3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by SLAMT1LT
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Fremulon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Pinball machines have gotten more and more amazing. It's great to see the limits of creativity being pushed to such amazing levels.

I had the thought of a new machine that may be the ultimate culmination of technology.
    It's a pinball machine with a touch sensitive display screen as its whole playfield.

It could be programmed to display literally anything.
    Think of a game play mode where the whole playfield is a star field like you're moving through space at warp...
    There could be a tracer that trails the ball like a sparkling comet tail. You could have little explosions like fireworks that go off whenever the ball hits the pop bumpers. Dazzling colored numbers that pop up when you score points. Targets can be totally variable.

I mean it wouldn't be easy. The display screen would have to have holes in it for the mechanical parts like pop bumpers and drop targets or other flippers. The ramps and rails would need to be mounted on the screen somehow. And the cost of making this thing would be ABSURD.

But the possibilities are endless. Water modes or snow and ice or lava and fire. Anything you can think of could be part of a display on the play field.
    This idea has enormous potential.

Has anyone seen anything like this yet? I think virtual pinball could do a lot of what I'm describing. This would be like a sort of hybrid, the best of both worlds.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Fremulon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/idea-fantasy-for-the-ultimate-pinball-machine?tu=Fremulon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.