Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by EJS
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

Forgive me if this already exists, but I suggest we come up with a new abbreviation for listing games for sale.
    It could be WMML (wife making me list) or DRWTS (don't really want to sell). It would be used to signify that our significant other has insisted we sell a machine, but we don't really want to sell.
    So if I want a Jurassic Park, but my wife says we don't have room or money etc I can tell her that its ok because I promise to list my Demolition Man to clear up room and raise funds. Only there is one problem; I love Demo Man and don't ever want to let it go. If I list it for 8k the price police will crap all over it and if she sees the posts the gig is up.
    However if I list my game as
    "Recently shopped Demo Man WMML $8,000." Then we in the pinball community could support each other by commenting on the post. "Wow, great price. Too bad you don't live closer or I would take it." Or "looks great man, you shouldn't have trouble moving this." Or "great looking game. Don't take a dime less than $7750."
    Even if the price police show up someone could jump to the lister's defense, "Read the listing. 8k is too much for a regular demo man but this one is a WMML machine."
    If the wife ever follows up about "didn't you say you were going to sell that game?" You could show her the list of emails/comments and say "I have had a lot of interest. Just unfortunately had a couple deals fall thru."

Just an idea.

#2 3 years ago

Great idea.

Nobody will remember the secret code. And price police will tear you a new one.

Or complaining about abbreviations and now what in sam hill does WMML mean ?

LTG : )

#3 3 years ago

Use this for your wanted Ads
    MDKM-Momma Dont Know money
    Looking to add a pin to my collection with my MDKM

#4 3 years ago

Watch for FS ad from OP coming soon! He's just priming us to play along. We got your back!

#5 3 years ago

I can't keep track of the game abbreviations much less this "secret code" for a listing that's for a game that isn't really for sale.

Tell the wife the truth.

#6 3 years ago

Since the VP is a VIP, we should keep the PC on the QT, if it leaks to the VC and he becomes MIA we will all be put on KP.

#7 3 years ago

Thanks but Pinside inventing "New out of Box" is stupid enough.

#8 3 years ago

I’m not smart enough to keep up with the current abbreviations used, so, for me, less is more

#9 3 years ago

I wish people would quit being lazy and just type the game name out completely.

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

WTF is a TLA?

Three Letter Abbreviation.

LTG : P

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Three Letter Abbreviation.
    LTG : P

We have a winner! Acronym would have also been an acceptable answer.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/idea-for-new-listing-abbreviations?hl=pappadubz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.