• Latest reply 2 years ago by Cylon02
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210322_143039 (resized).jpg
20210322_143326 (resized).jpg
20210322_143052 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Flipperfun.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

I am looking at an ICE Turbo Drive that a local operator has in the warehouse and would like to know if anyone has ever had one if these? If so are they hard to maintain with redirect to parts that might be unobtainable, boards, etc. Also what would be a fair price on the buy side; it looks to be pretty good with respect to cosmetics but will not start up, not goes into a test mode.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

First thing to consider is ..... ICE has this game as EOL so there is absolutely no support or parts from ICE available. With only 240 of these made, most went to Europe, parts are going to be scarce. Also, if you have a chip that needs replaced you're basically going to have to track another owner down and ask him to burn you one!
I probably looked at the one you're looking at for 1800$? The guy said "OB reasonable O" but it was a crap shot as there was issues with the machine (car not staying on track and not being able to control the speed). Who knows could be a simple fix but could also wind up with a $1500+ conversation piece!

No, that on you saw on CL looks to be in way worse condition and looks to be in Pittsburgh. The one I am looking at is out between Carlisle and Harrisburg and is actually very nice & clean cosmetically. So I think if I can get it say $1000-$1250 I may take a chance.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

I owned one. (Actually owned, all at one time, one each of all three dome games that ICE produced: Chexx, Kixx, and Turbo Drive).
Playwise....it’s pretty darn cool! Very fast and takes a while to get used to it. I’ve seen guys put other slot car racing cars on it, and they work. So that’s fun to modify.
The rest....It is HUGE and you won’t realize how big it really is until you setup at your house.
Parts will not be found for it. So know that going in. If it’s not working, assume you are buying a paperweight. You might be able to troubleshoot it if you are very good with electronics. But I’ve never seen schematics for it. Fortunately, mine worked. I paid $1600 for it, and lost money when I sold it.
It holds a special place on my “what the heck was I thinking” list. My two favorite days of owning it were the day it arrived and the day it left. Just because it is rare doesn’t make it valuable. Don’t let the seller get you to overpay. Caveat Empor!

Since you owned one, can you tell me if you can remove the top dome off of the base just like you can do with a Chexx Hockey which makes it much easier to move and transport.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Flipperfun.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ice-turbo-drive-info-value-help?tu=Flipperfun and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.