3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 435 posts
  • 97 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by ChompingQuarters
  • Topic is favorited by 52 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 105 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20201230_183939 (resized).jpg
    20201121_133346 (resized).jpg
    20201121_125454 (resized).jpg
    DB4E3B55-5432-4F79-B746-7FACEE3AF433 (resized).jpeg
    20201027_092539 (resized).jpg
    16B1C419-2C2F-4E8B-996E-747271A7B808 (resized).jpeg
    6B2CAC99-7267-4A43-81C9-FC007A370843 (resized).jpeg
    E507C09A-0959-4B2F-B9A7-F4E02D3B69BA (resized).jpeg
    0DF449D2-CB0D-4FE6-97D1-6DD50094118B (resized).jpeg
    1A20922C-7599-4ECE-8406-61F5530CCE37 (resized).jpeg
    F4D847E8-94F1-4902-950B-C5C14AB24B54 (resized).jpeg
    E4050AEE-B309-498E-A9F3-B352C5A1409B (resized).jpeg
    8DDA9EF4-11E9-48E1-B2EA-49EA89C6DEEF (resized).jpeg
    47703E73-5806-464A-8A10-F90C797F004D (resized).jpeg
    15100FFF-F9BE-4135-98B8-AB887C29AAFF (resized).jpeg
    498CEF15-4FD8-4813-B623-4D986A5138F5 (resized).jpeg

There are 435 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 9.
    #251 1 year ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

Yikes meaning?

An unrestored ICB being a $3500 game

#252 1 year ago
    Quoted from Wharhed:

An unrestored ICB being a $3500 game

I had 3 offers for mine at 3500. Not restored. Supply and Demand sets pricing. Maybe not for you but for those who want it bad enough.

#253 1 year ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

I had 3 offers for mine at 3500. Not restored. Supply and Demand sets pricing. Maybe not for you but for those who want it bad enough.

I get that - That’s really the only reason I bought the ICB kit off eBay.

#254 1 year ago
    Quoted from Wharhed:

I get that - That’s really the only reason I bought the ICB kit off eBay.

ICB kit off eBay? I looked on eBay and didnt see anything other than decals and inserts. Is there a kit that would make it easier to build one myself?

#255 1 year ago
    Quoted from kechlesurf:

ICB kit off eBay? I looked on eBay and didnt see anything other than decals and inserts. Is there a kit that would make it easier to build one myself?

Someone had listed 80% of the inside of an ICB and I bought it. I still need a cabinet, but it looks like there will be a run of those shortly on KLOV.

#256 1 year ago

If I could find a cabinet and a power supply, I can put one together maybe.

#257 1 year ago
    Quoted from thepinballworks:

If I could find a cabinet and a power supply, I can put one together maybe.

Both readily available...

#258 1 year ago
    Quoted from teekee:

Both readily available...

Who’s selling the cabinet right now? I know Markrl on KLOV will be selling his repro cabs soon

#259 1 year ago
    Quoted from Wharhed:

Who’s selling the cabinet right now? I know Markrl on KLOV will be selling his repro cabs soon

Contact Paul at VirtuaPin. Not sure if he has them is stock right now but he builds them.

https://virtuapin.net/index.php?main_page=index&manufacturers_id=1

And the linear power supply can be replaced by this:

http://www.arcadeshop.com/i/1182/taito-ice-cold-beer-zekes-peak-power-supply-kit.htm

#260 1 year ago
    Quoted from teekee:

Contact Paul at VirtuaPin. Not sure if he has them is stock right now but he builds them.
    https://virtuapin.net/index.php?main_page=index&manufacturers_id=1
    And the linear power supply can be replaced by this:
    http://www.arcadeshop.com/i/1182/taito-ice-cold-beer-zekes-peak-power-supply-kit.htm

Thanks for the info.

#261 1 year ago

Love this game, Especially the kids. I regret selling one a few years back! I will trade a pin for one now if anyone is in the market

#262 1 year ago

I’m in the market for a Wonka but no cash involved.

#263 1 year ago
    Quoted from TonyScoots:

Love this game, Especially the kids. I regret selling one a few years back! I will trade a pin for one now if anyone is in the market

I would consider that, but the distance, and my short list would make it hard....
    Good way for you to get one!

4 weeks later
    #264 1 year ago

Ice icb giving error 00. Working on for a customer. Anyone have any info on this?

#265 1 year ago

With the prices these sell for, the demand and the existence of many repro parts this seems like a no-brainer for Chicago gaming to reproduce.
    Or use the template for a more in depth rule set and re-theme to do something custom.
    I'd buy one.

#266 12 months ago

Not sure if anyone would want this, but I have a ICE version front glass for Ice Cold Beer that has the image pattern on it. Long story short, this glass was in my ICB so I contacted ICE directly seeing if they had any glass I could buy with the real artwork on it. They did, actually in their model shop in their prototype game. They sold it to me and I installed it no problem. Ive held on to this other glass for years for no real reason. If anyone could use this for any reason, let me know and we can work something out. If not, Im probably going to pitch it.

IMG_5319 (resized).jpgIMG_5320 (resized).jpg
    #267 12 months ago

PM sent to Ibis.

#268 12 months ago

Looking for one in the Chicago area if anyone looking to sell or trade

#269 11 months ago

Has anyone figured out a proper replacement motor yet?

#270 11 months ago

there are "improved" motors available at Marco $129.00 ea or 2 for $99.00 ea

#271 11 months ago

All switches check ok, optos working, power good. No 00 error listed on info I got from David at ice. Plays music when turned on then goes to error after 5 seconds. All help appreciated, thanks.

#272 11 months ago
    Quoted from zerbam:

there are "improved" motors available at Marco $129.00 ea or 2 for $99.00 ea

Yes those motors are garbage - they have extreme start-up lag which throws the entire gameplay off.

#273 11 months ago
    Quoted from Code_Blue:

Has anyone figured out a proper replacement motor yet?

Years ago, twistywristarcade.com offered replacement motors. I cannot confirm how close they feel to the originals. You might try reaching out to see if getting more is a possibility now that this game (and zeke's) has exploded in price.

#274 11 months ago

If in need of motors I woule rebuild the complete driveunit with a belt system. For the price of 2 motors you should get everything for a new beltdrive and it would become a miuch better feeling I think.

#275 11 months ago

I picked up a ICB last night. It had been sitting in a warehouse for years.
    The first time I plugged it in it fired right up but the right side of the rod didn’t move so I turned it off and found the belt had dry rotted and broke. I ordered a new set of belts last night so no biggie.
    However, after I turned it back on I’m no longer getting any displays and even though it will coin up it won’t start a game. Anyone have any ideas where to look first?

7F564F3A-2483-433F-B5D0-572CC8EDBF03 (resized).jpeg
    #276 11 months ago

Never just start / plug in a unknown game ....
    Mostly the belts are broken or missing, the transformer unit needs some checking and rebuild.
    There is a fuse on the power section, check this fuse. IOn my game the fuseholder was broken, so the game could not work but I checked this before. Also swapped the transformer unit for a power supply. Also clean and wax the playfield and get a new ball.
    The pcb should still work and also wiring will not brake. The motors shopuld be cleaned, old lubrication is often like glue.

Have fun with your ICB and ... never start a unknown game

#277 11 months ago
    Quoted from Herk:

I picked up a ICB last night. It had been sitting in a warehouse for years.
    The first time I plugged it in it fired right up but the right side of the rod didn’t move so I turned it off and found the belt had dry rotted and broke. I ordered a new set of belts last night so no biggie.
    However, after I turned it back on I’m no longer getting any displays and even though it will coin up it won’t start a game. Anyone have any ideas where to look first?[quoted image]

Good find. It’s a great game.

#278 11 months ago

I would probably order a switching power supply kit for it.
    Either that or re-cap the old linear power supply that in it.

#279 11 months ago

Hey guys. Just ordered a new set of motors from Marco's, posted them all the way to me in the UK.. but the bolts aren't long enough. Why, for $99 each they couldn't supply some?!

Anyhow, I mailed them asking for a thread size for the bolt: 8-32 was the reply. But does anyone know if that's UNC or UNF thread? and what sort of length?

Thanks

#280 11 months ago

Willing to sell my Ice Cold Beer. Pristine condition! I'm in Southern California if anyone's interested. $3900.

#281 11 months ago

Hey Guys, I am restoring one that fell off the back of a truck. I need to build a new cabinet and was wondering on your thoughts of product and style. I have never loved the wood grain look and am pondering using something different. what are peoples thoughts. would going away from an original look be a bad thing?

#282 11 months ago
    Quoted from toasterman04:

Hey Guys, I am restoring one that fell off the back of a truck. I need to build a new cabinet and was wondering on your thoughts of product and style. I have never loved the wood grain look and am pondering using something different. what are peoples thoughts. would going away from an original look be a bad thing?

I think teekee a few posts back goes by Tony on klov. Search his for sale posts, he has or had an ICB and zekes made of real wood.

#283 11 months ago
    Quoted from itruk:

Hey guys. Just ordered a new set of motors from Marco's, posted them all the way to me in the UK.. but the bolts aren't long enough. Why, for $99 each they couldn't supply some?!
    Anyhow, I mailed them asking for a thread size for the bolt: 8-32 was the reply. But does anyone know if that's UNC or UNF thread? and what sort of length?
    Thanks

Those motors are garbage, shoulda read some of this thread first.

#284 11 months ago
    Quoted from jcar302:

I think teekee a few posts back goes by Tony on klov. Search his for sale posts, he has or had an ICB and zekes made of real wood.

ya I was just wondering on your guys thoughts if a solid oak would look good. or a solid black veneer. or maybe a maple with a different color stain. i dunno

#285 11 months ago
    Quoted from Code_Blue:

Those motors are garbage, shoulda read some of this thread first.

Read the whole thread, it's only you having a whine. I needed the motors, so what other choice do I have? lol

If there's another choice of motor for ICB, please feel free to link them

#286 11 months ago
    Quoted from toasterman04:

ya I was just wondering on your guys thoughts if a solid oak would look good. or a solid black veneer. or maybe a maple with a different color stain. i dunno

I think it's fine. If I needed a new cab I would have it made from real wood if possible.

#287 11 months ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

I would probably order a switching power supply kit for it.
    Either that or re-cap the old linear power supply that in it.

I purchased the power supply and installed it as it says to in the manual for the new power supply. However, I don't seem to be getting any power at the new power supply.
    In the manual it says to use the clips that are provided and to attach them to the AC wires going to the light fixture. What am I missing here?

87035412_10219138125377762_5033559808142213120_n (resized).jpgCapturedsf (resized).JPG
    #288 11 months ago

Looks good !

On my game was the fuseholder broken ... did you check if 120 Volts come to the new transformer ? Is the light working ? There is also a switch under the cabinett !

IMG_3181 (resized).JPGIMG_3188 (resized).JPG
    #289 11 months ago
    Quoted from TomDK:

Looks good !
    On my game was the fuseholder broken ... did you check if 120 Volts come to the new transformer ? Is the light working ? There is also a switch under the cabinett ![quoted image][quoted image]

Got cha. Nope, I’m not getting power to the new supply. There’s no light.
    However, the light in the top comes on. Where are you getting your power from on your supply?

#290 11 months ago

Check continuity from the power brick/light pins to the new clips and then to the new power supply. You can also check the fuse in the old power brick, the round knob at the bottom left of the pic

#291 11 months ago
    Quoted from CanadianPinball:

Check continuity from the power brick/light pins to the new clips and then to the new power supply. You can also check the fuse in the old power brick, the round knob at the bottom left of the pic

I tested all the fuses on the old power supply and the one in the black screw, they’re all good. When you say “power brick/light pins” are you referring to the new supply?
    Sorry if that’s a stupid question.

#292 11 months ago

No stupid questions!

Check the continuity and if good check voltages. See my artistic arrows in the pic

35f6718c2d40424528344944613c221fb487efb8 (resized).jpg
    #293 11 months ago

No stupid questions!
    Check the continuity and if good check voltages. See my artistic arrows in the pic[quoted image]

That’s perfect! I checked and I’m getting continuity from the plug to the power supply.

#294 11 months ago

Ok now unplug the wires ( the same ones you clipped into) from the power brick, turn it on and see if you are getting proper voltages

#295 11 months ago

Ok now unplug the wires ( the same ones you clipped into) from the power brick, turn it on and see if you are getting proper voltages

7A51A757-31FD-440F-9DD5-1277F96D98AB (resized).jpeg
    #296 11 months ago

Test the other pins that you pulled that connector from

#297 11 months ago

Yep, marquee light works. That’s all I’m getting is the marquee light.

#298 11 months ago

I edited my post but you're too fast

#299 11 months ago

If you have 120 AC at pins 2 & 3 then your splices from the kit need to be redone

#300 11 months ago

I edited my post but you're too fast

Whoops! Sorry about that. Yep I’m getting 120v at the 2 and 3 in the connector on the board.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 139.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Lighting - Interactive
    Cobra Amusements
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    G-Money Mods
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinfarmer Mods
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 110.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Rocket City Pinball
    Apparel - Men
    Pinside Shop
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Tools
    PinDoc Restorations
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Iron Monger Decal Out of stock
    Flashinstinct
    $ 19.95
    $ 30.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    Playfield - Protection
    Pinball Haus
    $ 10.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 7.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 35.00
    Various Novelties
    Pinball Photos LLC
    There are 435 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 9.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside