3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 315 posts
  • 74 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by Coindork
  • Topic is favorited by 44 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 83 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

FB68BB2D-71EF-487D-8CED-8D5E2A0F0C0A (resized).jpeg
    07E8B200-C2F0-45A9-AA58-004A7556FA5F (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2031 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2030 (resized).jpg
    7A51A757-31FD-440F-9DD5-1277F96D98AB (resized).jpeg
    35f6718c2d40424528344944613c221fb487efb8 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3188 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3181 (resized).JPG
    87035412_10219138125377762_5033559808142213120_n (resized).jpg
    Capturedsf (resized).JPG
    7F564F3A-2483-433F-B5D0-572CC8EDBF03 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5320 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5319 (resized).jpg
    7149AAED-F4EC-4BB8-9F09-E939FEBB7045 (resized).jpeg
    A55522BD-CE7D-455D-AF69-35EF1BF572FE (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2952 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jcar302.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#83 1 year ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Would love to get one of these (any version). Are they so expensive just because they are popular?
    I may have to offer a trade for sometime in order to get one
    Some day, I will have one!!!
    Chris

It's a really hard game to buy or trade for because most people that own them know that if they give it up, the likelihood you could ever have another is slim. It would have been possible a few years ago when they were $400-$800, but now they sell in less than 15 minutes for $2500+.
    In NJ last week the I.C.E version which is less desirable sold for $2700.
    And in all honesty, I think money means less to most owners than the game itself.

Even if I was offered double in trade value, unless what I was getting was ultra rare and desirable, I wouldn't do it.
    About the only trade I would do is for a zeke's peak to go next to my zoo keeper.

#91 1 year ago

Rare doesn't always mean more valuable.
    I follow arcades more closely than pins and IMO zeke's peak is for sale the least.
    Then probably the ICE version.

With that said, I don't think any real collector willing to pay up for a machine would rather have the ICE version.
    Just like the real pin collectors that keep pins more than a couple months would rather have an original MM than the remake.

The extra holes do add a little bit to the ICE version, but not enough for most guys to choose it over an original. The ice model just looks all sorts of wrong compared to the original.

Over the years I've had shots at buying both the original and the ICE, never have I seen a zeke's local.
    I turned down and ICE version at $900 a few years back, in hindsight financially it was a mistake. But at the time real icb's were selling at $1500 and I would rather have had the taito.

I have nothing against the ice version, it's surely better than nothing, but I seriously doubt the arcade collecting crowd would prefer it over an original taito.

#96 1 year ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Off topic,but sine arcade guys seem to be in this thread. I have thought of getting a few of the arcades I used to play as a kid to add to my home collection.
    Where would I find paperboy, offroad 3 player, marble madness, and rampage? Maybe a four player gauntler dark legacy also, but as I understand it those loose all fun whne not on coin drop.
    How much should I expect to pay for each in nicer, good playing condition.

KLOV forums is always the first place to look for games, you can also make wanted ads. While you may randomly find them on craigs, but that's a needle in a haystack. Some also change hands through facebook groups, but I don't have facebook.
    Paperboy has been absurdly expensive lately for what it is, probably take about $2500 to buy a really nice one. The stupid handlebar control panel sells for like a grand itself. Rumor has it that people are remaking some of the parts (if not all), not sure if that's complete yet.
    Marble madness is another popular one, doesn't come up often, will likely cost you $1200-$1500 depending on condition.
    Offroad 3 player i'd say is going to be an $650-$850 game (depends on if it has the track pak). I think this one needs to come apart to go through a regular door. Last one I played was already in the guys house and I didn't ask.

#100 1 year ago
    Quoted from Hdmike444:

Cl in New York
    albany.craigslist.org link

Was posted to the arcade forum last night by a member there.
    Price and condition looks to be very good.
    Good chance it's sold already.

#106 1 year ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Nice pickup!
    Anyone have one of these to put next to ICB?

looks pretty cool

Someone had an entire lot of fire escapes on klov a few weeks back, if I remember correctly it was 10 of them and a pile of parts.
    I thought FE was going to be the next hot game on the list, but it appears the last few have been selling really slowly (or not at all) in the mid upper 1000's.
    I'd like to add one, just have to figure out what i'm willing to get rid of to get it.

