New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 185732)

Ice Cold Beer (ICB) Owner's Thread

By T-800

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 377 posts
  • 87 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 hours ago by jfrazie
  • Topic is favorited by 48 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 97 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0DF449D2-CB0D-4FE6-97D1-6DD50094118B (resized).jpeg
    1A20922C-7599-4ECE-8406-61F5530CCE37 (resized).jpeg
    F4D847E8-94F1-4902-950B-C5C14AB24B54 (resized).jpeg
    E4050AEE-B309-498E-A9F3-B352C5A1409B (resized).jpeg
    8DDA9EF4-11E9-48E1-B2EA-49EA89C6DEEF (resized).jpeg
    47703E73-5806-464A-8A10-F90C797F004D (resized).jpeg
    15100FFF-F9BE-4135-98B8-AB887C29AAFF (resized).jpeg
    498CEF15-4FD8-4813-B623-4D986A5138F5 (resized).jpeg
    7F2C483C-E762-4AF6-AB22-8FB64ED9874B (resized).jpeg
    EF1008C5-7C34-4591-AE61-42121AB8D800 (resized).jpeg
    ICB (resized).JPG
    DSC_4473 (resized).JPG
    68d3ed83418ed6f9a42b206b950c8ddf (resized).jpg
    ABUW1705 (resized).JPG
    FB68BB2D-71EF-487D-8CED-8D5E2A0F0C0A (resized).jpeg
    07E8B200-C2F0-45A9-AA58-004A7556FA5F (resized).jpeg

There are 377 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 8.
    #201 11 months ago
    Quoted from jcar302:

I've had serious offers of 3k from people picking up other games. Tempting, but i doubt it would be easy or cheap to find another one. I'm also not one of the people that got it really cheap. So a small profit isn't motivation to sell it.

Exactly my point. I had a 3k offer yesterday. Part of me says do it and part of me says its not easy to find and you probably will never get one again.

#202 11 months ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/86790

Added 10 months ago:

ICB has been traded and I am keeping ZP! Thanks

#203 11 months ago

Has anyone clearcoated their ICB playfield? And if so got any pics without the backglass?

#204 11 months ago
    Quoted from pinster68:

Has anyone clearcoated their ICB playfield? And if so got any pics without the backglass?

Not sure why anyone would clear coat the playfield. The ball barely touches the playfield. That would definitely be overkill!

#205 11 months ago
    Quoted from teekee:

Not sure why anyone would clear coat the playfield. The ball barely touches the playfield. That would definitely be overkill!

We are in a hobby of overkill. For same reason someone applies powder coat, chrome, black nickel, LEDs, Toppers, etc ... it’s aesthetics.

#206 11 months ago

Then again ... they do wear. Haven’t seen one pristine ICB pf yet.

#207 11 months ago
    Quoted from pinster68:

Then again ... they do wear. Haven’t seen one pristine ICB pf yet.

Mhh ... think this is a beauty.

BTW: In Germany a ICB is for sale for 3500 EURO, exact the ammount of money I bought 10 years ago a MM for

IMG_2980 (resized).JPGIMG_2981 (resized).JPGIMG_2982 (resized).JPGIMG_3254 (resized).JPG
    #208 11 months ago

I've seen a few icb's and have one, i've never seen any with notable playfield wear.
    The glass and the display plastic, now that's a different story.

#210 10 months ago

I think the cabinet dimensions and drawings are available, might be a good project for someone with wood working skills. I've also seen people recently asking for the pcb on klov, this may be the only way they are getting one.

#211 10 months ago

Does anyone know if the coin door is standard and available on any arcade supply websites? Mine is broken off and needs to be replaced or welded and refinished. I can do the former but not the latter...

#212 10 months ago
    Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Does anyone know if the coin door is standard and available on any arcade supply websites? Mine is broken off and needs to be replaced or welded and refinished. I can do the former but not the latter...

If you don't have the two grey door setup (which is Taito arcade style doors) the single black door is a coin co door that was used on many pinball and arcade games around that same time. You can't buy them new, but should be able to find them used.

#213 10 months ago

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement lamp socket with the attached mounting bracket for the start button (photo below)? The lead that is attached to the lamp socket housing broke off. The manual says it is part # "59-00068-002 shaft retainer 3/8". I suppose I could try soldering the lead onto the lamp housing but the housing is oxidized and a replacement probably only costs about $2.

It is a bayonet base 2 terminal for a #44 or #47 I believe. The mounting bracket is fairly long and custom so I'd need one with a long bracket so I can bend it to match. I assume a socket for a #44 / #47 is called a "small" socket? Which would be the closest equivalent part from Marcos?

IMG_6857 (resized).JPG
    #214 10 months ago
    Quoted from thepinballworks:

Not mine! but seen this on eBay.
    ebay.com link » Ice Cold Beer Playfield Control Panel New Switch Cover Transformer And Pcb

Well, it looks like I'm partially in the club Anybody have a main wiring harness, and the lower coin box / hardware?

#215 10 months ago
    Quoted from Wharhed:

Well, it looks like I'm partially in the club Anybody have a main wiring harness, and the lower coin box / hardware?

I am glad you got it when you did, as I was going to make an offer and go pick it up.

#216 10 months ago

2 in Florida for sale. a Taito, at the Pinball Lounge for $3k, and my Minty Ice Version because Im a pig, is $4k.

#217 10 months ago

Just sold my Taito and noticed there are 4 yellow Service Tip pages in loose form with the paperwork for the game. I don't know if these are already posted somewhere but I would be happy to scan them and post here if needed.

Service Tip #84-3, 84-5, 84-6 and 84-7. I assume 84-4 is missing.

#218 10 months ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

2 in Florida for sale. a Taito, at the Pinball Lounge for $3k, and my Minty Ice Version because Im a pig, is $4k.

selling both of yours?

I have been thinking of seriously offering my ICE ICB version up in trade. I like oddball pins but would also consider some newer stuff if anyone reading this is local and wants to PM me a trade offer... then feel free. Less inclined to just sell for cash (i know I will never see one again so prefer trade for it), but open to offers of cash also.

Mine is nice but not minty like Art's. Works 100% but does have one or 2 partial digits oddities on score board (been stable the entire few years I have had it). Likely just a connector or needs a reflow to be solidly lit.

#219 10 months ago
    Quoted from DennisDodel:

Just sold my Taito and noticed there are 4 yellow Service Tip pages in loose form with the paperwork for the game. I don't know if these are already posted somewhere but I would be happy to scan them and post here if needed.
    Service Tip #84-3, 84-5, 84-6 and 84-7. I assume 84-4 is missing.

I would like a copy. I don't even have a manual for mine.

#220 10 months ago

please post copies.........or PDF files

#221 10 months ago
    img20191108_22472351 (resized).jpgimg20191108_22484783 (resized).jpgimg20191108_22501053 (resized).jpgimg20191108_22513158 (resized).jpg
    #224 10 months ago

Can anyone tell me what the loose harness ends are at the bottom of my cabinet?

DB5D5F57-5584-4CEC-B3E5-23717D56F9ED (resized).jpeg
    #225 10 months ago

Strange .. checked my pictures but I do not see this red colored harnesses !!
    They are looking like power lines, not lower voltages. I am missing the ticket suspenser , but this get also only low voltages.

IMG_2952 (resized).JPGIMG_2992 (resized).JPG
    #226 10 months ago
    Quoted from pinster68:

Can anyone tell me what the loose harness ends are at the bottom of my cabinet?[quoted image]

Any info on what game this is and where they lead to?

#227 10 months ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

Any info on what game this is and where they lead to?

It's an Ice Cold Beer ... not to sound snarky, but we are in the Ice Cold Beer Owners thread.

I don't know where they lead to ... I'm puzzled.

#228 10 months ago

Archived after 12 days
    Sold (amount undisclosed)
    Other - For Sale
    “Innovative Concepts >ICE Ice Cold Beer Arcade game This is the more rare (compared to the Tatio version) and also has 12 holes instead of 10 which is sweet! Game is in good 10...”
    2019-11-11
    Madison, WI
    2,700 (OBO)

#229 10 months ago
    Quoted from pinster68:

It's an Ice Cold Beer ... not to sound snarky, but we are in the Ice Cold Beer Owners thread.
    I don't know where they lead to ... I'm puzzled.

Ohhhh! For some reason I thought I was in the sys1 thread. My bad :-p

2 weeks later
    #230 10 months ago

I just picked up an ICB in rough shape that I want to restore. Does anyone have an extra repro Tilt/Score plastic that I could buy? Thanks!

#231 10 months ago
    Quoted from KevinG:

I just picked up an ICB in rough shape that I want to restore. Does anyone have an extra repro Tilt/Score plastic that I could buy? Thanks!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taito-ice-cold-beer-tilt-game-over-panel-remake/page/2

I'd pm that guy.
    I think mine came from arcade shop when he made them.
    He may have some of the blems left. Can't hurt to check.
    Or to see if he does another run. I know they have come and gone from being for sale at least a couple times.
    I haven't been able to bring myself to install mine, i'd have to believe that it would just get scratched up again.

#232 10 months ago
    Quoted from KevinG:

I have an original in decent shape if you’re interested.

#233 10 months ago
    Quoted from jcar302:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taito-ice-cold-beer-tilt-game-over-panel-remake/page/2
    I'd pm that guy.
    I think mine came from arcade shop when he made them.
    He may have some of the blems left. Can't hurt to check.
    Or to see if he does another run. I know they have come and gone from being for sale at least a couple times.
    I haven't been able to bring myself to install mine, i'd have to believe that it would just get scratched up again.

HighScoreSaves has repros that look identical to an original, and is in stock for both ICB and Zekes Peak - https://www.highscoresaves.com/ice-cold-beer-and-zeke-s-peak-credit-display-plastic.html?options=cart&product_type=simple

#234 10 months ago

Yes, I’ve tried high score saves and they only have ZP left. Thanks for the continued help!

#235 10 months ago

Anybody in Canada / BC willing to loan Ken Falta a main wiring harness so that he could reproduce it? He said he'd only need it for a couple days and would return it asap. I'd be happy to pay for the round trip shipping and would be forever grateful!

Here's his site - https://www.goldenagearcadeparts.com/en/

#236 9 months ago

can someone send me a picture of the wiring going into the connectors on the power supply board. My machine had a bunch of hacks, no connectors and 3 wires came out of the connector enroute to new location. Need some help please. thanks in advance

#237 9 months ago
    Quoted from Sunny1989:

can someone send me a picture of the wiring going into the connectors on the power supply board. My machine had a bunch of hacks, no connectors and 3 wires came out of the connector enroute to new location. Need some help please. thanks in advance

The first picture is my power brick, the second one I stole from the Google.
    7149AAED-F4EC-4BB8-9F09-E939FEBB7045 (resized).jpegA55522BD-CE7D-455D-AF69-35EF1BF572FE (resized).jpeg

#238 9 months ago

Anyone know where I can get a free play rom burned?

#239 9 months ago

Thanks for the pics! You have a shot of your J3 wires? The google one is pretty good I couldn’t find that but if you could would be great thanks again!

#240 9 months ago
    Quoted from Sunny1989:

Thanks for the pics! You have a shot of your J3 wires? The google one is pretty good I couldn’t find that but if you could would be great thanks again!

I wish I had wires to plug into J3 - I’m missing the main wiring harness. The manual gives a pretty clear description of what wires go there and in what order.

#241 9 months ago
    Quoted from Sunny1989:

Why do not buy a powersupply with adapter and you dont have all this work with the old transformer ?!

#242 9 months ago
    Quoted from jfrazie:

Anyone know where I can get a free play rom burned?

A few years back somebody was doing them on klov, but if I remember correctly there was flaws in the program that caused things like no attract mode.

If you have the gray coin door with the yellow plastic knockout cover, just put a yellow button in it.

#243 9 months ago

I have the "free-play"-ROMs working well in my machine.
    The attract mode is still available. If in attract mode someone pusehs a stick , the machine moves a ball right up until it fells in the first hole.

here the read.me text

Free Play hack v1.2 for Ice Cold Beer
    by Pat Daderko (DogP)

Included in this zip is a free play hack for Ice Cold Beer. This is an updated version with attract mode, and added code from Mark Jenison
    to blink the start button as well.

There are two ROMs included: fp.bin is the standard free play, fp_mad.bin is a ROM with manual attract disabled. Manual attract mode puts the
    ball on the bar and moves it up into a hole when someone presses the joystick during attract mode. There is a DIP switch to adjust how often
    it can occur, but no way to completely disable it. So the fp_mad.bin ROM disables it.

Manual attract can be annoying if someone moves the joystick before pressing start, and has to wait for the sequence to complete before being
    able to start the game. There is also an automatic attract mode, which does the same sequence (based on time, rather than someone moving the
    joystick), which can be disabled through DIP SW3 #1.

Chip U24 (2764 EPROM) is required for this hack. This ROM is for free play only... there is no adjustment to switch between coin operated and
    free play.

As always, use at your own risk... it seems to work fine for me, but I can't be held responsible for any consequences of your use.

Download:
    https://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?p=3636548

So you just need someone with a burner.

#244 9 months ago

minneapolis.craigslist.org link

Here’s a couple that were completely built from the ground up in Minnesota for sale

#245 9 months ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

minneapolis.craigslist.org link
    Here’s a couple that were completely built from the ground up in Minnesota for sale

Looks to be the same guy that made the repro led displays. I’ve been taking to him on his vpinball site. He’s reprod almost every single part for the game. I just purchased a repro plexiglass switch cover from him. The only thing he wasn’t really interested in making more of was the wiring harnesses.

#246 9 months ago

Still working on restoring an ICB and I’m having a problem with the ball falling through the rod toward the left side for holes 3 and 5. It seems that it isn’t “hugging” the playfield as close as it could and I can’t find a way to “tighten” closer to the playfield. The right side has very little play and stays very tight to the playfield. Any ideas? Thanks!

#247 9 months ago

One posted for sale today over on KLOV (not mine)

https://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=462485

#248 9 months ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

One posted for sale today over on KLOV (not mine)
    https://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=462485

Yikes.

#249 9 months ago

Looks like its a pending sale.

#250 9 months ago

Yikes meaning?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 100.00
    Playfield - Protection
    Beehive Pinball Co.
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Mods for your pinballs
    Apparel - Men
    Pinside Shop
    $ 7.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 149.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 218.00
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 139.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Great American Pinball
    Cabinet - Other
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 30.00
    Apparel - Men
    Pinball Haus
    $ 39.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 159.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Pinball Pimp
    $ 115.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 80.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    COINTAKER.COM
    $ 8.00
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 49.00
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    € 22.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    There are 377 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 8.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside