image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_2.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
#1 8 years ago

Id4 keeps resetting and slam tilt switch 55 is stuck open and can't find switch in manual

#2 8 years ago

Not sure on your game, but slam tilt is usually mounted on the door.

#3 8 years ago

Pretty sure it's been cut out can't find one anywhere game played fine then just started reseting randomly

#4 8 years ago

Cliped wires by left flipper and coin door probably why slam tilt switch stuck open

#5 8 years ago

But still have the reseting issue

#6 8 years ago

Wondering if this fuse might be blowing

image.jpgimage.jpg

#7 8 years ago

No experience with slow blow fuses tho

#8 8 years ago

Spots where wires are clipped and coin door with no switch on it

image.jpgimage.jpg

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

image_2.jpgimage_2.jpg

#9 8 years ago

I'm not familiar with Sega's at all, but a blown fuse would go out and stay out. I don't think it would cause a reset. Not sure. I would send a message to LTG for advice.

#10 8 years ago

Shoot I was thinking slow blow fuse ment it slowly blew lol Thanks for your help this far

#11 8 years ago

Fuse blown isnt an issue for resets maybe a loose fuse holder, ive seen that be a problem before, but first thing on resets if it doesnt say slam on your dmd would be checking mpu 5vdc curcuit is holding steady/low, it should be a touch over 5v. If you cant do that you could at least re-seat all the ribbon cables in the backbox and see if it changes the situation.

#12 8 years ago

What do you mean re seat like unplug and plug back in?

#13 8 years ago

Yes.

#14 8 years ago

Reseated ribbon and seamed to work crossing my fingers thanks/wisefwumyogwave

#15 8 years ago

Corrosion on a pin or something? Trying to understand why this solved the problem

#16 8 years ago

Problem solved reseat worked now I gotta get a slam tilt switch back on this thing thanks for taking the time to respond guys

#17 8 years ago

You should at this point reflow solder on any header pins on the boards where re-seating ribbon cables took place just to be sure. There may be a hairline crack or loose solder joint on the ribbon cable plugs causing continuity loss. Most likely the one inbetween the two big boards, do both of those.

#18 8 years ago

Will do!! Thanks again

#19 8 years ago

Sure man i own one too as of a few weeks ago, so if you run into something feel free to pm me for some info ill help you run through some stuff or whatever, cross check with my game, that sortof thing.

4 weeks later
#21 8 years ago

Haven't had time to refloat solder yet but tore it down cleaned it up and put LEDs in my Vuk pops randomly (has since I got it) and of course it is resetting again tried reseating again but not working maybe it's time to solder

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

3 weeks later
#22 8 years ago

Could be that the watchdog sets in. Check http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/downloads/sb112.pdf and follow the instructions on the service bulletin. Something you should do anyway. Might solv your random reset problem.

It won't solv you random VUK problem though. That sounds like a bad diod or something, check if the VUK triggers when you push another switch in the matrix. If, for example, the VUK triggers when you trigger one of the slingshots. Things are never completely random

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from Gondar:

Could be that the watchdog sets in. Check http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/downloads/sb112.pdf and follow the instructions on the service bulletin. Something you should do anyway. Might solv your random reset problem.
It won't solv you random VUK problem though. That sounds like a bad diod or something, check if the VUK triggers when you push another switch in the matrix. If, for example, the VUK triggers when you trigger one of the slingshots. Things are never completely random

Reset problem solved still trying to find bad diode or switch

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
$ 12.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Midlothian, VA
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/id4-keeps-resetting and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.