New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 185732)

Ice Cold Beer (ICB) Owner's Thread

By T-800

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 390 posts
  • 89 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by djblouw
  • Topic is favorited by 49 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 100 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

16B1C419-2C2F-4E8B-996E-747271A7B808 (resized).jpeg
    6B2CAC99-7267-4A43-81C9-FC007A370843 (resized).jpeg
    E507C09A-0959-4B2F-B9A7-F4E02D3B69BA (resized).jpeg
    0DF449D2-CB0D-4FE6-97D1-6DD50094118B (resized).jpeg
    1A20922C-7599-4ECE-8406-61F5530CCE37 (resized).jpeg
    F4D847E8-94F1-4902-950B-C5C14AB24B54 (resized).jpeg
    E4050AEE-B309-498E-A9F3-B352C5A1409B (resized).jpeg
    8DDA9EF4-11E9-48E1-B2EA-49EA89C6DEEF (resized).jpeg
    47703E73-5806-464A-8A10-F90C797F004D (resized).jpeg
    15100FFF-F9BE-4135-98B8-AB887C29AAFF (resized).jpeg
    498CEF15-4FD8-4813-B623-4D986A5138F5 (resized).jpeg
    7F2C483C-E762-4AF6-AB22-8FB64ED9874B (resized).jpeg
    EF1008C5-7C34-4591-AE61-42121AB8D800 (resized).jpeg
    ICB (resized).JPG
    DSC_4473 (resized).JPG
    68d3ed83418ed6f9a42b206b950c8ddf (resized).jpg

There are 390 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.
    #351 4 months ago
    Quoted from zerbam:

ebay.com link » Taito Zekes Peak Arcade Pinball Sideart Ice Cold Beer Arcade
    here is the link to the side art for sale on ebay

Nice, I didn’t check eBay.

Here’s a link to where you can buy the display plastic.

https://highscoresave.com/zeke-s-peak-credit-display-plastic/

#352 4 months ago

Anyone have an ICB for sale in the Bay Area CA? I would love to get one for the arcade.

#353 4 months ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

Hmmmmmm.
    I’m not sure where you would get new repro art to restore a Zeke’s Peak.
    I just looked at all the normal arcade art sites like Phoenixarcade, thisoldgame and escapepod and none seem to sell it.
    You might have to scan it and clean it up in photoshop if no one prints it.
    If you do that sites like escape pod or game on graphics will print them for you. It won’t be screen printed, but it’s better than nothing and not bad. Also if you do that, make sure you supply them with exact measurements for when they print the files or it may not be one to one.
    As far as the wood grain goes, most people just use wood grain laminate.
    Same goes for things like cabarets and early black and white arcade games with wood grain sides. Just find a grain pattern that closely resembles what’s on the actual cab.
    I think ZP is probably rarer than ICB by about 10-1 which is probably why the normal repro art places haven’t done the art yet, because the demand probably isn’t big enough.

Thanks

#354 4 months ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

Nice, I didn’t check eBay.
    Here’s a link to where you can buy the display plastic.
    https://highscoresave.com/zeke-s-peak-credit-display-plastic/

Thanks

#355 4 months ago

Does anyone happen to have a lead on an ICB or Zeke's Peak main PCB? I came into a game with a pretty decent cabinet but it looks to have been partially picked through. I got it running with a loaner PCB but I'm going to need to return the loaner soon and find a permanent solution.

#356 4 months ago
    Quoted from visi0n:

Does anyone happen to have a lead on an ICB or Zeke's Peak main PCB? I came into a game with a pretty decent cabinet but it looks to have been partially picked through. I got it running with a loaner PCB but I'm going to need to return the loaner soon and find a permanent solution.

I can fix your board if it has one.

#357 4 months ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

I can fix your board if it has one.

Right on! I'll expand my searching to include broken ones. Right now I don't have a PCB in the game at all, I've been using a loaner.

#358 4 months ago

Looking for a wiring harness for the Taito version. If anyone has one PM me.

#359 4 months ago
    Quoted from pfinny:

They are not rare they made a lot of them, back in the 90,s a lot of them probably went to the landfill nobody wanted them was lucky to get 200.00 for them at a game auction back then it wasn’t until pinball started getting popular that prices shot up on them when demand started going up the supply wasn’t there since a lot of them got trashed 10 to 15 years earlier

What you mean was they "weren't rare", but now they are. I've been in the hobby since they were about $400, unfortunately by the time I found one close to local the price was up by 6x.

What your earlier opinion fails to take into consideration is that price is up on almost all machines with unique controls.

Does the price really even matter? You pay $2500 to $3500, enjoy it for a while, then sell it to the next guy for the same.

Most people that sell now aren't making a mint on it.

There are many pins I find overrated (me personally I don't call things over rated that I've never owned), but I don't feel the need to voice it when people aren't actively asking opinions.

#360 4 months ago

Where can I get a ballast for both my ICB and Zekes? Home Depot does not carry it.

