(Topic ID: 176347)

Ideas for how to help boost location pinball?

By Whysnow

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1517 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1519 (resized).JPG
    20161219_145344 (resized).jpg
    073feca54de027b249c520548d42b82d (resized).jpg
    pl2231541-charming_advertising_inflatable_mirror_ball_theme_park_family_toys (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider raisindot.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 7 years ago

Never a good player, I went to a couple competitions but was completely intimidated by the good players there. And totally bored, since I'd lost a ball in 10 seconds, while the other players kept the ball going for 5-10 minutes. Unless you have a chance of winning, who wants to wait around to play and be beaten?

Honestly, I think the competitive players sometimes give the game a bad name. Too many of them are full of themselves, or get really violent with the games or complain when glitches occur. It's really not that pleasant.

If you want to get the "non-compete" players in, host casual freeplay nights-- $10 entry fee for all the games you can play, and make your money on beer and food.

I would to these events at your 12-pin location, so no one has to wait. And put your most recent Stern pins or some of the "novice-friendly" B/Ws like Attack from Mars there (if you have it). I would also focus on marketing to the UW-Madison and MATC demographic, since it's the younger people who will keep the game alive. Find inexpensive ways to sponsor certain student events such as videogame clubs or competitions or amateur rock band nights. See if you can tap into social media platforms used by students. Posters are always good.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider raisindot.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ideas-for-how-to-help-boost-location-pinball?tu=raisindot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.