Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by MikeO
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikeo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 4 years ago

I have found that increasing pressure gently pulling the head relay board will release it from the glass. Obviously you have to be comfortable with the pressure you are applying without breaking anything. I have always been able to get them separated with this method.

Another approach is to take dental floss and loop it between the relay board and the glass and slowly cut through the foam padding.

Lastly, Ron's glasses are excellent if it comes to it. Ice Revue is one of the best 60's nickel plated post games.

1 week later
    #13 4 years ago
    Quoted from The-Who:

The “gentle pressure “ approach worked.
    See my adventure in post #11 above.
    Thanks for your help,
    Denny

You are very welcome, Denny. I'm glad it worked out for you.

For what it's worth, I have found a product I am using now to replace the foam padding that the factory originally used. I was able to get it from my local Woodcraft store. I'm finding it is working pretty well after applying it to three different games. It does require removal of all of the leftover deteriorated padding and adhesive backing from the original pads that might reside on head relay board. Obviously, be careful removing any of the residue that remains on your backglass.
    https://www.woodcraft.com/products/felt-tape-brown-3-4-x-25

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikeo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ice-revue-back-glass-issue?tu=mikeo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.