2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 286 posts
  • 69 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by jcar302
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 73 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

7F564F3A-2483-433F-B5D0-572CC8EDBF03 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5320 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5319 (resized).jpg
    7149AAED-F4EC-4BB8-9F09-E939FEBB7045 (resized).jpeg
    A55522BD-CE7D-455D-AF69-35EF1BF572FE (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2952 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2992 (resized).JPG
    DB5D5F57-5584-4CEC-B3E5-23717D56F9ED (resized).jpeg
    img20191108_22513158 (resized).jpg
    img20191108_22501053 (resized).jpg
    img20191108_22484783 (resized).jpg
    img20191108_22472351 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6857 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3254 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2981 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2980 (resized).JPG

There are 286 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
    #251 64 days ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

Yikes meaning?

An unrestored ICB being a $3500 game

#252 63 days ago
    Quoted from Wharhed:

An unrestored ICB being a $3500 game

I had 3 offers for mine at 3500. Not restored. Supply and Demand sets pricing. Maybe not for you but for those who want it bad enough.

#253 62 days ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

I had 3 offers for mine at 3500. Not restored. Supply and Demand sets pricing. Maybe not for you but for those who want it bad enough.

I get that - That’s really the only reason I bought the ICB kit off eBay.

#254 61 days ago
    Quoted from Wharhed:

I get that - That’s really the only reason I bought the ICB kit off eBay.

ICB kit off eBay? I looked on eBay and didnt see anything other than decals and inserts. Is there a kit that would make it easier to build one myself?

#255 60 days ago
    Quoted from kechlesurf:

ICB kit off eBay? I looked on eBay and didnt see anything other than decals and inserts. Is there a kit that would make it easier to build one myself?

Someone had listed 80% of the inside of an ICB and I bought it. I still need a cabinet, but it looks like there will be a run of those shortly on KLOV.

#256 60 days ago

If I could find a cabinet and a power supply, I can put one together maybe.

#257 60 days ago
    Quoted from thepinballworks:

If I could find a cabinet and a power supply, I can put one together maybe.

Both readily available...

#258 60 days ago
    Quoted from teekee:

Both readily available...

Who’s selling the cabinet right now? I know Markrl on KLOV will be selling his repro cabs soon

#259 60 days ago
    Quoted from Wharhed:

Who’s selling the cabinet right now? I know Markrl on KLOV will be selling his repro cabs soon

Contact Paul at VirtuaPin. Not sure if he has them is stock right now but he builds them.

https://virtuapin.net/index.php?main_page=index&manufacturers_id=1

And the linear power supply can be replaced by this:

http://www.arcadeshop.com/i/1182/taito-ice-cold-beer-zekes-peak-power-supply-kit.htm

#260 60 days ago
    Quoted from teekee:

Contact Paul at VirtuaPin. Not sure if he has them is stock right now but he builds them.
    https://virtuapin.net/index.php?main_page=index&manufacturers_id=1
    And the linear power supply can be replaced by this:
    http://www.arcadeshop.com/i/1182/taito-ice-cold-beer-zekes-peak-power-supply-kit.htm

Thanks for the info.

#261 60 days ago

Love this game, Especially the kids. I regret selling one a few years back! I will trade a pin for one now if anyone is in the market

#262 60 days ago

I’m in the market for a Wonka but no cash involved.

#263 60 days ago
    Quoted from TonyScoots:

Love this game, Especially the kids. I regret selling one a few years back! I will trade a pin for one now if anyone is in the market

I would consider that, but the distance, and my short list would make it hard....
    Good way for you to get one!

4 weeks later
    #264 29 days ago

Ice icb giving error 00. Working on for a customer. Anyone have any info on this?

#265 29 days ago

With the prices these sell for, the demand and the existence of many repro parts this seems like a no-brainer for Chicago gaming to reproduce.
    Or use the template for a more in depth rule set and re-theme to do something custom.
    I'd buy one.

#266 24 days ago

Not sure if anyone would want this, but I have a ICE version front glass for Ice Cold Beer that has the image pattern on it. Long story short, this glass was in my ICB so I contacted ICE directly seeing if they had any glass I could buy with the real artwork on it. They did, actually in their model shop in their prototype game. They sold it to me and I installed it no problem. Ive held on to this other glass for years for no real reason. If anyone could use this for any reason, let me know and we can work something out. If not, Im probably going to pitch it.

IMG_5319 (resized).jpgIMG_5320 (resized).jpg
    #268 20 days ago

Looking for one in the Chicago area if anyone looking to sell or trade

#269 19 days ago

Has anyone figured out a proper replacement motor yet?

#270 19 days ago

there are "improved" motors available at Marco $129.00 ea or 2 for $99.00 ea

#271 19 days ago

All switches check ok, optos working, power good. No 00 error listed on info I got from David at ice. Plays music when turned on then goes to error after 5 seconds. All help appreciated, thanks.

