(Topic ID: 185732)

Ice Cold Beer (ICB) Owner's Thread

By T-800

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

423422483_1558686934926344_8300007587782340627_n (resized).jpg
    416123486_1139246887456285_774396430134584905_n (resized).jpg
    416292669_1050832426146101_7181769884420433954_n (resized).jpg
    423422721_757114809640750_8348374682024393865_n (resized).jpg
    423454845_438232898929834_1580329146322931042_n (resized).jpg
    416292662_738395971560186_2795630437654137501_n (resized).jpg
    423737594_1123559171902651_2828979632597826302_n (resized).jpg
    ICB Rod Close Up (resized).jpg
    IMG_1967 (resized).png
    3DD8357D-7EB3-42F2-910E-8359DECACFB8 (resized).jpeg
    1ECE5E3C-5F9D-4F23-B0C1-F51AD289FB7A (resized).png
    58262339-C8F2-4766-88B2-362A83CA0BE6 (resized).jpeg
    FDDC55B5-465B-4F07-8E1A-A54AB845BB26 (resized).jpeg
    DB17D4DA-E531-4ED8-8EDB-E901875BDF23 (resized).jpeg
    DBD7F40D-9CD3-438C-BF32-6A150A7EC709 (resized).jpeg
    1A374B46-4A22-491B-9C7B-971787C162C6 (resized).jpeg
    There are 907 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 19.
    #301 4 years ago

And I’m getting 118v at the power supply now. But I’m still not getting the game to start. No coin up no display no sounds.

#302 4 years ago

I'm an electrical contractor and I pretty much hate those suitcase connectors on 120v.
    If you don't put them on perfect, they either don't close or they destroy the wire.

#303 4 years ago
    Quoted from jcar302:

I'm an electrical contractor and I pretty much hate those suitcase connectors on 120v.
    If you don't put them on perfect, they either don't close or they destroy the wire.

That’s the first time I’ve used them. They came with the kit for the power supply. Should I remove some cover and solder it in place instead?

1 week later
    #304 4 years ago

Anyone know of a source for the playfield hole ball switches? The OEM part number is: 29-00042-001.

"Twisty Wrist Arcade" used to have them; however, they are no longer in stock. Link Below:
    https://www.twistywristarcade.com/icb-zeke-s-peke/1092-ice-cold-beer-playfield-hole-switch.html?search_query=ice+cold+beer&results=9

Thanks!

#305 4 years ago
    Quoted from KevinG:

Willing to sell my Ice Cold Beer. Pristine condition! I'm in Southern California if anyone's interested. $3900.

Would you mind shippkng overseas, iceland?

#306 4 years ago

If someone wants to arrange and pay for shipping, we can make that happen.

#307 4 years ago

Picked this up. Didn't think I was going to like it having the tatio & ice versions before. But this is very cool, the joysticks are very responsive to the bar and the play field is always changing which is interesting and the bonus box well it's a big ball!

IMG_2030 (resized).jpgIMG_2030 (resized).jpgIMG_2031 (resized).jpgIMG_2031 (resized).jpg
    #308 4 years ago

I just joined the club last week. I picked up Herk's project from above. I have a thread over on KLOV, but wanted to come on here and see if anyone may have any tips.

The suitcase was off putting incorrect voltages on the 9V line. It looks like the 5v voltage regulator was possibly taken out when it was powered on. There is definitely a short on the PCB.

When powered on w/ game board installed Fuse 1 blows. The reason the switching PS was not coming on was b/c of the short in the game board. PS turns on just fine until the PCB is installed.

If I am reading everything correctly, fuse 1 is the 9V line. Not a ton on there, but still having trouble sourcing the short. I installed a new VR and nothing changed. 9V comes in goes through C67, then the ferrite bead, then C106 and C108 to the VR then passes through C122 to TP. These all seem fine.

Anyway, I want to order up some parts to rebuild the suitcase, does anyone have a good source for the BR 3 and 4 on there? Also in case I can't sort this out on my own, does anyone on Pinside repair these?

1 month later
    #309 4 years ago

Is anyone selling or know of an ice cold beer arcade being sold? Please pm me.

#310 4 years ago
    Quoted from Trizel:

Is anyone selling or know of an ice cold beer arcade being sold? Please pm me.

What pinballs do u have? Anything to trade?

#311 4 years ago
    07E8B200-C2F0-45A9-AA58-004A7556FA5F (resized).jpeg07E8B200-C2F0-45A9-AA58-004A7556FA5F (resized).jpeg
    1 week later
    #312 3 years ago

A n Exceptionally nice ICE, ICB has found a new home, and local....Enjoy, Trizel!

1 week later
    #313 3 years ago

Looking to trade my Congo for a ICB by Tatio. PM me if interested. Must be with in driving distance of Richmond VA

1 week later
    #314 3 years ago

Where can I order belts for this piece of crap?

FB68BB2D-71EF-487D-8CED-8D5E2A0F0C0A (resized).jpegFB68BB2D-71EF-487D-8CED-8D5E2A0F0C0A (resized).jpeg
    1 week later
    #316 3 years ago

An Taito Ice Cold Beer just sold at Captain’s Auction in Anaheim, Ca. for $6875. Not in great condition either. So, I just listed my collector condition Ice Cold Beer for $6000 if anyone is interested. Save almost $900!

#317 3 years ago
    Quoted from KevinG:

An Taito Ice Cold Beer just sold at Captain’s Auction in Anaheim, Ca. for $6875. Not in great condition either. So, I just listed my collector condition Ice Cold Beer for $6000 if anyone is interested. Save almost $900!

How magnanimous of you.

#318 3 years ago

I just listed mine at $3500

ABUW1705 (resized).JPGABUW1705 (resized).JPG
    #319 3 years ago

Should sell quick if those auctions are legit...but they aren’t!

#320 3 years ago
    Quoted from Sunny1989:

I just listed mine at $3500
    [quoted image]

This should sell quick.

#321 3 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

This should sell quick.

Yeah I bought it.

#322 3 years ago

Anyone know where I could get a replacement rod/side rods? Mine snapped on one of the screws that connects the center bar to the white plastic piece, so I jerry-rigged in a small screw and nut to reattach it, but now I'm having all sorts of issues with the sides not rising/not connecting with the microswitches on the top and bottom/being too tight against the playfield. Basically this is reminding me why I don't mess with pinball...

#323 3 years ago
    Quoted from nelfichu:

Anyone know where I could get a replacement rod/side rods? Mine snapped on one of the screws that connects the center bar to the white plastic piece, so I jerry-rigged in a small screw and nut to reattach it, but now I'm having all sorts of issues with the sides not rising/not connecting with the microswitches on the top and bottom/being too tight against the playfield. Basically this is reminding me why I don't mess with pinball...

I’d like this info too!

#324 3 years ago
    Quoted from Kizmitt:

I’d like this info too!

There was a guy on KLOV that had made some and was selling them.

#325 3 years ago

Post a picture, i'm not totally sure the parts you are speaking of.

#326 3 years ago
    Quoted from jcar302:

Post a picture, i'm not totally sure the parts you are speaking of.

Can't get a pic at the moment, but literally the metal rod the bar rolls on, plus the two metal rods on either side that the moving rod connects to.

I'll hunt around KLOV and see if I can find this guy who was repro-ing them.

#327 3 years ago

Does anybody in the Philadelphia area know one for sale? Or is willing to part with theirs?

#328 3 years ago
    Quoted from TaTa:

Does anybody in the Philadelphia area know one for sale? Or is willing to part with theirs?

It's rare they come up for sale in our area. When they do, they move quickly or sell privately.
    I do have my days that I feel could give it up, but it would have to be a really solid offer or a very generous trade.

#329 3 years ago
    Quoted from TaTa:

I would be willing to move mine but I’m in MA. Distance may be too far. Would be looking for $3300.

#330 3 years ago
    Quoted from gutz:

If you don't have the two grey door setup (which is Taito arcade style doors) the single black door is a coin co door that was used on many pinball and arcade games around that same time. You can't buy them new, but should be able to find them used.

Any idea if the coin co door came with the game?

#331 3 years ago
    Quoted from jp1985:

Any idea if the coin co door came with the game?

Yes. The coinco door came with the game and has a hanging coin box inside the machine. The earlier (i believe) games had two separate doors, an upper coin door and a lower coin vault door (to collect from). The two door setup was what some taito video games were using at the time.

#332 3 years ago

Not my photos, but they're worth 2000 words.

68d3ed83418ed6f9a42b206b950c8ddf (resized).jpg68d3ed83418ed6f9a42b206b950c8ddf (resized).jpgDSC_4473 (resized).JPGDSC_4473 (resized).JPG
    #333 3 years ago
    Quoted from gutz:

Yes. The coinco door came with the game and has a hanging coin box inside the machine. The earlier (i believe) games had two separate doors, an upper coin door and a lower coin vault door (to collect from). The two door setup was what some taito video games were using at the time.

Yes I have the coinco with the hanging box. I also have a freeplay and ticket dispenser switch.

#334 3 years ago

New to the club. It's going to be a pretty big project, as it's been sitting since the mid-80's.

So my question is where should I start? Once I get inside the game (I'm going to have to drill the lock), is there any test procedures to perform before turning it on? I'm used to classic Bally SS games, and disconnection driver boards & mpu's so that you can check voltages, etc. But I'm not sure if any of this applies to ICB?

It'll be a few days before I can get at it, but I'm hoping to have a strategy for when I start on it.

ICB (resized).JPGICB (resized).JPG
    #335 3 years ago
    Quoted from djblouw:

New to the club. It's going to be a pretty big project, as it's been sitting since the mid-80's.
    So my question is where should I start? Once I get inside the game (I'm going to have to drill the lock), is there any test procedures to perform before turning it on? I'm used to classic Bally SS games, and disconnection driver boards & mpu's so that you can check voltages, etc. But I'm not sure if any of this applies to ICB?
    It'll be a few days before I can get at it, but I'm hoping to have a strategy for when I start on it.
    [quoted image]

There’s really not a lot of moving parts on these. If you’re proficient with classic SS pins this should be a breeze.
    Looks like it’s in nice shape, just needs a good cleaning.
    Maybe recap the power supply, or if you want put the arcade shop switching power supply in it and not worry about it.
    These are nice because they come with a daughter board that uses the original connector. Very convenient and easy.
    http://www.arcadeshop.com/i/1182/taito-ice-cold-beer-zekes-peak-power-supply-kit.htm
    You will definitely need new rubbers for the pulleys.
    https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/63-00165-001

Other than that and cleaning, there’s not a lot to it. It’s basicaly a big plastic mold on the revers that’s similar to a Pinball subway. You just need to make sure all the switches are working.
    Especially the ones for the up and down movement in attract mode. If one of those switches is out of alignment or broken it will burn out your rubber belts very quickly.

Leveling the game is important.
    If it’s not level the ball can get stuck in the back of the game (subway) or will not feed out correctly in the ball return.

Pretty easy game to work on.

#336 3 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

There’s really not a lot of moving parts on these. If you’re proficient with classic SS pins this should be a breeze.
    Looks like it’s in nice shape, just needs a good cleaning.
    Maybe recap the power supply, or if you want put the arcade shop switching power supply in it and not worry about it.
    These are nice because they come with a daughter board that uses the original connector. Very convenient and easy.
    http://www.arcadeshop.com/i/1182/taito-ice-cold-beer-zekes-peak-power-supply-kit.htm
    You will definitely need new rubbers for the pulleys.
    https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/63-00165-001
    Other than that and cleaning, there’s not a lot to it. It’s basicaly a big plastic mold on the revers that’s similar to a Pinball subway. You just need to make sure all the switches are working.
    Especially the ones for the up and down movement in attract mode. If one of those switches is out of alignment or broken it will burn out your rubber belts very quickly.
    Leveling the game is important.
    If it’s not level the ball can get stuck in the back of the game (subway) or will not feed out correctly in the ball return.
    Pretty easy game to work on.

Thanks for the input. Sounds like I should be okay just going through it normally. And yes, I will most likely put in the switching power supply, as its a better solution to the linear supply.

The bottom of the cabinet took some damage (from sitting on concrete for 35 years), so I'll have to address that before being able to level it.

#337 3 years ago
    Quoted from djblouw:

Thanks for the input. Sounds like I should be okay just going through it normally. And yes, I will most likely put in the switching power supply, as its a better solution to the linear supply.
    The bottom of the cabinet took some damage (from sitting on concrete for 35 years), so I'll have to address that before being able to level it.

Congrats on the pickup by the way.
    We love ours.
    Gets a ton of play at parties.

EF1008C5-7C34-4591-AE61-42121AB8D800 (resized).jpegEF1008C5-7C34-4591-AE61-42121AB8D800 (resized).jpeg
    #338 3 years ago
    Quoted from gutz:

Not my photos, but they're worth 2000 words.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Way overpriced for what they are, can't believe someone has not started reproducing or have come out with their own version yet.

#339 3 years ago
    Quoted from pfinny:

Way overpriced for what they are, can't believe someone has not started reproducing or have come out with their own version yet.

Well they are extremely fun and still one of the most played games in my entire arcade, so there is a lot of value in that.

7F2C483C-E762-4AF6-AB22-8FB64ED9874B (resized).jpeg7F2C483C-E762-4AF6-AB22-8FB64ED9874B (resized).jpeg
    #340 3 years ago
    Quoted from Waldo:

Well they are extremely fun and still one of the most played games in my entire arcade, so there is a lot of value in that.[quoted image]

Exactly. I love my ICB and Zekes Peak.

#341 3 years ago
    Quoted from pfinny:

ICE did make an update in 2003 which was way better than the Taito. Then Toccata made Rock-n-roll Verti-Go which has an lcd screen. I have owned all of these and the ICE is the best but given how easy these are does it really matter? Once you master it well, it's boring n turns into look at me i'm a dumbass that has mastered putting a small ball in a hole which makes me great! In the end the taito version wins out for whatever hipster reason. I have the rock-n-roll vertigo currently and like the prior 2....... i'm bored Notice how everyone says it's a hit when people are over......translation "I have mastered it and impress my guests" they like watching me

#342 3 years ago

Anyone have a website to order switches and parts for ICB and ZP?

#343 3 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

Anyone have a website to order switches and parts for ICB and ZP?

Which switches and parts are you looking for?
    The micro switches in the back for up down? Ball return?
    I’ve found that parts for this are more readily available on arcade sites rather than pinball sites.
    The switches probably won’t be tagged as ICB specific on those sites, just suitable replacement for part number.

#344 3 years ago

EDIT: This is now spoken for.

I have one of the reproduction ICB plastic display plates if anyone can use it.
    They did a run of these a couple years back and I never used it because my original is nice enough.
    Screen printed, nice quality repro.
    A few hairline scratches on the plastic, but pretty damn nice and not really noticeable.

$25 shipped if anyone wants it.
    If not I’ll post in in the marketplace.

Shoot me a PM (first come first serve).

498CEF15-4FD8-4813-B623-4D986A5138F5 (resized).jpeg498CEF15-4FD8-4813-B623-4D986A5138F5 (resized).jpeg15100FFF-F9BE-4135-98B8-AB887C29AAFF (resized).jpeg15100FFF-F9BE-4135-98B8-AB887C29AAFF (resized).jpeg

#345 3 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

EDIT: This is now spoken for.
    I have one of the reproduction ICB plastic display plates if anyone can use it.
    They did a run of these a couple years back and I never used it because my original is nice enough.
    Screen printed, nice quality repro.
    A few hairline scratches on the plastic, but pretty damn nice and not really noticeable.
    $25 shipped if anyone wants it.
    If not I’ll post in in the marketplace.
    Shoot me a PM (first come first serve).
    [quoted image][quoted image]

PM sent.

#346 3 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

Which switches and parts are you looking for?
    The micro switches in the back for up down? Ball return?
    I’ve found that parts for this are more readily available on arcade sites rather than pinball sites.
    The switches probably won’t be tagged as ICB specific on those sites, just suitable replacement for part number.

The motor switch. Zekes Peak artwork. Not just the side art. But with wood grain part as well.

#347 3 years ago
    Quoted from jcar302:

It's rare they come up for sale in our area. When they do, they move quickly or sell privately.
    I do have my days that I feel could give it up, but it would have to be a really solid offer or a very generous trade.

They are not rare they made a lot of them, back in the 90,s a lot of them probably went to the landfill nobody wanted them was lucky to get 200.00 for them at a game auction back then it wasn’t until pinball started getting popular that prices shot up on them when demand started going up the supply wasn’t there since a lot of them got trashed 10 to 15 years earlier

#348 3 years ago
    Quoted from pfinny:

They are not rare they made a lot of them, back in the 90,s a lot of them probably went to the landfill nobody wanted them was lucky to get 200.00 for them at a game auction back then it wasn’t until pinball started getting popular that prices shot up on them when demand started going up the supply wasn’t there since a lot of them got trashed 10 to 15 yearsearlier

Do you own one?

#349 3 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

The motor switch. Zekes Peak artwork. Not just the side art. But with wood grain part as well.

Hmmmmmm.
    I’m not sure where you would get new repro art to restore a Zeke’s Peak.

I just looked at all the normal arcade art sites like Phoenixarcade, thisoldgame and escapepod and none seem to sell it.

You might have to scan it and clean it up in photoshop if no one prints it.
    If you do that sites like escape pod or game on graphics will print them for you. It won’t be screen printed, but it’s better than nothing and not bad. Also if you do that, make sure you supply them with exact measurements for when they print the files or it may not be one to one.

As far as the wood grain goes, most people just use wood grain laminate.
    Same goes for things like cabarets and early black and white arcade games with wood grain sides. Just find a grain pattern that closely resembles what’s on the actual cab.

I think ZP is probably rarer than ICB by about 10-1 which is probably why the normal repro art places haven’t done the art yet, because the demand probably isn’t big enough.

There are 907 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 19.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ice-cold-beer-icb-owners-thread/page/7?hl=trizel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.