47703E73-5806-464A-8A10-F90C797F004D (resized).jpeg
    #361 4 months ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

Where can I get a ballast for both my ICB and Zekes? Home Depot does not carry it.
    [quoted image]

I'm a electrical contractor.
    Buy a direct wire 120v bulb and bypass the ballast. It's easier to install, runs cooler and will last forever.

#362 4 months ago
    Quoted from jcar302:

I'm a electrical contractor.
    Buy a direct wire 120v bulb and bypass the ballast. It's easier to install, runs cooler and will last forever.

Sweet. Good call.

#363 4 months ago

definitely agree on the ballast bypass / and LED tube. I've gotten to where every arcade game that comes here gets that treatment

1 week later
    #364 3 months ago

Hi everyone. I have been working on a ICB that has sat for many years. I think I have it just about ready to go. When I start a game the ball is ejected but I am getting no response from either joystick. Everything appears to be hooked up correctly. Any suggestions?

#365 3 months ago
    Quoted from jtreehorn:

Hi everyone. I have been working on a ICB that has sat for many years. I think I have it just about ready to go. When I start a game the ball is ejected but I am getting no response from either joystick. Everything appears to be hooked up correctly. Any suggestions?

Ok turns out that the switch on the left side near the pulley is not registering correctly. The actuator does not appear to be as long as the one on the other side. Are these metal pieces available for purchase?

2 weeks later
    #366 88 days ago

Anyone have a Zeke’s peak within 6 hours of Illinois? Not looking for ICB.
    Have multiple pins/arcades for trade. Cash OK too!

#367 88 days ago
    Quoted from jfrazie:

Anyone have a Zeke’s peak within 6 hours of Illinois? Not looking for ICB.
    Have multiple pins/arcades for trade. Cash OK too!

You should list your pinballs for trade.

2 weeks later
    #368 72 days ago

Not mine, but figured I would post it here if anybody’s looking.
    Ice Col Beer for sale over on KLOV for $3200

https://forums.arcade-museum.com/threads/ice-cold-beer-taito.475869/

1 week later
    #369 63 days ago

Has anyone replaced their CPO?

On mine the thick plastic piece has cracked and broken.

Anyone use this one from ebay?

ebay.com link » Ice Cold Beer Arcade Game Control Panel Overlay High Quality Laminated

#370 57 days ago
    Quoted from djblouw:

Has anyone replaced their CPO?
    On mine the thick plastic piece has cracked and broken.
    Anyone use this one from ebay?
    ebay.com link » Ice Cold Beer Arcade Game Control Panel Overlay High Quality Laminated

This is the one you want -> https://www.chompingquarters.com/store.php/products/ice-cold-beer-control-panel-overlay

It looks 100% like the original, and is silkscreened.

#371 52 days ago

If anyone is interested I have started producing replacement play-fields. These will fit the original components. Made from 3/4 Mdf like original. $249 Cad + shipping.
    New full cabinet coming soon!

0DF449D2-CB0D-4FE6-97D1-6DD50094118B (resized).jpeg1A20922C-7599-4ECE-8406-61F5530CCE37 (resized).jpeg8DDA9EF4-11E9-48E1-B2EA-49EA89C6DEEF (resized).jpegE4050AEE-B309-498E-A9F3-B352C5A1409B (resized).jpegF4D847E8-94F1-4902-950B-C5C14AB24B54 (resized).jpeg
    #372 52 days ago

Selling my Taito Ice Cold Beer if anyone is interested. Game works 100%. Cabinet is decent. Also have new cabinet and control panel decals, TILT/score plate, new backglass, and other ICB items available for sale as well. Local pick-up only.

#373 52 days ago
    Quoted from T-800:

Selling my Taito Ice Cold Beer if anyone is interested. Game works 100%. Cabinet is decent. Also have new cabinet and control panel decals, TILT/score plate, new backglass, and other ICB items available for sale as well. Local pick-up only.

What’s the price?

#374 52 days ago
    Quoted from Flash319:

If anyone is interested I have started producing replacement play-fields. These will fit the original components. Made from 3/4 Mdf like original. $249 Cad + shipping.
    New full cabinet coming soon![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very nice. Will the playfield have the artwork?

1 week later
    #375 45 days ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

Very nice. Will the playfield have the artwork?

Not yet but working on it.

1 week later
    #376 35 days ago
    Quoted from T-800:

Fyi, my ICB is sold. If anyone is looking for a replacement glass I have a mint one for a good deal.

#377 29 days ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

You should list your pinballs for trade.

I have a nice Bram Stoker’s Dracula. I also have a fire power project that I was going to hardtop.

#378 28 days ago

Well i just got my new ICB cabinet from Ritchie Gordon off facebook... and MAN!! Its a beauty!

#379 27 days ago
    Quoted from toasterman04:

Well i just got my new ICB cabinet from Ritchie Gordon off facebook... and MAN!! Its a beauty!

