Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CIMG6468.JPG
CIMG6464.JPG
#1 12 years ago

My ID4 automatically goes to 6 person multiplayer with one push of the start button. Also on 3rd ball automatically goes to multiball, even if 3 locks have not been obtained. Seems I have multi problemos. And no, it's not the difficulty setting set to ridiculous easy! By the way, the multiplayer thing is intermittent and doesn't happen each time the machine is turned on. Just most of the time.

#2 12 years ago
Quoted from dirtrider:

to 6 person multiplayer with one push of the start button.

Check the push start button switch in test mode and see if it
registers properly,Switch could be going bad.

#3 12 years ago

Checked that. Spot on.

#4 12 years ago

Maybe I need to hit the switch matrix to see what contacts could be knocking together to cause an apparent multi start. Hmmm.

#5 12 years ago

did you like the ID4? I ended up trading off the T2 i got from you. any chance you'll be getting rid of your Shadow?

#6 12 years ago

I'd start with the basics. Switch wired wrong, diode facing the wrong direction, or a short to switch wiring or switch lugs.

And it can be anywhere in your game, not just where it pops up. LTG

#7 12 years ago

I like the ID4 and I will sell the Shadow.

#8 12 years ago

Glad to hear you enjoy it, I messaged you about the Shadow.

1 month later
#9 12 years ago

This machine was getting worse, almost to the point of being unplayable. So, I figured to take a look at troubleshooting again. I opened the machine up, went into switch test mode. While I was randomly going through the switch operations, one of the switches starting going crazy. On a Sega machine there is a "drum" sound effect each time a switch is activated. It sounded like drum solo. The switch was the opto at the alien head, and when I touched the opto circuit board with finger tip, the switch would also make. I took the switch out an noticed it very dirty. I cleaned it up with a cotton swab, re-installed, and now the pin works like a champ! Wow! What fun! This machine is alot better that I initially thought!

CIMG6464.JPGCIMG6464.JPG CIMG6468.JPGCIMG6468.JPG

#10 12 years ago

Who here needs ramp protectors for this machine?
My ramps are beat and hard to find replacements (if someone has a rt ramp or nos plastics I'll take them)
Contacted and working with Cliffy on a set of protectors for it.

BTW Flipper Fidelity now has a kit for ID4 too

#11 12 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Contacted and working with Cliffy on a set of protectors for it.

I expect nothing but the best templates from you Robert. You've been a great helper on past projects!

#12 12 years ago

Looks like I will be needed to order a set when he is done with them.

Did you paint your alien head? Not sure if I like that better than original or not.

#13 12 years ago
Quoted from dirtrider:

Also on 3rd ball automatically goes to multiball, even if 3 locks have not been obtained.

That's something typical for data east and sega, if you have not yet obtained multiball in your first 2 balls it will lite it on the third ball.

#14 12 years ago
Quoted from Cliffy:

HOOKED said:Contacted and working with Cliffy on a set of protectors for it.
I expect nothing but the best templates from you Robert. You've been a great helper on past projects!

Didnt know you were on here Cliffy...Merry Christmas
ID4 is in pieces as I sit here typing. Going to get templates before the New Year.

#15 12 years ago
Quoted from absocountry2:

Did you paint your alien head? Not sure if I like that better than original or not.

It came that way. Does yours look different? I have seen some machines that have a smaller alien inside the head. Don't know if they were early production, or prototype? Can you post a picture?

1 week later
#16 12 years ago

id4 fans the templates are in the mail.
Left ramp (both sides)
Rt ramp left side
All really needed those factory tin cans suck.

#17 12 years ago
Quoted from dirtrider:

Also on 3rd ball automatically goes to multiball, even if 3 locks have not been obtained.

This is how the factory default is set. If you are struggling and on ball three it pretty much gives you multi-ball.

Quoted from dirtrider:

This machine is alot better that I initially thought!

I agree it is one fun pin for sure very underrated IMO. I love the speed, layout and sound on this one.

Quoted from HOOKED:

ID4 is in pieces as I sit here typing. Going to get templates before the New Year.

Well played Hooked I know someone close by that will really appreciate your and Cliffy's efforts with this.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
$ 18.95
Boards
PinSound

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Midlothian, VA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/id4-with-multiplayer-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.