(Topic ID: 111004)

Ideal Game Length for reaching your High Score (poll!)

By mof

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by rai
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What is your ideal game length for an Epic Game?”

• ~15 minutes 48 votes
      77%
    • ~60 minutes 14 votes
      23%

(62 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 9 years ago

Hard for me to say as I'm not so good, it's a wonder when I do get a 15 minute game on anythig. But I can see that I'd probably rather play a 15 minute game if ever on IM, would probably be more fun than a 60 minute game on POTC, don't get me wrong I'd love to beat PotC but it would take a lot of shots, sinking that ship is fun and all, but as they say it can be wood choppy after a while.

#14 9 years ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

How ever long it takes, its gotta be fun, your playing pinball.

That's true (unless it's South Park).

Often, most of the time I play I just turn the games on and hit the ball around. Let's sink the ship or let's get Iron Monger Multiball. Just have a fun time making some shots or combos. Heck even fun to get a tilt warning as the ball is draining.

It's great to play seriously and try to solve the game but most of my time is just spend noodling around, not seriously beating the game, it's great to get deep into the game but also more work and concentration which can be more effort and frustration as well.

3 years later
    #20 5 years ago

I guess for me, I’m buying TNA for this reason. I just bought AFM also a great quick game. My ball time on AFM average something like 50 seconds. Sure there will be the odd 5-8 minute game but typically 2-3 minutes.

I’m playing Tron a lot and almost getting to SOS every time but always just missing one or two inserts. I can do that on Tron in like 4 minutes but on PotC it would take me 15 minutes to get most/all of the compass lit.

When I had my LotR it was great but if I didn’t get kind of far it was a disappointment and it takes a while to get kind of far in that type of game.

I’m hoping TNA is something like a distilled essence of AFM or Tron.

I’ve never really played the 80s pins (may have when I was a youth but don’t recall too much). I’m hoping TNA is something like and 80s pin but with modern flashes. Plus the co-op and vs play is really something lacking from pinball imo.

#24 5 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

What game do you have the longest ball times on? How long on average?
    -mof

need to check the audits, but I'm fairly sure SM and PotC are my longest ball time games. LotR and STLE were both long as well.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ideal-game-length-for-reaching-your-hs?tu=rai and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.