6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by ibis
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

Very new to EM's, enjoying learning about them and look forward to having more in my collection!

Bough this Ice Revue, tore it down, cleaned it up, mechanics all redone, and cleaned the score reals and contacts, etc. Everything seems to be working great but I found an issue: if I activate a score that gives one point, the 1's reel will continue counting up and go to nine, but does not add the 1 on the ten's reel if 10 points are scored. If I activate a switch that gives a 10 point score(lit pops are 10 points), the ten reel does activate. So in short the tens reel does work, but not when ten single points are awarded. If someone can help guide me to where to look first, Id appreciate it and will report back no later than tomorrow afternoon. Thanks!

#2 6 years ago

On your ones reel there is a specific switch that only closes when on 9. That is likely midadjusted or needs the contacts cleaned.

#3 6 years ago

Ok, awesome! I will take a look and report back as soon as I can. Thanks for the heads up!

#4 6 years ago

Ok, took apart the 1's reel a little and worked the mech. Noticed a few gears that turn, activating switches. One switch read as 'reset switch' and the other two(one normally open) appeared to be activated as the gear turned, closing one switch as it hit 'ten'. I cleaned all the contacts in all three switches as all were very dirty from constant scoring. Fired it up, and it worked perfect!

Thanks for the information as now I know that the turning of the ten reel by scoring 10 individual points is activated by these switches in the one's score reel! Learned something new!! Thanks! (i'm sure ill be back lol!)

#5 6 years ago

I recently picked up an ice revue as well and I think I have it all working now except a problem still is coming up. When I hit all 6 targets and the special lights up towards the middle of the playfield, the scoring gets all wonky. Sometimes the kickout holes give me 50 points, sometimes 60, sometimes 70, sometimes 100 and sometimes 200. Also sometimes it scores a replay. It also sometimes kicks the ball out without any score at all. But it never seems to give the correct value for what is lit. It's really weird. I've checked all switches, jones plugs, relays, but it keeps doing it. The player unit in the back box also seems to be lined up normally.
    I assume this would be easy if I had the schematic but it hasn't arrived yet... any ideas anyone?

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from Briehl:

I recently picked up an ice revue as well and I think I have it all working now except a problem still is coming up. When I hit all 6 targets and the special lights up towards the middle of the playfield, the scoring gets all wonky. Sometimes the kickout holes give me 50 points, sometimes 60, sometimes 70, sometimes 100 and sometimes 200. Also sometimes it scores a replay. It also sometimes kicks the ball out without any score at all. But it never seems to give the correct value for what is lit. It's really weird. I've checked all switches, jones plugs, relays, but it keeps doing it. The player unit in the back box also seems to be lined up normally.
    I assume this would be easy if I had the schematic but it hasn't arrived yet... any ideas anyone?

Do you have a schematic? I wonder what path the bonus unit and the score relays in the head have in common. Maybe something stuck open or vibrating to cause it? Just a thought.

#7 6 years ago

No schematic yet.
    I haven't had a chance to clean up the 10s reel anymore, which I think would fix some of the wrong scores being displayed. But I noticed when I had the special for the lanes at the top as well as the 6 target special, the two popout holes do not register any score at all. It doesn't pulse a score relay or anything. It's like when the lane special is activated it it cancels all scoring from the popout holes. Very strange.

1 month later
    #8 6 years ago

I just realized I have the same issue, kind of. The kick out holes register a score, just not what is lit; 100, 200, or special. It is always the standard 50 points. I seem to have a ground short somewhere as the middle bulbs now don't lite and I have continuity between the switch stacks for those lights when there shouldn't be any.

I have a schematic for Ice Revue. If someone can tell me how to get such a large item scanned to share, Id be happy to do so and maybe we all can help each other track down our gremlins!?!?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ice-revue-10s-not-scoring and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.