Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by jgadzia
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20180720_154909 (resized).jpg
20180719_134238 (resized).jpg

#1 7 months ago

the 5,7, and 9 position connectors on my fishtales powerboard are falling apart. I tried replacing them but some of the connectors require the wire loop around back into the connector to a different position. I have some idc connectors but they are red stripe(which i am guessing is for 22 guage wires) and they have a piece of plastic that blocks the wire from coming out the other side. (i think these are mt/end? connectors?) I believe i need the orange connectors because these are larger wires(18 guage) from the transformer.

the only place i can find these connectors is on marcospecialties and they dont have the thru types for these sizes. I have looked on jameco and mouser but with generic search for idc connectors i cant find anything. Does anyone have any suggestions on where i can get these or another name to look them up under, and am i correct that i need the thru connectors? Any Help would be greatly appreciated!

#2 7 months ago

These can be converted to molex connectors, making a ‘Y’ with the wires that are looped to two pin locations.

#3 7 months ago
Quoted from Completist:

These can be converted to molex connectors, making a ‘Y’ with the wires that are looped to two pin locations.

anymore info on this? how are you splicing the wires?

#4 7 months ago

Best way i can describe is to take a short length of wireand bend it in half. At the half way point (where the bent is) remove some insulation. Place some heat shrink over the original wire that went to the connector, and then solder it to the section tou just stripped. Then pull the heat shrink over the joint. Now you have one wire that splits into two to spread the load over two pins.

Hope that makes sense. I think i read this on pinwiki or somewhere like that.

#5 7 months ago

doable just was hoping i could buy these, would be alot easier

#6 7 months ago

With IDC connectors, the wire doesn’t go through anywhere. You put the entire wire, unstripped, into the groove and push down. Ideally with an IDC tool but a small flathead scewdriver will work in a pinch. The holes of the IDC connector go on the header pins. The key that blocks a hole is so you can only put it on 1 way

#8 7 months ago
Quoted from jgadzia:

the only place i can find these connectors is on marcospecialties and they dont have the thru types for these sizes.

i buy the longest connectors then just cut them to the size i need, if they have longer ones available this could be an option

#9 7 months ago

I had this problem recently.
take a razor blade and cut out the "end" plastic pieces for the slots you need to loop the wire.
done and done.

20180719_134238 (resized).jpg20180720_154909 (resized).jpg
#10 7 months ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

i buy the longest connectors then just cut them to the size i need, if they have longer ones available this could be an option

What do you cut them with?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 279.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Goffstown, NH
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball
Machine - For Sale
West Greenwich, RI
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
€ 4.99
Flipper Parts
Multigame
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 16.00
$ 109.99
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Morris Plains, NJ
$ 279.95
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Full Tilt Pinball LEDs
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 50.00
Sale Pending!
Burien, WA

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside