• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20160919_134725 (resized).jpg
20160919_134731 (resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

My game is missing a solenoid and kicker on the lower left part of the game. It kicks the ball back into play after entering the tunnels. Does anyone have the used parts I need or are new parts available? ICE said they do not have any parts.

Could someone post a pic of this area so I can see what exactly is missing?

Does anyone have a manual for sale?

thanks folks!

20160919_134731 (resized).jpg20160919_134731 (resized).jpg
20160919_134725 (resized).jpg20160919_134725 (resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

Email ICE directly. They are pretty responsive and should be able to help ya out

#3 7 years ago

I did but they said they have "no parts for this game because it's 22 years old". They couldn't even supply a PDF owners manual online.

I asked what the life expectancy is for their new games before they stop supplying parts and support... they said 7 years! So, you buy an expensive new game from them today and in 8 years you will not be able to buy replacement parts or get technical help from them. That's sad. ICE SUCKS.

Hopefully, I can find a parts donor or someone with a parts game.

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

I did but they said they have "no parts for this game because it's 22 years old". They couldn't even supply a PDF owners manual online.
I asked what the life expectancy is for their new games before they stop supplying parts and support... they said 7 years! So, you buy an expensive new game from them today and in 8 years you will not be able to buy replacement parts or get technical help from them. That's sad. ICE SUCKS.
Hopefully, I can find a parts donor or someone with a parts game.

7 years is an eternity for a game in the wild. They don't sell games for the home, they are meant to be routed. ICE doesn't suck based on what you said alone. Kinda lame of you to even say that since you can't get your part for some junked game you bought you hate them. Be praising them if they are still in the business in 7 years

#5 7 years ago

I'm just glad for all pinheads that ICE only made 1 pinball game. Anyone that doesn't stand behind their products for more than 7 years, sucks in my opinion. What are you supposed to do with an 8 year old ICE game... toss it in the landfill because they don't stock even the most basic parts anymore?

7 years is nothing in the life of a m-o-s-t pinball games. A 7 year old game certainly shouldn't be obsolete and ready for the landfill because a few crucial parts can't be bought.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

Anyone that doesn't stand behind their products for more than 7 years, sucks in my opinion.

Like Williams. 13% over run of game specific parts and when they were gone, that was it.

Quoted from d0n:

7 years is nothing in the life of a m-o-s-t pinball games.

Not what they were made for. Run them for three or fours years, junk, and buy a new one.

That these machines live longer is thanks to collectors who have learned to maintain them beyond their lifespan and make parts available.

LTG : )

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

I'm just glad for all pinheads that ICE only made 1 pinball game. Anyone that doesn't stand behind their products for more than 7 years, sucks in my opinion. What are you supposed to do with an 8 year old ICE game... toss it in the landfill because they don't stock even the most basic parts anymore?
7 years is nothing in the life of a m-o-s-t pinball games. A 7 year old game certainly shouldn't be obsolete and ready for the landfill because a few crucial parts can't be bought.

Contact Williams for your pinball parts then lol.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

I did but they said they have "no parts for this game because it's 22 years old".

I'm not sure you talked to the right person, I'd give them another call to verify or send them another email. They had a bunch of parts less than 5 years ago (and the game is from 1994). I mean pretty much everything, including a brand new all in one circuit board and the giant flippers.

I can't see any possible way they sold out of all those parts considering this is a low production game. I'm pretty sure they made the flippers to order at their factory, so I guess it's possible they just stopped making those but they had a bunch of other things available.

#9 7 years ago

I spoke with David M. Bartel... the service manager at ice. He said...

"Many technologies that we use become obsolete and are out of our control when this occurs. This makes supporting games older than 10 years a challenge. To this day we still support our very first game we ever manufactured. No other manufacture in this industry can compare to the level of support we provide our customers. In the case of Flintstone pinball there has not been any demand for parts. Metal brackets, custom plastics, and alike would not be not practical to have manufactured in single lot quantities. Therefore parts are not available."

I wasn't asking for metal brackets or custom plastics. Just a coil and kicker mechanism and a manual. It's probably a case of it being easier to just say they don't have parts instead of going to the storage area to look. I can't imagine there's absolutely no parts for flintstones in their possession.

I don't know how they support the very 1st game they ever made if they aren't even supporting Flintstones?

#10 7 years ago

Maybe try again once winter sets in. Coin op is usually a busy sector in the summer. They might be more willing to put forth some additional effort during a quiet time of the year.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

I spoke with David M. Bartel... the service manager at ice. He said...
"Many technologies that we use become obsolete and are out of our control when this occurs. This makes supporting games older than 10 years a challenge. To this day we still support our very first game we ever manufactured. No other manufacture in this industry can compare to the level of support we provide our customers. In the case of Flintstone pinball there has not been any demand for parts. Metal brackets, custom plastics, and alike would not be not practical to have manufactured in single lot quantities. Therefore parts are not available."
I wasn't asking for metal brackets or custom plastics. Just a coil and kicker mechanism and a manual. It's probably a case of it being easier to just say they don't have parts instead of going to the storage area to look. I can't imagine there's absolutely no parts for flintstones in their possession.
I don't know how they support the very 1st game they ever made if they aren't even supporting Flintstones?

Because they still make chexx bubble hockey and its incredibly popular....

Your flintstones redemption(not really a true pinball) obviously wasn't popular and no reason to keep parts around for a non-popular redemption device. Those phase out and lose earnings and ops move on.

You want a coil and kicker mechanism for a game no longer made and not popular. Not "just a coil and kicker" mechanism. It's a little odd you feel so entitled to these parts and confused why ICE won't go spend hours to go find them on the off chance they may have it. Then you insult the company. Chill out dude. You'll probably also want the part for $5

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

Because they still make chexx bubble hockey and its incredibly popular....
Your flintstones redemption(not really a true pinball) obviously wasn't popular and no reason to keep parts around for a non-popular redemption device. Those phase out and lose earnings and ops move on.
You want a coil and kicker mechanism for a game no longer made and not popular. Not "just a coil and kicker" mechanism. It's a little odd you feel so entitled to these parts and confused why ICE won't go spend hours to go find them on the off chance they may have it. Then you insult the company. Chill out dude. You'll probably also want the part for $5

You sir are a complete douche. Go sh*t on some other thread. I'm trying to fix my game here. You're douchiness is not helping.

#13 7 years ago

I know David well..as well as a few others at ICE. My company does a lot of work for them. I was just about to fire off txt...then I came back check on this thread.

No chance in hell of that happening now...you're on your own

#14 7 years ago

Try Suzo-Happ.

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

You sir are a complete douche. Go sh*t on some other thread. I'm trying to fix my game here. You're douchiness is not helping.

That's fine, try doing it in a less entitled manner and stop insulting the company who doesn't carry the part from 20 years ago. Sheesh!

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

I know David well..as well as a few others at ICE. My company does a lot of work for them. I was just about to fire off txt...then I came back check on this thread.
No chance in hell of that happening now...you're on your own

I've been on my own. No worries. I didn't expect I'd need someone behind the scenes to get ICE off their a$$es to look for parts for a game they produced.

At least I have an expensive paperweight now. Thanks ICE. You guys are awesome.

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

I've been on my own. No worries. I didn't expect I'd need someone behind the scenes to get ICE off their a$$es to look for parts for a game they produced.
At least I have an expensive paperweight now. Thanks ICE. You guys are awesome.

There you go again being an entitled ass. Dude, you can't expect parts for a 20yr old crappy redemption game that wasnt popular at all. The fact you blame ice for you buying a better game is laughable.

#18 7 years ago

Most people are happy to help when asked nicely.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

5,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ice-flintstones-owners-need-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.