(Topic ID: 288347)

Ideas and Advice for adding pins to collection.

By Purdue

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 59 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Daditude
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20210227-123803~2 (resized).png
    rudycrazed (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-02-20 at 12.08.01 PM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-20 at 12.07.51 PM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bublehead.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#44 3 years ago

My own collection has a very weird thread running through it. I have a game from about every decade (missing the ‘70’s right now) so that makes for varied types of fun to be had based on how I am feeling, how nostalgic I feel when walk up to the line and decide to play... for a real trip back to my single digit years, I have a 60’s wedge head, I have an 80’s SS, a 90’s WPC and Sega, a naughties Stern, and a 2010’s remake of a late 90’s WPC, which covers new technology and was NIB from this decade without actually being from this decade... so I can take a long or short trip back in time depending on my mood. The wedge head, being all bing bing bong bong as you put it, is the fastest machine to start a game on. Boot time is about 1 second and I can be playing a game within 3... this makes “a quick game of pinball” exactly that...

But seeing your collection, you seem to be stuck at 90’s and later, or more accurately, a modern collection with throwbacks to the 90’s WPC and Stern naughties eras. If this is what you like playing, I would go with CGI remakes to flesh out your WPC lineup, and stick with the modern Sterns and a JJP or API title that floats your boat. I think both JJP and API make great machines, but their theme choices have been disappointing. The only JJP that I recommend is POTC, that is one heart pounding fun game to play IF you know how to play it, but unfortunately they are pricey due to limited supply and increasing demand. For API, their builds are solid, their toys quite functional, decent quality, but they have yet to produce a title that strikes a chord with me. Modern Sterns are fun and Deadpool premium, IMDN, and even EHOH are good candidates based on what you currently own. SW and ST from Stern are keepers in premium and above, but the pros are sadly not up to snuff once you play premium versions IMHO.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bublehead.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ideas-and-advice-for-adding-pins-to-collection?tu=Bublehead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.