20131215_165402.jpg
20131215_165340.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_20131024_165051_256.jpg
image-578.jpg
IMG_20131117_183429_298.jpg
There are 109 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 10 years ago
Quoted from mrobertso2:

Put me on the list first!

I get my prototype build stuff tomorrow then I will be taking deposits

#52 10 years ago
Quoted from magnoliarichj:

I get my prototype build stuff tomorrow then I will be taking deposits

i'm curious, sounds interesting.

#53 10 years ago

My Idea was to replace the projector that projects "stars" and use a handheld/pocket size projector that would project video on the PF via micro-SD or internal memory.. Think Klingon multiball it is. "Love Star trek but don't own sterns ST". However, many (under) $200 hand held projectors running on 12v to mod. Granted, if modding the handheld projector turns sour, I think projecting a color changing image on the PF would be epic and easy. You would use HP color changing LED(s) with a film to project the image onto the PF. Just like an old school film-projector.

#54 10 years ago

interesting ideas....

#55 10 years ago

So how are you guys modding the Hallmark ornaments to work with the game? I get taking the batteries out and soldering wires to the leads, but it still requires someone to push the button to light up.

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

My Idea was to replace the projector that projects "stars" and use a handheld/pocket size projector that would project video on the PF via micro-SD or internal memory.. Think Klingon multiball it is. "Love Star trek but don't own sterns ST". However, many (under) $200 hand held projectors running on 12v to mod. Granted, if modding the handheld projector turns sour, I think projecting a color changing image on the PF would be epic and easy. You would use HP color changing LED(s) with a film to project the image onto the PF. Just like an old school film-projector.

The only problem you may run into is the angle of the projection. You will probably end up with a trapezoid of an image depending on where the image is projected from.

#57 10 years ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

So how are you guys modding the Hallmark ornaments to work with the game? I get taking the batteries out and soldering wires to the leads, but it still requires someone to push the button to light up.

Not all ornaments have a button. The shuttle from DS9 does, so I glued a toothpick to the button on the bottom. But the Klingon, STTNG Enterprise, and Romulan do not have a button. I'm assuming the new Enterprise doesn't have a button either. Tron cycles can be disassembled and the button wires soldered together.

#58 10 years ago

Yep the new Enterprise and Klingon Battleship both have buttons. I tried with the button closed when powering up and it did not until the button was released. Considering drilling out the guts and running new leds bypassing the need for the button. However before I hack the $50 ornaments I wanted to see what other work arounds there might be.

#59 10 years ago

Haven't gotten there yet on the ornaments. Working on animated screens for rule card replacement

#60 10 years ago

I have an idea that I will need a test machine for fitting. I am in Albuquerque and someone in Colorado, Arizona or Texas would be perfect. In the end you will receive the mod for free. I only need one person. It can be a Pro or LE. OFFER HAS BEEN TAKEN!!!

#61 10 years ago

Haven't gotten there yet on the ornaments. Working on animated screens for rule card replacement

this is something i've been thinking for a while.
wondering, where this would be installed?

#62 10 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

this is something i've been thinking for a while.
wondering, where this would be installed?

In the apron in replacement of the cards. Parts have been ordered.

#63 10 years ago

In the apron in replacement of the cards. Parts have been ordered.

that's what i was thinking.
found something for illumination, not el paper.

but yours with animations is going to be a lot better.
can't wait to see what you will come up with, you gonna have to cut that apron.

#64 10 years ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

Here's how I did the Kelvin
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-uss-kelvin-diy-mod#post-1132491

The Enterprise one is different , the Kelvin times out the lighting so the above tut bypasses that, the enterprise doesn't have that feature and is always on so is wired different.

#65 10 years ago
Quoted from BillE:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-uss-kelvin-diy-mod#post-1132491
The Enterprise one is different , the Kelvin times out the lighting so the above tut bypasses that, the enterprise doesn't have that feature and is always on so is wired different.

Have you done an Enterprise? Like your helpful Kelvin info, a little walkthrough would be very helpful. Thanks!

#66 10 years ago
Quoted from BillE:

Nice info in the link, noticed you stated you were going to do the battle cruiser; how did that one split apart? That is the one I am about to tackle.

#67 10 years ago

I have already prototyped, installed and wired the USS Enterprise on a Star Trek Pro machine....

Here is what the ship looks like in the Pro... I sold this ST Pro machine to a fellow Pinsider

IMG_20131024_165051_256.jpgIMG_20131024_165051_256.jpg

#68 10 years ago

Here are a few videos that I made for this Pro.... I also have a Nebula and speaker mod for this machine and I am running a 15% off sale right now on this mod (Black Friday Sale). I just need to know that you want it for Star Trek, the mounting is different then the other Sterns and I will be offering very soon some SUPER bright flashers for under the Vengeance Ship.

#69 10 years ago

My STLE is being redirected to Pinball Refinery to have some magic done.

I will be the proud owner of Pinball Refinery STLE #1.

(I don't know exactly what mods will be on it, but I'm excited anyway!)

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Hopefully, I'll qualify for the Black Friday special ...

#71 10 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Thank you for the opportunity to let us convert your STLE into a Pinball Refinery Edition. It's our pleasure to be doing your machine and my personal one as well....

Quoted from jfh:

Hopefully, I'll qualify for the Black Friday special ...

LOL...

#72 10 years ago

well my prototype worked as planned now im just going to order the larger screens and start working on the artwork to be displayed... I am having trouble sourcing bezels to surround the screens so if any one has any info on bezels for lcd screens let me know.

#73 10 years ago

Sounds really cool, maybe you can give the measurements to someone here and they can 3d print some for you?

#74 10 years ago

well one idea I have is to replaced the apron cards with animated images this will work with any pinball machine and can be customized to the machine... such as rule cards and the like.

different tan what dr. pinball is doing in the UK

#75 10 years ago

heres my prototype success... I will be offering these in sizes from 1 inch to 7 inch screen sizes... I have plenty of ideas I am going to implement... please let me know what you think... the size of the screen In the video is a 1.5 oled. I am also working on one with a 2" widescreen oled that is see through.... I need my pin to get here so I can work on mounting things up...

I will be also making items for sttng and tron.....

#76 10 years ago

» YouTube video
heres my prototype success... I will be offering these in sizes from 1 inch to 7 inch screen sizes... I have plenty of ideas I am going to implement... please let me know what you think... the size of the screen In the video is a 1.5 oled. I am also working on one with a 2" widescreen oled that is see through.... I need my pin to get here so I can work on mounting things up...

Very cool. Almost endless potential.

#77 10 years ago

Here is a mod I just got in the mail today. It is the Hot Wheels Klingon Bird of Prey ship from the ST:Into Darkness line of toys. It has a ST insignia base on it. (don't know if it shows very well in the picture or not) and I would love to play it somewhere on the playfield once my LE comes in. Any ideas or mods made from this toy yet?image.jpgimage.jpg

#79 10 years ago

Now that sounds interesting.

#80 10 years ago

» YouTube video

Love it but 1.5in is way to small. How many video frames does it hold and what is the frame rate?

#81 10 years ago

» YouTube video

This looks crazy awesome; doubly good seeing as how the playcards might be the lamest part of any machine. Great idea!

#82 10 years ago

Here's an idea. Replace the tin foil asteroids with damaged starships from the first movie. The game would look bad ass with ships on those ramps looking all battered with the Vengance in the middle.

#83 10 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Here's an idea. Replace the tin foil asteroids with damaged starships from the first movie. The game would look bad ass with ships on those ramps looking all battered with the Vengance in the middle.

You could use micro machines for scale

#84 10 years ago

Has anyone made custom Free Play cards yet?

#85 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Has anyone made custom Free Play cards yet?

if anyone has please msg me I would love to use your cards in my project...

#86 10 years ago

How about a projector wired up where laser goes

3M PocketProjector MP160

Could project actual star field instead

#87 10 years ago
Quoted from sillyoldelf:

How about a projector wired up where laser goes
3M PocketProjector MP160
Could project actual star field instead

interesting... but what about boot up time

#88 10 years ago

» YouTube video

Oh yeah, I'm TOTALLY into that. Shoot, if I add any more mods to my STPRO, I'll soon have an LE-- and then some!

1 week later
#89 10 years ago

Vengeance - being cut now
Klingon - being proto now
Enterprise - sold out but may make more.
Nebula - proto now.

Looks like all will be January.

#90 10 years ago

heres my prototype success... I will be offering these in sizes from 1 inch to 7 inch screen sizes

That is VERY cool!

#91 10 years ago

We have headphone kits with or without master volume controls ready for Star Trek Le.. Pm me for purchase
Thanks,
Lorenzo
Pinnovators.com
image.jpgimage.jpg

#92 10 years ago

Parts availabliity is holding me up....

#93 10 years ago

We have several mods on our site now and more coming...

www.pinballrefinery.com

2 weeks later
#94 10 years ago

» YouTube video

Now that is a really cool mod!

#95 10 years ago

I will also have limited quantities of the Enterprise and Bird of Prey ships with LEDs. I should be getting my Pro next week for final fitting. I would expect these to be available for the new year. For those that may have bought these ships I should be able to offer the lighting kit as well.

#96 10 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead1550:

Now that is a really cool mod!

parts still holding me up.... ugh

#97 10 years ago

parts still holding me up.... ugh

That still is an awesome mod! I bought a Pinball Refinery Apron . . . do you think these would still work in that? If so, put me on the list.

#98 10 years ago

still working out programming the animations... ill keep everyone posted as soon as I have a product.

#99 10 years ago

I had some old led tubes laying around and thought this turned out really nice

20131215_165340.jpg20131215_165340.jpg
#100 10 years ago

Side view

20131215_165402.jpg20131215_165402.jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 109 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ideas-for-modding-stle/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.