• 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Tommi_Gunn
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I am looking for opinions on ID4.

#2 11 years ago

I was excited to get one but was extremely disappointed. One of the fastest in and outs of my collection history.

#3 11 years ago

Average Sega. Not too bad, not extremely good. Fun, has some multiballs, interesting playfield layout. Make sure the mechanism in the center of the playfield isn't broken.

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from jitneystand1:

I was excited to get one but was extremely disappointed. One of the fastest in and outs of my collection history.

Why were you disappointed? I heard it doesn't have any modes as well, is that true?

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from sensfreak:

I am looking for opinions on ID4.

You can find them in places like the ipdb site, rgp (search the archives), and other pinball sites around the web. Any search engine should suffice here.

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

You can find them in places like the ipdb site, rgp (search the archives), and other pinball sites around the web. Any search engine should suffice here.

What about the fine and helpful folks at Pinside? I've used the search engine Google to look up many reviews of this pinball machine but it's always nice to read a fresh review or take.

#7 11 years ago

I visited one for about 10 plays and loved it. The shot layout was interesting and the sound on the machine had been upgraded. It felt as if the whole game was a rush...timed shots hit this hit that...jet fighter sounds. Purchased one for my collection of 8-10 thinking it would fit in but it just seemed to fall flat quick. Not that I didnt like it but that I just didnt want to keep it rather than chase something else. I guess you could say it just didnt challenge me as much as others so I let it go. I think it would be better for someone that loves the theme that could overlook the shallowness of the rule sheet. Much like other Sega games of its day for example Godzilla -shallow rules but I like the theme - now mix ID4 ramps with zilla theme it would have stayed longer.

I call it a cheap thrill....get it cheap keep it cheap (dont over mod) and resell when your done.

#8 11 years ago

Having never played a game on one but reading as many reviews and comments as possible online via Internet search engines this is my take:

It's a decent looking game with a decent looking playfield. It has some cool ramps, sounds, and music. Not a very deep game at all but the Multi-balls are a plus. Kids and non-pinheads will enjoy it but the dedicated player will bore of it quickly. In a large collection it will sit fine but won't last long in a smaller one. If one can be had between $1,200-1,500 it could be considered a nice piece.

#9 11 years ago

I like the layout on mine and the ramps are fun.

#10 11 years ago

I have one in my collection now and think it's a pretty good game. It gets a lot of attention from friends and family that come to visit. My wife occasionally plays pinball and is a little picky on titles, but likes this one. It has great audio - the music tracks are very well done and tie into the movie nicely...I also like the Will Smith quotes - some are quite funny. There are a couple multiball modes that are a blast too. I would recommend the title...especially if you can pick one up in nice shape for under $1500 - I don't think you'll regret it.

#11 11 years ago

Go for it! I picked one up about 6 weeks ago and I've been hammering it ever since.

Yeah, there are better games out there but there are also plenty of far worse ones. It's a quick fun game - don't over think it. Enjoy the ramps and the multi-balls.

I guess it depends on how many other machines you have as to whether it will be a keeper but in terms of value for money it's a good bet.

It gets a bad rep as it's a SEGA but doesn't really deserve it. The artwork isn't stunning but I've seen worse.

At the end of the day it comes down to personal taste but what have you really got to loose from trying it?

#12 11 years ago

pass. save for something better. bottom of the barrel imo

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
PinSound
Boards
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 12.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/id4-opinions-needed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.