(Topic ID: 333627)

Ice Revue will not power up was working!

By DGlovespinball

1 year ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DE51B801-3AA9-4D81-BF2A-67073E085DE0 (resized).jpeg
    8FD83D1D-2413-4760-93CA-F51F97AB34BF (resized).jpeg
    8B429F5D-D81E-4852-AABF-2FC4772ECB84 (resized).jpeg
    D654DFBC-8FB3-4C2C-9F45-936AE4ED3FC7 (resized).jpeg
    #1 1 year ago

Hello. New to pinside. Trying to learn the ropes and find the info that is already on the site. I bought a Craig's list ICE-Revue near Chicago and it was working for 2-3 weeks.
    Old plug also seller added a power switch under the right side.

I'm just starting to read the books on repair and love the EM games.

Would love some trouble shooting help for a machine that was working. Let plug left in wall for 3 weeks. Now no power entering machine.
    Not making any noises. Just a dead machine.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
    David!

D654DFBC-8FB3-4C2C-9F45-936AE4ED3FC7 (resized).jpegD654DFBC-8FB3-4C2C-9F45-936AE4ED3FC7 (resized).jpeg8B429F5D-D81E-4852-AABF-2FC4772ECB84 (resized).jpeg8B429F5D-D81E-4852-AABF-2FC4772ECB84 (resized).jpeg8FD83D1D-2413-4760-93CA-F51F97AB34BF (resized).jpeg8FD83D1D-2413-4760-93CA-F51F97AB34BF (resized).jpegDE51B801-3AA9-4D81-BF2A-67073E085DE0 (resized).jpegDE51B801-3AA9-4D81-BF2A-67073E085DE0 (resized).jpeg
    #2 1 year ago

Was it set on freeplay? Are there credits showing on the wheel? Fuses good?
    Give the score motor a nudge by hand, will it run a third of a revolution?

#3 1 year ago

Was not set in free play
    Added 15 credits it was zero
    Will check fuses
    Score motor does not move a meaningful amount

#4 1 year ago

Wow. Added credits worked. I am an

include novice pinball insults here.

Thanks for the simple solution

#5 1 year ago

Now go here and see how easy it is to make it free play so you don't have to worry aout adding credits. And tons of other valuable repair information is there for the pinball novice (and expert) Good luck.

http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index3.htm#free

#6 1 year ago

Thank you for your time!!!

I am really enjoying getting to know this hobby!

#7 1 year ago

Glad you got it running. I'm restoring an Ice Revue right now.

Replace that power cord ASAP.

1 week later
    #8 1 year ago

I would buy an extension cord whatever length you want, buy a medium grade one not a cheap one, there will be more copper in a better cord. Clip off the end inside you will see where the old cord comes into the body. You can usually reach into the main box and retrieve the old cord. They are usually in pretty good condition being inside. Clip it off and pull out the old cord, push the extension cord into the hole and push it into the main body. You don't have to remove the back box. I solder the connection to the old cord leading into the transformer and put wire vices on them or taping up in some way. This will give you a modern longer cord and you can throw that old cord away. When checking those fuses be sure to use a slow blow fuse where called for. The game will run better if it is played often. The DG switches on Gottliebs are self cleaning and if something stops working just play it a few games and it will usually start working again. A lot of collectors will clip the wires off the hold relay and just wedge a piece of cardboard to hold the switch in the on position. Sometimes the hold relay coils will look fried and make noise. The old timers were afraid of fire and neutering the hold replay was considered a good prevention move.

#9 1 year ago
    Quoted from EMsInKC:

Replace that power cord ASAP.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacing-line-cords-plugs-wall-sockets-vids-guide

Your Ice-Revue does not have a modern power cord with a ground. You should fix that and run some ground braid.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ice-revue-will-not-power-up-was-working?hl=flipsteen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.