#272 17 days ago
    Quoted from zerbam:

there are "improved" motors available at Marco $129.00 ea or 2 for $99.00 ea

Yes those motors are garbage - they have extreme start-up lag which throws the entire gameplay off.

#273 17 days ago
    Quoted from Code_Blue:

Has anyone figured out a proper replacement motor yet?

Years ago, twistywristarcade.com offered replacement motors. I cannot confirm how close they feel to the originals. You might try reaching out to see if getting more is a possibility now that this game (and zeke's) has exploded in price.

#274 16 days ago

If in need of motors I woule rebuild the complete driveunit with a belt system. For the price of 2 motors you should get everything for a new beltdrive and it would become a miuch better feeling I think.

#275 12 days ago

I picked up a ICB last night. It had been sitting in a warehouse for years.
    The first time I plugged it in it fired right up but the right side of the rod didn’t move so I turned it off and found the belt had dry rotted and broke. I ordered a new set of belts last night so no biggie.
    However, after I turned it back on I’m no longer getting any displays and even though it will coin up it won’t start a game. Anyone have any ideas where to look first?

7F564F3A-2483-433F-B5D0-572CC8EDBF03 (resized).jpeg
    #276 12 days ago

Never just start / plug in a unknown game ....
    Mostly the belts are broken or missing, the transformer unit needs some checking and rebuild.
    There is a fuse on the power section, check this fuse. IOn my game the fuseholder was broken, so the game could not work but I checked this before. Also swapped the transformer unit for a power supply. Also clean and wax the playfield and get a new ball.
    The pcb should still work and also wiring will not brake. The motors shopuld be cleaned, old lubrication is often like glue.

Have fun with your ICB and ... never start a unknown game

#277 12 days ago
    Quoted from Herk:

I picked up a ICB last night. It had been sitting in a warehouse for years.
    The first time I plugged it in it fired right up but the right side of the rod didn’t move so I turned it off and found the belt had dry rotted and broke. I ordered a new set of belts last night so no biggie.
    However, after I turned it back on I’m no longer getting any displays and even though it will coin up it won’t start a game. Anyone have any ideas where to look first?[quoted image]

Good find. It’s a great game.

#278 12 days ago

I would probably order a switching power supply kit for it.
    Either that or re-cap the old linear power supply that in it.

#279 7 days ago

Hey guys. Just ordered a new set of motors from Marco's, posted them all the way to me in the UK.. but the bolts aren't long enough. Why, for $99 each they couldn't supply some?!

Anyhow, I mailed them asking for a thread size for the bolt: 8-32 was the reply. But does anyone know if that's UNC or UNF thread? and what sort of length?

Thanks

#280 6 days ago

Willing to sell my Ice Cold Beer. Pristine condition! I'm in Southern California if anyone's interested. $3900.

#281 3 days ago

Hey Guys, I am restoring one that fell off the back of a truck. I need to build a new cabinet and was wondering on your thoughts of product and style. I have never loved the wood grain look and am pondering using something different. what are peoples thoughts. would going away from an original look be a bad thing?

#282 3 days ago
    Quoted from toasterman04:

Hey Guys, I am restoring one that fell off the back of a truck. I need to build a new cabinet and was wondering on your thoughts of product and style. I have never loved the wood grain look and am pondering using something different. what are peoples thoughts. would going away from an original look be a bad thing?

I think teekee a few posts back goes by Tony on klov. Search his for sale posts, he has or had an ICB and zekes made of real wood.

#283 3 days ago
    Quoted from itruk:

Hey guys. Just ordered a new set of motors from Marco's, posted them all the way to me in the UK.. but the bolts aren't long enough. Why, for $99 each they couldn't supply some?!
    Anyhow, I mailed them asking for a thread size for the bolt: 8-32 was the reply. But does anyone know if that's UNC or UNF thread? and what sort of length?
    Thanks

Those motors are garbage, shoulda read some of this thread first.

#284 3 days ago
    Quoted from jcar302:

I think teekee a few posts back goes by Tony on klov. Search his for sale posts, he has or had an ICB and zekes made of real wood.

ya I was just wondering on your guys thoughts if a solid oak would look good. or a solid black veneer. or maybe a maple with a different color stain. i dunno

#285 3 days ago
    Quoted from Code_Blue:

Those motors are garbage, shoulda read some of this thread first.

Read the whole thread, it's only you having a whine. I needed the motors, so what other choice do I have? lol

If there's another choice of motor for ICB, please feel free to link them

#286 2 days ago
    Quoted from toasterman04:

ya I was just wondering on your guys thoughts if a solid oak would look good. or a solid black veneer. or maybe a maple with a different color stain. i dunno

I think it's fine. If I needed a new cab I would have it made from real wood if possible.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
    FlyLand Designs
    $ 20.90
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Haus
    $ 45.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 119.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 38.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 7,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 8.95
    $ 45.00
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 59.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    There are 286 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside