9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by swinks
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IDC-156F Tool Tip.png
    ScreenshotIDC-156F Tool.png
    ScreenshotIDC-156F Tool Transparent Handle.png
    ScreenshotIDC-156F Tool Extended.png
    #1 9 years ago

This has been test printed and used and works perfectly in multiple brand IDC fittings. I designed and made this as I bought a $10 plastic version and probably did 15 plugs and the plastic fingers bent over and the tool was a throw away.

When you purchase the wire inserter also purchase the IDC-156F Tool Handle so you can do all the typical plugs inside a pinball machine. The tool tip simply slides into the handle via the dedicated guide groove and inside the handle is a small locking piece so it will not fall out. The tool tip is double ended and depending on the material that you choose to get, the tip should last you a life time.

Search "SwinksIDC" for both tool parts when ordering. This is not just for pinball wiring but any crimping of IDC-156F fittings.

https://www.shapeways.com/search?q=swinksidc

ScreenshotIDC-156F Tool Extended.pngScreenshotIDC-156F Tool Extended.png
    ScreenshotIDC-156F Tool Transparent Handle.pngScreenshotIDC-156F Tool Transparent Handle.png
    ScreenshotIDC-156F Tool.pngScreenshotIDC-156F Tool.png
    IDC-156F Tool Tip.pngIDC-156F Tool Tip.png

#2 9 years ago

Cool idea. The standard plastic ones suck. If I didn't already own the Molex brand steel ones, I'd order this. If you make a handle that has a bit more grip to it, I would probably splurge and buy another. The Molex ones have a smooth steel handle similar in shape to this one, and my hands are always sliding down the grip while trying to press a wire into place.

Oh, I just happened to think, are both ends for 0.156", or can it do 0.1" as well?

#3 9 years ago

the handle works well with the ribs and the nylon plastic is textured on this one and both ends of the steel wire inserter are 0.156" at the moment, as in the few games I have I have not seen the 0.001" connectors.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/idc-156f-wire-insertion-pinball-tool and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.