillyoldelf:

What happens if you don't drain though. I've noticed players fumble around trying to make the blue away team shots and failing, only to drain and then be able to start a new level. The kids find this tricky too as it requires some skill to shoot the ball under the flipper to be able to start the next mode.

I dunno man - right now there are 2 mode start shots. You have to make shots to do things in pinball. What OTHER shot should be a mode start to make your guests happy? Honestly I'd just let this one go....there's no solution here other than for them to practice lol

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Is there a "KHANNNNN!" callout yet? If not that needs to be in the game.

I haven't heard it yet...they definitely need Spock's KAAAAAHN!!! yell!

Quoted from Disloid:

That's a very common pinball thing, though! Many games do that.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from Disloid:

Huh? The term wizard mode is ages old at this point in pinball and each one is already named after a Star Trek reference. You may or may not like the implementation, but the term "wizard mode" has nothing to do with Harry Potter or sorcerers or whatever.

I pronounce it "two ex" or "three ex" multiplier frequently. It's short hand but everyone knows what it means.

I would say my one request would be to make the modes more distinct but I don't exactly know how one would go about it. STTNG has a great distinction between its modes and I don't know if it's the voices, the music, the shot layout, or the mode progression but that's what ST is missing for me. Other than that, if they keep chewing it improvements here and there, there's not much else to worry about

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

My suggestions:
-Audio: Some things need a bit of finese. Some clips get really drowned out by the music and sound FX. I hope the volume of those clips can be bumped up, and some FX can be toned down - specifically the R2D2-ish beeping from the bumpers....those really step on dialog, especially when starting a mode. There are also a few bits of dialog that are chopped up funny. I heard Kirk say "YOUR MOUTH" ...lol...just out of context. Also, I hope they can maybe pick some different bits of dialog that help explain the context of the situations....but I imagine Karl Urban's custom quotes will help with this. I mean, I know what the situations are cuz I've seen the movies but it would still be nice if each mode started with a clear narrative. "Captain we've lost our warp core! The Enterprise is caught in Earth's gravity! Save the ship!"
-Warp ramp Skill Shot: I think the chaser lights on the Prem/LE should be running at ball launch to hint to the player that this ramp is a skill shot (similar to Tron LE's ramp lights). Right now the red light is on to indicate this - which is fine for the Pro...but for Prem/LE lets light up those chase lights!!!
-Definitely need a ball save option if the Kickback doesn't kickback successfully.
-Sometimes the ball hops over the switch when I make the Away Team shot and I don't get to choose my mode. I wonder if they can make the game realize if the ball ends up in the shooter lane, it's the result of the Away Team shot.
-Klingon Multiball start: Right now the laser show starts before the DMD animation/audio do. It would be nice if that was synced up better. Even better - if the game GI went DARK for a moment when the laser starts...that would look awesome.
-I'd like to see the Away Team shot & Weapons/Power/Status inserts do more.
-Right now the DMD animation/audio for completing a mode and losing a ball mid-mode are the same. This is a bit confusing...it would be nice if losing midway had different audio at least (prob can be remedied with Karl Urban).
-I think a "charge up" shot with the weapons would be cool...not sure what the context or result should be - but I think it would be a neat risk/reward if you were able to HOLD the Fire button - so your shot would charge...imagine a cool "power build" sound effect and the colors could do a cool change/strobe on the Prem/LE - when you let go, full blast! Use up all your weapons power but something cool would happen.
-I think the modes are pretty good, but it would be nice to see targets incorporated into some of them. Like in STTNG where you have to hit Q's target to relight his shots. Even better would be use of color-change for gameplay....Q*Bert style...like maybe you have to get all the Red Matter targets red (they start white, one more shot turns them pink, another turns them red) ....or same thing with shots. Get them all to color match...if you shoot too many times it cycles back to the original color. That would be unique & challenging in a Level 3 mode or Wizard mode.

I dunno man - right now there are 2 mode start shots. You have to make shots to do things in pinball. What OTHER shot should be a mode start to make your guests happy? Honestly I'd just let this one go....there's no solution here other than for them to practice lol

I haven't heard it yet...they definitely need Spock's KAAAAAHN!!! yell!

That's a very common pinball thing, though! Many games do that.

This is a good list.

#24 10 years ago

Here's my current ONE wish list item:

If a player can get 3 consecutive warps in a row, away team should light (green color insert maybe?). Make the shot and the 'shields up' call out would be said followed by the computer voice saying 'double scoring activated'. Then apron shield lights would light up and be used as a 25 sec timer of double scoring. As time decreases the shield apron lights would diminish and go from green, to light green, to yellow, to orange, to red. Black hole could award additional 15 secs.

Afterward, it would take 5 consecutive warps to relight double scoring. And the cap for future double scoring should be 5 consecutive warps. Or maybe just keep it at a flat 3 every time?

#25 10 years ago

I think they could put the option in easy or extra easy for mode starts. It's just what I have observed from watching people of all skills play and the shots don't seem very intuitive for the novice which leads to frustration when there is nothing to shoot at - for example compared to say monster bash where you can bash the ball around and keep starting stuff to progress the game. Complete a mode in Star Trek and you have to make the shot or drain to progress the game.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from sillyoldelf:

I think they could put the option in easy or extra easy for mode starts. It's just what I have observed from watching people of all skills play and the shots don't seem very intuitive for the novice which leads to frustration when there is nothing to shoot at - for example compared to say monster bash where you can bash the ball around and keep starting stuff to progress the game. Complete a mode in Star Trek and you have to make the shot or drain to progress the game.

OK, now I'm not trying to fight with you - but seriously, what would the "easy" mode start be? The ball has to stop so that you can pick a mode. The two current mode starts accomplish that. Should the Vengeance be a mode start, too? Can they hit that shot? ...but no, that's already there to start Vengeance modes and lock balls for Klingon MB.

This is no different than any other mode based game in the history of games. I can't progress in Addams if I don't hit the 2 mode starts. I can't progress in LOTR if I don't get the white rings and then hit the ring shot. You have to make shots in pinball to do things! You have TSPP - that's a WAY more difficult mode start...you gotta get it on the upper playfield then hit the ball behind the TV. It is what it is. If they can't make the mode start shots, they can still hit weapons and then slap the button to fire at the Vengeance....they can shoot the Vengeance and start multiball. They can collect locks for Klingon Multiball. They can shoot the warp ramp to earn an extra ball. I get the feeling that if they can't shoot the mode shots, they aren't making the other shots as well. The game's on Freeplay, right? Just tell them to keep playing and practice.

#28 10 years ago

Have the shield lights on the Pro actually do something. Please it just drives me nuts having targets on a new pin that serve absolutely no purpose. I can't remember the last time that happened.

#29 10 years ago

You are probably right but picking up on what stern said about making the game accessible, maybe a timer at the end of a mode on level one that automatically kicks in to start a mode if the player fails to make a shot after a certain time. It would randomly start another mode. Like TSPP, Star Trek seems to be harder than some to start a mode - monster bash for example seems much easier at least I don't see the same levels of frustration watching the kids play it.
There isn't much point telling a bunch of six year olds practice until you can do it.

Perhaps it is nonsense but I just thought on easy or even extra easy it could be done and would allow all skill levels to enjoy the later parts of the game instead of getting stuck on same shots.

The ramps and center shots seem to come naturally to most from watching but holding a flipper up and then shooting underneath it seems to leave them with frustration - well especially the kids. The left one isn't as bad but still not easy. I'd rather them have a good game and come back for more than get dispirited because they can't make a shot under a flipper and get to next level.

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from sillyoldelf:

There isn't much point telling a bunch of six year olds practice until you can do it.

There's your problem right there. Expecting six year olds to be decent at pinball. They're too young. Their eyesight and reflexes haven't developed enough to be successful at pinball. At that age, your better off getting them a POTC so they can bash the ship. That's the deepest strategy a six year old can handle: See that ship? Aim at that!

Generally speaking, a kid needs to be around 10 or 11 before he can really start playing pinball seriously. Those who are convinced that a ticket dispenser will 'save pinball' also need to keep this in mind.

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Here's my current ONE wish list item:
If a player can get 3 consecutive warps in a row, away team should light (green color insert maybe?). Make the shot and the 'shields up' call out would be said followed by the computer voice saying 'double scoring activated'. Then apron shield lights would light up and be used as a 25 sec timer of double scoring. As time decreases the shield apron lights would diminish and go from green, to light green, to yellow, to orange, to red. Black hole could award additional 15 secs.
Afterward, it would take 5 consecutive warps to relight double scoring. And the cap for future double scoring should be 5 consecutive warps. Or maybe just keep it at a flat 3 every time?

That's a good idea for Away Team - here's another: So, right now the small Enterprise inserts are basically your combo inserts...they're red for Combos....what if you were able to collect these inserts (maybe they'd turn purple for "collected"). Maybe shooting them collects...maybe stringing together combos collects, I dunno lol...but lets say you collect them all - then the Away Team shot would light up in Purple for some kind of award or scoring mode.

The only thing with our Away Team ideas is that it would be confusing on the Pro to indicate that Away team was lit for something other than Mode Start. Oh well, F it - Premium/LE ONLY modes bwahahahha!

#32 10 years ago

Yeah probably so but try telling a six year old he's too young and the game is too difficult for him to play

#33 10 years ago

I like the idea of integrating targets into different modes. That would really ramp up the variety. Maybe on one of the vengeance modes you have to hit the torpedo targets alternated by hitting a ramp like you are loading the nukes into the torpedo tubes to shoot down the vengeance. Or something to that effect.

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

That's a good idea for Away Team - here's another: So, right now the small Enterprise inserts are basically your combo inserts...they're red for Combos....what if you were able to collect these inserts (maybe they'd turn purple for "collected"). Maybe shooting them collects...maybe stringing together combos collects, I dunno lol...but lets say you collect them all - then the Away Team shot would light up in Purple for some kind of award or scoring mode.
The only thing with our Away Team ideas is that it would be confusing on the Pro to indicate that Away team was lit for something other than Mode Start. Oh well, F it - Premium/LE ONLY modes bwahahahha!

Ya. Another good idea! Side objectives like these could give such modes as; double scoring, super combos, super warps, frenzied chaos (or something) which makes all targets worth a point value for your end of ball bonus - think mamushka, etc...

EDIT: I agree screw the pro! Lololololol just messing. Pulse a flasher or something for them.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from sillyoldelf:

Yeah probably so but try telling a six year old he's too young and the game is too difficult for him to play

The game is fast and brutal whether you're good or not...is it really going to make a difference to a six year old whether he's in a mode or not?

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from sillyoldelf:

Tell him too shoot the vengeance or power up his weapons in between modes?

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I think Stern has forgotten about the Pro anyway or the shield targets would do something

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

Generally speaking, a kid needs to be around 10 or 11 before he can really start playing pinball seriously.

Sorry, going to disagree with you there. My 6-yr old began cradling, live-catching, and intentionally shooting shots when he was four.

My 7-yr old put up 18M on ST on his first game ever on the pin. I was a proud papa!

Oh, and check out young Lefkoff on IFPA's rankings. I believe he just turned 10, and has been playing excellent pinball prior to 10.

Granted, all the above examples are highly influenced by dads introducing their kids to pinball at a young age and promoting how cool pinball is to their kids. But if you show your young kids at 5 that they have the chance to get more multiballs, shoot more stuff, and bash more bad guys by controlling the ball before they flip, guess what they're going to learn how to do?

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from sillyoldelf:

It's just what I have observed from watching people of all skills play and the shots don't seem very intuitive for the novice which leads to frustration when there is nothing to shoot at

I think one of the primary reasons that the mission start shots are difficult for beginners/novices is because both shots require the patience to let the ball roll down toward the tip of the flipper. But this is a GREAT flipper skill to teach new players. And shooting under an upper flipper is just cool in and of itself.

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Sorry, going to disagree with you there. My 6-yr old began cradling, live-catching, and intentionally shooting shots when he was four.
My 7-yr old put up 18M on ST on his first game ever on the pin. I was a proud papa!
Oh, and check out young Lefkoff on IFPA's rankings. I believe he just turned 10, and has been playing excellent pinball prior to 10.
Granted, all the above examples are highly influenced by dads introducing their kids to pinball at a young age and promoting how cool pinball is to their kids. But if you show your young kids at 5 that they have the chance to get more multiballs, shoot more stuff, and bash more bad guys by controlling the ball before they flip, guess what they're going to learn how to do?

