Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by accidental
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Would this be a theme you are interested in?”

• yes 34 votes
      62%
    • no 11 votes
      20%
    • maybe 8 votes
      15%
    • I'd rather get shredded! 2 votes
      4%

(55 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Untitled-1.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

Welcome to Rapture. I think this would be an awesome theme with plenty of things to do. With the Big Daddy's protecting the little girls. You getting to the elixir booth and pumping yourself up with supper powers. At least this would be something drastically different from everything else. Sign me up for a big daddy LE.

Untitled-1.jpgUntitled-1.jpg

#3 10 years ago

Yeah I'd put my monies towards that.

#4 10 years ago

I would as well, since I LOVE the bioshock series. But I would say the theme is a tad old at this point. Infinite has some DLC that takes place in rapture, but I recall the company saying there will not be anymore stand alone games that take place there.

Personally.....I would LOVE to theme a game room that looked like it was in rapture.

#5 10 years ago

That's pretty awesome! If only I'd known it was so easy to make your own pinball machine ...

#6 10 years ago

I would be into a Bioshock pin. That game had such a cool look and feel to it.

#7 10 years ago

love bioshock. It would have a cool look(rapture) and colors change as you gain/use abilities. I'm also a fan of serious sam, but bioshock would be the way to go.

#8 10 years ago

If it were done right it could really be an amazing pin.
    There are soo many possibilities and options.
    The world definitely has a unique and special feel to it.
    If it were really done up, the pin could be special also.

5 months later
    #9 9 years ago

turned out pretty awesome, whoever this guy is, compliments!

#10 9 years ago

oooh anything steampunk could be really cool in pinball

#11 9 years ago

Would you kindly shoot again?

#12 9 years ago

Man there are so many video game titles that would make great pinball and considering that its bigger than the movie industry we should see a lot more of them. Darksiders would be a dream theme for me or Castlevania, how about a Batman pin based on the latest games.

#13 9 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

considering that its bigger than the movie industry we should see a lot more of them

It's bigger than the movie industry in terms of sales revenue, simply because the cost to buy a video game is many times the cost of seeing a movie. In terms of the number of consumers the movie industry far far outweighs the gaming industry.

For example Avengers sold 78 million box office tickets. Compared to BioShock's 4 million copies sold.

So it makes sense why we haven't seen Stern do a video game license yet. The most important factor for Stern has to be the popularity of the license. It is almost not important how good it would be for a pinball theme (you just need to look at past Stern licenses for evidence of that!).

All this is beside the point though. I agree a video game license would be AWESOME for a pinball.

As a thought experiment though, what games are the most popular that would suit a pinball theme?

Here's a list of the best selling video game franchises (I think franchises is a better metric than single games for the same reason Star Trek, The Lord of the Rings and Hobbit are good IP choices).

Mario + Super Mario: 707 million
    Pokemon: 260 million
    Grand Theft Auto: 185 million
    The Sims: 175 million
    Need for Speed: 150 million
    Sonic the Hedgehog: 140 million
    Tetris: 140 million
    Call of Duty: 120 million
    Final Fantasy: 110 million
    Mario Kart: 100 million
    FIFA: 100 million

We've already seen a couple of Mario games, for good reason it seems!

GTA would be pretty awesome for a pinball and could really lend itself to some new ideas.

Sonic seems like it was destined to be a pinball license. Loops, collecting (and losing) rings, boss fights, sidekicks, and simply the fact that the ball can actually be a logical stand-in for Sonic himself (how cool would coloured/printed balls featuring all the characters).

Not so sure about CoD — further genericizing an already generic game doesn't appeal to me but the license would be appealing that's for sure.

Need for Speed could be brilliant. We've had plenty of driving/racing themed games already though. Same with Mario Kart.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/id-like-a-bioshock-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.