(Topic ID: 286291)

Ice Revue - 5 point delay relay stuck

By insight75

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

Hi guys,

I have spent a good 5-6 hours trying to figure this one out. Tried really hard to do this on my own with the schematic but I'm really stuck. I noticed the front rollovers were not registering anything (these register 5 points or 50 when lit by number targets).....then I notice the 5 Point delay Relay is stuck on (which also activates the 5 point relay). I assumed it was one of the 4 front rollover switches. I checked them multiple times and there are no issues with the contacts. I even went through each switch with an ohm meter to make sure it wasn't stuck on. However, if I pull open the "opens rollovers" switch at the ball gate, this relaxes the 5 point delay relay and then the 5 point relay. I'm having a hard time figuring out just what the purpose of that switch is and where it actually ties in too although perhaps it doesn't matter. I don't see it in the schematic. Anyway, if its not the switches, then what else could it be? Closing the "opens rollovers" will quickly register 5 points so it seems the culprit has got to be right in front of me.

Any thoughts on what I should do next would be appreciated. I did duplicate the issue on my Kings & Queens by holding a rollover switch and it acted exactly the same way.

Thanks,
    Greg

#2 3 years ago

Good news. I found the issue. On top of one of the 5 point relays (forget which one) 2 of the soldered wires on top were touching. After ensuring none were making contact all is now right in the world. Its usually always something so simple....that takes the most time to figure out.

#3 3 years ago

wow, good news. that is a really tough one to figure out!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ice-revue-5-point-hold-relay-stuck and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.