(Topic ID: 176347)

Ideas for how to help boost location pinball?

By Whysnow

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1517 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1519 (resized).JPG
    20161219_145344 (resized).jpg
    073feca54de027b249c520548d42b82d (resized).jpg
    pl2231541-charming_advertising_inflatable_mirror_ball_theme_park_family_toys (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BrewNinja.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#120 7 years ago

Just saw this thread. I've been to a few of the Madison monthlies though it's been a while now. For me the biggest turn off (and one of the reasons I haven't come back) is the barrier to doing well. I show up and have to play a game I've probably never touched, or played very little. That means I have no idea how to score well, and end up doing amazingly bad because I don't know what to do. One of the times I came Sean helped me out on TAF after I mentioned I didn't like the machine cause I can't ever build points. I then actually had a good game on it after he gave a few hints. Another reason is I'm on the west side, and Saturday sucks for a day for me (though I totally understand why you have one on Saturday).

That being said, I still go out to schwoeglers when I have a chance to help support you guys. The variety of pins available in our area is awesome. Thanks to you guys for the hard work.

#124 7 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

Well, there's only one way to get better at games you don't know, and not playing them isn't it!

True, but that's a 25 minute drive to that side of town. Making time to do a monthly is bad enough (I have a lot going on all the time). I was just explaining why I don't come anymore. It's not fun always being at the bottom just because I don't know what to do for a decent score. I'm also semi introverted, so going to a meet up and not knowing anyone is tough. Not making excuses, just mentioning what my situation is. I'm sure there are others like me.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BrewNinja.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ideas-for-how-to-help-boost-location-pinball?tu=BrewNinja and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.