(Topic ID: 159519)

Ice Show Score Motor Spinning

By 1974DeltaQueen

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

I picked up an Ice Show on the way to Allentown, plug it in and the score motor continues to run. Backbox lights and playfield lights come on. My guess is a relay is not gapped correctly or a motor swictch is not telling a relay to fire to complete the startup sequence. I have the schematic but my problem is that the labels for the relay bank are missing on the bottom board inside the cabinet. I did put the ball in the outhole and send a ball up to the playfield with the lift, didn't make a difference. Does anyone have a good pic of the inside of the cabinet of Ice Show so I can relabel all the relays. Also any tips of what switches to pinpoint would also be greatly appreciated. All score reels are at zero. This startup sequence is different for me because there is no ball kicker in the outhole, have not had startup issues with my pre 1967 games up to this point. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

#2 7 years ago

Did the relay banks reset during your start-up? I'd check the "0" position switch on each score reel by shorting with a screwdriver to see if the reset continues to completion. You shouldn't even have to remove the reel from it's housing to do so. Shorting a 0-position switch that isn't making, (but should be), on a replay game completes the circuit to trip the reset-completed relay which stops the motor. I don't know if Ice Show even has this relay or if it's on the bank.

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from Boatcat:

Did the relay banks reset during your start-up? I'd check the "0" position switch on each score reel by shorting with a screwdriver to see if the reset continues to completion. You shouldn't even have to remove the reel from it's housing to do so. Shorting a 0-position switch that isn't making, (but should be), on a replay game completes the circuit to trip the reset-completed relay which stops the motor. I don't know if Ice Show even has this relay or if it's on the bank.

Boatcat,

Ice Show is an AAB, not a replay game. I'm not sure if that matters. I will make the switches on the zero postion switches to see if that stops the motor. Thanks for the advice.

DQ74

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

Ice Show is an AAB, not a replay game.

Yeah, I know.............That's why I don't know if Ice Show even has this relay, or if the reset sequence is the same between this and Ice Revue. Just thought I'd give you a starting place. Did both banks reset?

#5 7 years ago

both banks did not reset, I have numbers lit, but not all of them. However, never rule out that bulbs could be out. Ill get into this game on Thursday, my mom is going in for surgery, taking a break from pinball for 36 hours.

#6 7 years ago

Hope your mother is OK!

#7 7 years ago

Hi Deltaqueen
My Ice REVUE (Replay-Game) has from "near the player" towards Backbox:

T Tilt-Relay
S Start-Relay
X Game Over Relay
H Thousand Relay
5B #5 Top Rollover Relay
4B #4 Top Rollover Relay
3B #3 Top Rollover Relay
Sequence Switches (No Coil)
2B #2Top Rollover Relay
1B #1 Top Rollover Relay

Greetings Rolf

#8 7 years ago

Thanks Rolf

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ice-show-score-motor-spinning and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.