Excellent post! I gotta write this shit down. My sons 14 mos, but he knows when to fire the cannon in acdc! can't wait for him to do a cradle or better yet , live-catch!

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Hmmmm. Nice idea. Maybe something similar in nature to Tron's End of Line combo build-up and cash-in?

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Hmmmm. Nice idea. Maybe something similar in nature to Tron's End of Line combo build-up and cash-in?

Oh there ya go...yeah....so maybe as you get combos, those inserts could stay lit BRIEFLY after you're done combo-ing for a cash in at the Away Team! That would be cool.

#43 10 years ago

Copying/pasting here from what I posted on the prior Code Suggestion thread:
Warp 9.9 needs far more reward and fanfare. Such as....

"1) It's own multiball:
Getting 9.9 qualifies Warp Core MB, which must be started by locking at center shot. 2nd ball plunged to bumpers and eventually gets to upper flipper while locked ball stays put. Then, the value of this MB's jackpots are based on how many times you can consecutively nail the Warp ramp -- only during this initial one-ball stage. Kind of like WH20 multiball single/double/triple JP's, but with a cap (maybe even something ridiculous like 9x jackpots if you can pull off the miracle 9x consecutive Warp ramps when it counts). As soon as a switch below the upper flipper other than the warp ramp is hit, then your base JP value is locked (other than your combo doublers), and the locked ball releases for 2-ball play. Black Hole add-a-ball could also be a possibility.

This would add a TON of scoring excitement to the warp ramp, and perhaps make it worth going for that dangerous shot 18 times. Couldn't really be stacked with other multiballs due to the initial consecutive shot mechanism with one ball in play.

2) A multiball to augment playfield scoring:
Could be the spawn of LOTR's Gollum MB and DW's side ramp --- Warp Core MB could have a playfield multiplier that increases 0.5x with each warp ramp hit -- up to a cap -- and your PFx degrades on a timer. But in this case, your warp core can become unstable, and your PFx can go below 1x, down to 0.5x, if you don't tend to your Warp Ramp in a timely fashion. Could be stacked with other multiballs. PFx reverts back to 1x when you drain down to one ball. Could also use this to resurrect your klingon or vengeance MB if you save your Warp 9.9 for the grace period at the end of those MB's."

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from sillyoldelf:

None of the games in your collection a very kid friendly. Dad's been looking out for dad. You need a Pirate's or a Shrek. Something with a post between the flippers or a big bash toy.

Quoted from Snailman:

I'd love to see video of him in action. If he's live catching at 6, he should have is own TV show.

Quoted from Snailman:

We see Escher and his dad most every year at CAX, if not elsewhere. I'm well aware of his skills. He tore up my FGY two years ago. That's kinda why I started with...

Quoted from phishrace:

*Generally speaking*, a kid needs to be around...

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

Generally speaking

Fair enough.

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

None of the games in your collection a very kid friendly. Dad's been looking out for dad. You need a Pirate's or a Shrek. Something with a post between the flippers or a big bash toy.

Thanks for the tip. Will look out for a shrek as he likes the films. Is that easy to play and good fun too?

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from sillyoldelf:

Thanks for the tip. Will look out for a shrek as he likes the films. Is that easy to play and good fun too?

You have to hit a scoop to start modes lol ...but there's the beer can, er - Magic Mirror that has a bunch of scoring modes/multiball from bashing at it.

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

Agree this should be a more "trek" term since its not a wizard mode, but an award.

Wizard mode is a general pinball slang term meaning you would have to be a pinball wizard (the who pinball wizard) to get to that mode. It is cool that they actually call those modes wizard modes like the old school pinball players do.

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

This, a thousand times over.

I'd also like to know when the ball saver is active somehow for the other drains. Sometimes I get a center or left drain and get a "ball saved" well after the initial launch ball saver is over, for reasons that I don't understand. Usually this is indicated by the "shoot again" indicator flashing, but sometimes I get "ball saved" when that's entirely off.

Cheers!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 24.95
Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 99 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ideas-for-star-trek-code-15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.