How much did that run you? I am getting ready to rebuild mine this winter, a new cab would be way easier to deal with, then trying to epoxy all of the banged up corners and t-channels

#380 27 days ago
    Quoted from toasterman04:

Come on... you know the rule. Photos or it did not happen.

#381 24 days ago

Hello, dear Owners.

I bought one of these lovely machines for my small arcade Bar. It is such a wonderful addicting game, but it annoys me, not reaching the 10th hole.
    I Think that I might got the hard version of it. The ball is smaller and it starts shaking when you got the fourth hole. Hole 7 is nearly unreachable because of this mode. I tried the dip switches in easy mode, but I would like to have it completly stopped in the first round. Is there any chance to switch it off or getting another eprom somewhere with an easy mode? I don´t need freeplay.

Thanks and Cheers!

Marcus

#382 23 days ago

Any ICB’s for sale? I’m ready to buy!

#383 23 days ago
    Quoted from Odin:

Hello, dear Owners.
    I bought one of these lovely machines for my small arcade Bar. It is such a wonderful addicting game, but it annoys me, not reaching the 10th hole.
    I Think that I might got the hard version of it. The ball is smaller and it starts shaking when you got the fourth hole. Hole 7 is nearly unreachable because of this mode. I tried the dip switches in easy mode, but I would like to have it completly stopped in the first round. Is there any chance to switch it off or getting another eprom somewhere with an easy mode? I don´t need freeplay.
    Thanks and Cheers!
    Marcus

I believe my dips are set to normal mode (I try to keep every game I have at standard/normal) but mine does not shake at all. I think when I get higher up (round 7or 8?) the bar will move itself up just a tad on occasion and even then it is not really that distracting as I have never lost a ball from that. My understanding of the game is that it does not really start to mess with you unless you get past the first 10 holes and it resets to the first hole again at a harder difficulty.

Someone here who knows the game's difficulty settings better may be able to expand on what settings you have or whether "harder" roms exist for the game. My other thought is your dip switch could be broken or you could be misunderstanding the positions you need for the dip switches somehow? Did you restart the game (turn off/on) after changing the dips?

#384 23 days ago

So what’s the consensus on using LED’s in ICB?
    I’m not talking ungodly bright once’s. Just nice warm white to keep it close to original.

#385 22 days ago
    Quoted from djblouw:

So what’s the consensus on using LED’s in ICB?
    I’m not talking ungodly bright once’s. Just nice warm white to keep it close to original.

I plan to switch them out to ones that look as close to original as possible just to reduce heat/wear on the glass. I admit I have not gotten around to it yet which is silly since it probably would take 2 minutes.

#386 22 days ago
    Quoted from brainmegaphone:

I plan to switch them out to ones that look as close to original as possible just to reduce heat/wear on the glass. I admit I have not gotten around to it yet which is silly since it probably would take 2 minutes.

Yeah, I figured while I had the entire thing disassembled, I should make the change.

My machine only had one coin mech in it when I got it. I'd like to get a second one installed, but its not the regular mech I'm used to with pinball machines. Does anyone have any info/spares for the plastic coin mech?

#387 22 days ago
    Quoted from djblouw:

Yeah, I figured while I had the entire thing disassembled, I should make the change.
    My machine only had one coin mech in it when I got it. I'd like to get a second one installed, but its not the regular mech I'm used to with pinball machines. Does anyone have any info/spares for the plastic coin mech?

My game had the mechs removed when I got it (which is not uncommon for an operator to do when they sell a game). There are a number of guys on here (and KLOV) that could probably tell you within a second which brand mech you can swap into there. Often times they are generic/universal depending on the coin door.

I burned a free play rom and threw that into the game so I don't even touch the coin door.

#388 19 days ago

I paid $800 CAD. and shipped it to me for an additional $300 (Ontario to Saskatchewan) It was palleted and wrapped super good. Very excited to get it back together. I will send pics tonight.

#389 13 days ago

Taito Ice Cold Beer Reproduction Playfield Plastic Insert. $100 shipped. PM me for questions.

6B2CAC99-7267-4A43-81C9-FC007A370843 (resized).jpegE507C09A-0959-4B2F-B9A7-F4E02D3B69BA (resized).jpeg
    #390 8 days ago

Finally got my ICB Working after refreshing it. Fun game! I’m going to need a new glass, as this one is roached.16B1C419-2C2F-4E8B-996E-747271A7B808 (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 399.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Bent Mods
    $ 79.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 43.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 7.95
    Various Novelties
    PIC
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 4.00
    Electronics
    Z-connector (24 pin) Out of stock
    Professor Pinball
    $ 34.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 3.00
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 50.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Back Alley Creations
    $ 495.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 85.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 2.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 19.99
    Cabinet - Other
    Bent Mods
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Mods for your pinballs
    $ 15.00
    Apparel - Unisex
    Silverball Swag
    $ 99.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Loop Combo Pinball
    There are 390 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside