20230318_004753 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
FB_IMG_1678733271477 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1678733267949 (resized).jpg
Ice Cold Beer (resized).png
There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 1 year ago

I received an email from Shaffer Distributing regarding the new Ice Cold Beer machine to be remade and sold.

Ice Cold Beer (resized).pngIce Cold Beer (resized).png
#2 1 year ago

Women with big gozangas in halter tops love Ice Cold Beer!

#3 1 year ago

Ah -- found the maker:https://retroarcaderemake.com/ice-cold-beer/

Zeke's Peak coming.

#4 1 year ago

Played an ICB for the first time not too long ago. Pretty rad, probably as close as I’d want to get as a stand up arcade for my basement, but man thats a lot of cash for a carnival game.

#5 1 year ago

Looks like a real re-make of the Taito, Not like the ICE version. I wonder what the insides/electronics look like. It does indicate upgraded screw drives and electronics. Those original belt drives were ALWAYS slipping. I usually had to tension them like a banjo to keep from slipping. And people would still complain sometimes.

Fun, novel machine. I agree, hard to justify this price though for a novelty game. It mentions future upgrade. The game is kinda simple, I wonder what they are thinking as far as upgrade. I see the tournament play. I assume possibly other software options/play options. This would be one quick tournament if this is the only game, compared to a pinball. I think a typical 3 ball game on this is like 60 seconds? Possibly people are a lot better than me. I can't see a 3 minute game.

20 years ago I would buy/sell these for $200-$500. Man, have times changed.

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from athens95:

Looks like a real re-make of the Taito, Not like the ICE version. I wonder what the insides/electronics look like. It does indicate upgraded screw drives and electronics. Those original belt drives were ALWAYS slipping. I usually had to tension them like a banjo to keep from slipping. And people would still complain sometimes.
Fun, novel machine. I agree, hard to justify this price though for a novelty game. It mentions future upgrade. The game is kinda simple, I wonder what they are thinking as far as upgrade. I see the tournament play. I assume possibly other software options/play options. This would be one quick tournament if this is the only game, compared to a pinball. I think a typical 3 ball game on this is like 60 seconds? Possibly people are a lot better than me. I can't see a 3 minute game.
20 years ago I would buy/sell these for $200-$500. Man, have times changed.

ICE version kicks the shit out of Taito. The ICE version is actually kind of hard with 12 holes. I have never seen anyone get all 12, but seen tons of folks beat Taito.

#7 1 year ago

Check other threads about this game that have been started over the past year, and shop around.
.................David Marston

2 weeks later
#8 1 year ago

saw this post https://arcadeblogger.com/2023/02/04/eag-trade-show-january-2023/

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
3 weeks later
#9 1 year ago

First sign of trouble? Games were supposed to ship Feb 20, now they're saying they're still waiting on chips from overseas. Why would they toss out a ship date that was only a few weeks out if they hadn't even gotten the parts to build the games yet?

#10 1 year ago
Quoted from Code_Blue:

First sign of trouble? Games were supposed to ship Feb 20, now they're saying they're still waiting on chips from overseas. Why would they toss out a ship date that was only a few weeks out if they hadn't even gotten the parts to build the games yet?

They're assessing the market and deciding how much they can rape you for it. Hold strong.

#11 1 year ago

Baytek, a very reputable company is doing the builds on these. We have one on order.

1 week later
#12 1 year ago

I just saw this. I hope to maybe get one to Iceland and soon

#13 1 year ago

I played the new Ice Cold beer at the Louisville show. Played just like the original. Looks almost identical to me except for the coin door. I’m thinking about getting one for route

#14 1 year ago

We saw a guy at the Louisville show who could play 4 rounds of this game everytime. After a couple extra balls, the 4th round the controls start to wobble like you are drunk. Once you have figured the pattern out like he did, and do it over and over again it gets boring real quick.

#15 1 year ago
Quoted from Coz:

I’m thinking about getting one for route

It will do great on route. There’s one at a barcade close to me and people are always on it.

#16 1 year ago

ICB & PP are always fun games to play. If I had the room, I'd have one.

That said, it would be great if the new version had an interchangeable game board design, so any new game they came out with is just a matter of buying that new playfield (complete with a small, single plug in logic board on the back of the playfield that runs the game), taking the old game playfield out and swapping in the new one.

Be it PP, that beautiful Hole in 1 golf game Cait001 posted up, or any other theme they came out with, you just swap out the playfield, plug into the new logic board for that game (installed on the backside of every playfield) and you're now playing a completely new game. It'd be a great way to give it endless lastability. Mho anyway.

#17 1 year ago

Agreed, I want to know how hard it'll be to swap a playfield.
I'm sure someone on pinside will figure it out. If it has he same number of holes, just redirect he wires, no?

#18 1 year ago

You can have any number of holes and obstacles on the playfield. That shouldn't matter. And the wires by default should run along the bottom of the machine, come up the side and then hook into the controls and then the 1 connection for the playfield logic board. They shouldn't really be in the way.

For playfield swap outs...

It'd be nice if you could just open the front of the machine like a door, you don't even have to remove the glass. It just swings open. Then, unclip the wire to the playfield logic board, release a few metal locking tabs that hold the playfield in place and then pull the playfield straight out. Insert the new one, lock it in place, attach the plug to the logic board, shut the door and off you go.

Think of it like a much easier and simpler verison of a Pin 2K game (RFM & SWEP1).

#19 1 year ago

I have one on order, can't wait. I met the owner at IAAPA Orlando last November and looked over the game. They did an incredible Job and should be much more reliable with the screw drive system. If anyone is looking for an original ICb or Zeeks Peak let me know. I'd be interested in trades for a pinball,plus or minus cash depending on the trade offer.

FB_IMG_1678733267949 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1678733267949 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1678733271477 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1678733271477 (resized).jpg
#20 1 year ago

Evidently there was a delay on getting some software chips and it pushed the launch back a bit. Should be soon!

#21 1 year ago

Here is another ICB clone called Strike 'n' Spares, with a voucher printer to give out an award if you beat it.
Website is in UK so I assume this was not made in NA.
https://maxxgrab.com/products/used-strike-n-spares-skill-game-good-condition

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#22 1 year ago

If anyone is interested in one, please reach out. We are a dealer and we will also soon have one in our showroom.

#23 1 year ago
Quoted from cait001:

called Strike 'n' Spares

You will start to see various versions of ICB for locations and commercial sponsorships. From golf, bowling, commercial beer versions, etc.

Looking forward to the extra features for the new ICB/Zekes including competitive modes that should be really entertaining(especially with two machines).

#24 1 year ago

My VP version which scratches my itch for 5.5k less.

20230318_004753 (resized).jpg20230318_004753 (resized).jpg
#25 1 year ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

My VP version which scratches my itch for 5.5k less

Um yea no-not even close and a disgrace to the original. VP works for pinball but not ICB-the buttons instead of controllers? Do yourself a favor and buy the new ICB/Zeke's with new software and full plywood cabinet.

Also recommend shopping around-$5500 is not even close

#26 1 year ago

I'd like to have a Zeke's Peak. I played the new ICB in Orlando and they play super smooth. There is not a lot to these things inside compared to a pinball machine. I remember back in the day they were $500 in nice shape, but they have all made it into collections at this point and the used prices are stupid. I suppose $5500 is not a bad price for a new one considering nice used ones seem to be going for that. Based on BOM alone it should be way cheaper, but a lot went into re-engineering the entire game mechs and electronics. They did it the right way without taking money up front. There is significant risk there and I hope they sell a ton of these to make the investment pay off. I just hope they hold the line on prices when ZP is released. I'm on the fence now and any more $$ and I'm out.

I watched a few people at the show who had mastered the game. They could basically play all the way through to the end every time. I don't think I have the coordination to ever do that; I literally suck at this game! Still it would be nice to have new features and modes built into software updates. The game is basically a one trick pony at this point.

#27 1 year ago

Played ICB at the Louisville show, Troy at Tilt sells them. Looking at the inside of the game it is so much better than the original. Anyone who has had to work on one of the old ones will be happy. No more belts.. no more adjusting switches....this one looks way more solid to be on route. Check it out if you have an old ICB that acts up or you are tired of dealing with.

#28 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

The game is basically a one trick pony at this point.

It is a novelty game and some people can master it with memorizing moves. There are distributors selling below msrp so best to call around. Is it worth the coin? Well for the guys who have been there and done that with most pinball tables and are looking for something unique to add to their game-room ICB fits the bill. I want it for all of my gatherings and having my guest enjoy it. It will probably get old for me eventually-but I want it to see others play it and the smiles it will produce. Trying to fill my gameroom with unique fun games and have some variety. Plus it looks stunning

#29 1 year ago

Anyone know of a distributor that actually has these in stock to buy? I want one but everything looks like a preorder. I’m a little hesitant to pay a preorder since it’s a new company and I have no clue when I would actually get it.

#30 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

You will start to see various versions of ICB for locations and commercial sponsorships. From golf, bowling, commercial beer versions, etc.
Looking forward to the extra features for the new ICB/Zekes including competitive modes that should be really entertaining(especially with two machines).

This is what I’m waiting to learn more about before pulling the trigger. I want to buy one for my house, but I’m hoping they add more modes so it’s not as easy to master.

#31 1 year ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

I want one but everything looks like a preorder

There was a delay with launch and the ICB version will be coming soon and you should start to see fellow pinsiders getting them. If you are interested in Zeke's Peak that one is still months out after first production run. If you are not comfortable going in blind-wait and play one-they will be in a lot of barcades very soon.

2 weeks later
#32 1 year ago

Anyone have any news/updates on this? I sort of want one.

1 week later
#33 1 year ago

I can’t wait to play one !

1 week later
#35 1 year ago

So many games like ICB and pinball began as traditional wooden games in the 19th century or earlier.
Obviously the roots of these games is.much deeper in places in Europe, but you occasionally see them on the North America side.

Any ICB fan won't be able to resist the temptation to play a rope pull game like that if they ever encountered one at a park or fair.

#36 1 year ago

Which are you considering buying and why?
MC Global in first picture and Retro Arcade in second.

#37 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Which are you considering buying and why?
MC Global in first picture and Retro Arcade in second.[quoted image][quoted image]

tbh if I'm going to pay $5k+ for a new ICB I'm buying the one that is easiest to swap playfields on. I love the idea of varied courses

#38 1 year ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

My VP version which scratches my itch for 5.5k less.
[quoted image]

Looks nice. To be fair though the Ultra VP cost close to $10k shipped lol. I know as I bought one last year and recently sold it. Great virtual pinball machine but still didn't come close to a real pin IMO.

#39 1 year ago

I wouldn't place too much hope in the MC Global version. Pretty pictures and unfortunately very little substance.

#40 1 year ago

As best I can see, the MC Global one only varies the artwork, but the hole layout is the same for each art variant. Can someone confirm?
.................David Marston

1 week later
#41 1 year ago

So.... This appears to have been delayed to end of year?

#42 1 year ago

Oh really, that's a shame. Where was this announced?

#43 1 year ago

Not that I've seen... But it was supposed to be earlier this year, and then I saw on one of the distys websites to expect later in 2023 or maybe it said end of 2023...I was more asking if anyone else knew for sure.

Quoted from Pinballer73:

Oh really, that's a shame. Where was this announced?

#44 1 year ago

These delays are killing me...

#45 1 year ago

Are there any kinds of updates? It looks like the site and social media accounts haven’t had anything in months.

1 week later
#46 12 months ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

Are there any kinds of updates?

They are in full production currently with units shipping out in the next few weeks. Second production run now slated for July with Zekes Peaks being produced. 700 ICB and 300 Zekes will be built for the run. They are about 3 months behind schedule due to the US/China PCB board assembly company in China not having components & getting stuck in customs for three months. They ended up switching suppliers and it should speed up the production schedule moving forward.

#47 12 months ago
Quoted from pinmister:

They are in full production currently with units shipping out in the next few weeks. Second production run now slated for July with Zekes Peaks being produced. 700 ICB and 300 Zekes will be built for the run. They are about 3 months behind schedule due to the US/China PCB board assembly company in China not having components & getting stuck in customs for three months. They ended up switching suppliers and it should speed up the production schedule moving forward.

Thanks for the update!!!

#48 12 months ago

Wow! I'm going to have to make a decision. Too many pinball machines right now to pull the trigger on this...

#49 12 months ago

Just got my ICB Remake this week. These games are packaged extremely well, and the build quality is superb. Small footprint, easy to move and great for adding something unique and different to the game room. I have always wanted one and am glad I waited. Settings and adjustments are all done on an app. You connect your game via bluetooth and can do all types of adjustments. Only Android version is out now with Apple app to follow in the next few days. I bought my game from Troy/Trent over at Tilt. Tilt is the best and will take care of you if you want one. https://www.tiltamusements.com/

Posted a few pictures. I have not seen many images posted of the internals of the machine. I can take more if people are interested.

ICB_Remake (1) (resized).jpegICB_Remake (1) (resized).jpegICB_Remake (2) (resized).jpegICB_Remake (2) (resized).jpegICB_Remake (3) (resized).jpegICB_Remake (3) (resized).jpegICB_Remake (4) (resized).jpegICB_Remake (4) (resized).jpegICB_Remake (5) (resized).jpegICB_Remake (5) (resized).jpeg
#50 12 months ago

Big missed opportunity to code the game so it changes which holes are lit. That would have made me sell my og and grab one of these.

There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ice-cold-beer-to-be-re-made and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.