Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 75 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Thor-NL
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

trophies.jpg
    image.jpg
    IMG_20140321_200533.jpg
    Pingolf_2nd Place_11.22.2013.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryanwanger.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 9 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

- getting a bunch of lottery scratchers or small bottles of booze, and award them as prizes to anyone who can reach certain achievements -- start Final Frontier on STTNG, reach 3-ball multiball on Black Hole, complete the mirror on Funhouse, defeat the King of Payne on MM. (probably limiting it to one per guest)

I like your ideas, but not a single one of your guests will reach any of these goals...not even on 5 ball.

I'm wondering if the best idea is to just let people play, but go around and play a game with each of them - showing off a few flipper skills and nudging. That might be a better hook for people who don't know pinball than just rules explaining.

#26 9 years ago

I do like the idea of resetting all the high scores and making the defaults really low. Who doesn't like entering their initials into a game? Then later, make the rounds and say a little personal congrats to each person who put up the top score on each machine. Maybe that'll be a little incentive to play more in the future.

#32 9 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

How do you reset high scores? Is there a way to reset High Scores but keep your other audits?
    I only have SAM Stern games
    There is an old high score on PotC from when I had on 5 balls.

Util -> Resets

One is called "GC" - which resets just the grand champion score. Another is called "HSTD" - which resets all other high scores.

You can set default high scores and awards for them under: ADJ -> SPI. It's probably around #27-37. Take a look at the manual sometime - lots of cool stuff in there!

#45 9 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

What I do is have something else that is going on to get the people over my house like a card game. then once they are in the gambling mood, I have everyone put 5 bucks into an envelope for each game that I have (only have 4). then I reset all the high scores on all the games. then I tell them, whomever has the highest score on each game by 6 am gets the envelope (I am not allowed to participate).

I would be all about this.

#66 9 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

Yet simple games, like Breakshot or Triple Play, are total market failures. If people only want simple pinball, why does it do so poorly?

People who don't put quarters in public machines like simple pinball?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryanwanger.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ideas-for-a-pinball-party-for-noobs?tu=ryanwanger and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.