(Topic ID: 204035)

Ideas for fun monthly location pinball competition (non IFPA)?

By Whysnow

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by yancy
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mkecasey.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 6 years ago

I like the idea of the pinball pinball pinball/king of the hill format. I personally haven't played it yet but the concept seems fun. I think that is the format Michael Ritter is doing in Milwaukee for the event he runs. So he may be able to provide additional insight if you're interested in that type of format.

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Is king of the hill the 'last man standing' type format where you play a game and then stay there until someone fails to beat your score and then you move on? That's an interesting format.

More or less, yes. Although I've seen it where the LOSER stays on the game and the winner goes to the back of the line. It's kind of a second chance for the loser and it'll help keep the scores balanced. But if the person loses twice in a row, the winner and loser would be sent to the back. You also don't get choice of game. When one game wraps up, the next person in line gets sent to the open machine.

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

good idea. I should just make it over to check it out and see how that works.
    Do you get a point for each time you win a game? most points at end of night wins?

Not sure what Michael does in MKE. But the guy doing it near me is coreyhulse . But I believe he does a point for each game you win. The tiebreaker in the event that people have the same amount of points is whoever played the fewest games (in other words, lowest amount of loses)

You're right epthegeek , I think we are talking about two different formats. My mistake!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mkecasey.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ideas-for-fun-monthly-location-pinball-competition-non-ifpa?tu=mkecasey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.