7 months later
    #162 10 months ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

i dont know if this has been shared, but a 3D printed Ball Pivot Rod has shown up.
    ebay.com link[quoted image]

A guy on klov makes them. I bought a couple sets last year, not sure how often they break, but I didn't want to find out the hard way.

#168 10 months ago

If would be kinda cool if you could convert an ice cold beer to a zeke's peak.

2 months later
    #177 7 months ago
    Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Anyone ever notice a led digit is faint. Can this be fixed or do I need a new scoreboard?

I'd guess it could only be a connection problem or the led is failing.
    I had a couple out segments.
    I bought a new board on ebay, when installing I noticed contacts were very worn, which is what caused my original not to work properly.
    At $50 an led board on a machine that's worth $2500+ I'd say it's a no brainer to buy the board and try it. At least you would have a spare in case the guy stops making them and that wasn't the issue.

#181 7 months ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

ICB on Ebay now....

I don't see it, maybe it's gone already?

#189 7 months ago

Buy it Now appears to have been $4500 according to oldmans link to the ebay ad (click on link, then goto original listing).
    So we can probably assume the selling price was between $2850 and $4500 when it was ended early.

If the paint job on my car this winter gets too pricey, icb is second on the chopping block this winter.

#191 7 months ago

For 5 grand I'd at least expect some type of effort to take better pics and give a description.

#200 7 months ago

I've had serious offers of 3k from people picking up other games. Tempting, but i doubt it would be easy or cheap to find another one. I'm also not one of the people that got it really cheap. So a small profit isn't motivation to sell it.

1 week later
    #208 7 months ago

I've seen a few icb's and have one, i've never seen any with notable playfield wear.
    The glass and the display plastic, now that's a different story.

#210 6 months ago

I think the cabinet dimensions and drawings are available, might be a good project for someone with wood working skills. I've also seen people recently asking for the pcb on klov, this may be the only way they are getting one.

3 weeks later
    #231 6 months ago
    Quoted from KevinG:

I just picked up an ICB in rough shape that I want to restore. Does anyone have an extra repro Tilt/Score plastic that I could buy? Thanks!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taito-ice-cold-beer-tilt-game-over-panel-remake/page/2

I'd pm that guy.
    I think mine came from arcade shop when he made them.
    He may have some of the blems left. Can't hurt to check.
    Or to see if he does another run. I know they have come and gone from being for sale at least a couple times.
    I haven't been able to bring myself to install mine, i'd have to believe that it would just get scratched up again.

#242 5 months ago
    Quoted from jfrazie:

Anyone know where I can get a free play rom burned?

A few years back somebody was doing them on klov, but if I remember correctly there was flaws in the program that caused things like no attract mode.

If you have the gray coin door with the yellow plastic knockout cover, just put a yellow button in it.

2 months later
    #282 3 months ago
    Quoted from toasterman04:

Hey Guys, I am restoring one that fell off the back of a truck. I need to build a new cabinet and was wondering on your thoughts of product and style. I have never loved the wood grain look and am pondering using something different. what are peoples thoughts. would going away from an original look be a bad thing?

I think teekee a few posts back goes by Tony on klov. Search his for sale posts, he has or had an ICB and zekes made of real wood.

#286 3 months ago
    Quoted from toasterman04:

ya I was just wondering on your guys thoughts if a solid oak would look good. or a solid black veneer. or maybe a maple with a different color stain. i dunno

I think it's fine. If I needed a new cab I would have it made from real wood if possible.

#302 3 months ago

I'm an electrical contractor and I pretty much hate those suitcase connectors on 120v.
    If you don't put them on perfect, they either don't close or they destroy the wire.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 7.00
    $ 120.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    G-Money Mods
    $ 79.00
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Flashinstinct
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 239.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 40.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    Cabinet Parts
    PinBoltCaps
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 5,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Arizona Pinball
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 11.95
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 110.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    £ 29.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jcar302.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside