You

Linked Games

• Galaxy Stern Electronics, 1980
  • Meteor Stern Electronics, 1979

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

71C59CB0-E48C-4C7D-B8C4-05774F818183_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
P1011592.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Wisconsinpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 12 years ago

Anybody recognize this cabinet? It is a Stern machine, but I do not remember seeing this art before. It is a really nice original cabinet, but the game in it is a Meteor. The Meteor guts were moved over into this cabinet at some point, so I am guessing this may have been a raw cabinet bought to replace the original one. The original Meteor cabinet looks like it burnned up, as there is smoke damage to some of the parts put into this cabinet, with no smoke damge anywhere on this cabinet.
I have searched IPDB and see nothing that matches. It is a standard size machine.
Thank you.
Paul
facebook / wisconsin pinball sales & service

P1011592.JPGP1011592.JPG

#8 12 years ago

I have been doing this along time and I had never seen this cabinet before. It is is for sure a Stern cabinet. I am beginning to think it may be a sample type cabinet that was sold to an operator as just an empty cabinet. Looking closer at it, I think the original Meteor was involved in a fire that damaged the cabinet, and this one was obtained to rebuild it. With all the work it took I would say the game must have been fairly new. The playfield is near mint on this thing, and every thing was moved over from the old game. So maybe this is a game they never really made...?

That is my thinking on it at the moment.
Paul
facebook / wisconsin pinball-sales & service

#11 12 years ago

I have not seen any numbers on it at all. Where did Stern stamp them on the early ss machines? I looked it over pretty good and saw nothing.
Paul

#13 12 years ago

Looked it over real good, no numbers stamped anywhere on it.
Paul

#15 12 years ago

I think I will pass on the stencil idea, but someone can certainly own this cabinet! It is some of the finest stencil work I have seen on a pinball... but do they have Banshees in outer space?
Paul

#21 12 years ago

I think you guys found it! I had looked at Galaxy, but only the cabinet pic and quickly moved on. That is definetly the same lady on the back glass. And it makes sense that this was an odd cabinet sold to replace the burnt one. Now I have to decide if I should fix the game or not. If I do part it, I will try to find someone with a Galaxy that would appreciate the cabinet.
Thanks again to everyone who was looking. It was fun to try to find it however.
Paul
facebook / wisconsin pinball - sales & service

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 44.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 69.00
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 3.00
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 169.00
$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Boards
Troxel Repair

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jeffersonville, IN
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Wisconsinpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/id-this-cabinet?tu=Wisconsinpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.