• Latest reply 3 years ago by barakandl
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20200607_210704 (resized).jpg
20200607_210713 (1) (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider barakandl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 3 years ago

pretty sure its the wire's insulation breaking down or maybe reacting with metal in the connector causing it to break down. If you redo the same wire it comes back after a few years. Got to cut back the wire and splice in a new length.

I haven't found the goo to cause conductivity problems but i am sure its not helping. I have wiped it clean and left it as is and have not had issues later down the road.

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

Yes, not causing any conductive issues that I am aware of Andrew. Do you happen to know what those three wires do that the connector is blue-ing on?

not sure from memory. i think it is +5v's ground return wire going to MPU or driver. Check manual.

it happens on dark colors. Black, violet, green, blue. usually in games like 1978-1980, but may effect larger range. Seen it in classic stern and williams for sure. can't remember about bally.

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from PNBLWZD:

I’ve seen this also happen with old clear speaker wire where the green is visible through the insulation. I figured it’s copper corrosion or oxidation of some sort, but it will start at the wire end and continue up the wire for a few feet inside the insulation.

Maybe some kind of reaction with the copper and something in the insulation?? Mixed metals touching at the crimp point too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

3,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider barakandl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/idc-connectors-blue-ing?tu=barakandl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.