Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 89 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by spfxted
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Midevil_army_of_darkness.JPG
    armyofdarkness.jpg
    lady-gagablog1.jpg
    Lady+GaGa+gdfgdfee5.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jespo_19.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#55 13 years ago

if licence is a must for stern, which seems to be a pattern. than try to grab one that may cost less that way the machine designer (wink wink george gomez!!!!!!!) has more $ to work with to make a gem. i think kill bill pinball would be excellent. being an older license may cost less upfront. while lacking the uber "freshness" of a license in theatres it still packs a pretty good following. two movies to work with for plot characters etc. excellent music and voice clips could be ripped right out of the films.by using some of sterns same tricks as far a stuff on the playfield money is saved in design, a (hanzo) sword locking ramp perhaps like lotr? one of those red DMD filters would be a nice touch. having to kill each of the 4 members of the squad then bill would be the main objective of the game though. a reveal chamber like batman with different sections/figures revealed for each member you have to kill might be cool. spelling "kill" "bill" drop targets lights side modes like training with pai mei and getting the hatori hanzo sword or other movie moments, this would add depth as well maybe a complete training mini wizard mode. then maybe one creative piece of tech or bigger toy to really end with a bang like an iron monger"ish" Bill that rises from the playfield to do battle. the obvious killing of bill wizard mode could only be completed after your training (mini-wizard) was competed. even with "recylcled" toys i feel kill bill is a worthy theme for stern to consider, its all about presentation, good music is present througout the movie and would pump you up to do battle and many great quotes as well. the films ooze style and tarintino is a sucker for noir and retro making pinball a cool deal for all parties involved. this machine, with a guy like gomez behind the helm i would have immense faith in his design. theres my two cents (more like .50 but w/e) let me know what you guys think! would you buy one?

2 weeks later
    #63 13 years ago

good idea sealclubber, i feel like there are plenty of developers out there with great ideas that just need to be manufactured. i'm sure someone could continue the popular pin2k line and make a few bucks as well. wizard blocks made it to whitewood stage, and playboy was on its way too, just needs the $ and manufacturing to put into it. devolopers would need WAY too much starting capital to make their own though. Stern would be wise to consider your plan clubber. let some other dude/company make 1 of the 3 pins made yearly to mix things up.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jespo_19.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/idea-for-stern?tu=jespo_19 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.