3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 315 posts
  • 74 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by Coindork
  • Topic is favorited by 44 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 83 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

FB68BB2D-71EF-487D-8CED-8D5E2A0F0C0A (resized).jpeg
    07E8B200-C2F0-45A9-AA58-004A7556FA5F (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2031 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2030 (resized).jpg
    7A51A757-31FD-440F-9DD5-1277F96D98AB (resized).jpeg
    35f6718c2d40424528344944613c221fb487efb8 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3188 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3181 (resized).JPG
    87035412_10219138125377762_5033559808142213120_n (resized).jpg
    Capturedsf (resized).JPG
    7F564F3A-2483-433F-B5D0-572CC8EDBF03 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5320 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5319 (resized).jpg
    7149AAED-F4EC-4BB8-9F09-E939FEBB7045 (resized).jpeg
    A55522BD-CE7D-455D-AF69-35EF1BF572FE (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2952 (resized).JPG

There are 315 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.
    #101 1 year ago

Hey all-looking to join the club. If anyone is looking to sell their ICB, Zeke's Peak, or ICE please let me know. I also have games for trade.

#102 1 year ago
    Quoted from Hdmike444:

Home and unloaded, Plays great! Has new belts just installed. Just needs a light cleaning
    Very happy![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

My glass doesn't have those * marks on it anywhere. hmm.

#103 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinballer73:

Thanks for the info coindork I want to install these in mine. Which if the two kits available suits ICB? Two sizes are available for different control panel thicknesses.

Anyone able to tell me which of the two kits is the correct size to suit ICB?

#104 1 year ago

Nice pickup!

Anyone have one of these to put next to ICB?

looks pretty cool

#105 1 year ago

I have an Ice Cold Beer and the much rarer Zeke's Peak. Both are in brand new beautiful real wood cabinets with all new t moulding, control panel overlays, side art. Both cabinets were stained and sealed not painted. The ICB also has brand new playfield glass as well. Two of the sweetest in existence. I value them at $3900 each and would be interested in trades for pinball or rare arcades.

IMG_5083 (resized).jpgIMG_5084 (resized).jpgIMG_5085 (resized).jpgIMG_5086 (resized).jpgIMG_5087 (resized).jpgIMG_5088 (resized).jpgIMG_5089 (resized).jpgIMG_5089 2 (resized).jpgIMG_5090 (resized).jpgIMG_5091 (resized).jpgIMG_5094 (resized).jpgIMG_5097 (resized).jpgIMG_5098 (resized).jpgIMG_5099 (resized).jpgIMG_5100 (resized).jpgIMG_5101 (resized).jpg
    #106 1 year ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Nice pickup!
    Anyone have one of these to put next to ICB?

looks pretty cool

Someone had an entire lot of fire escapes on klov a few weeks back, if I remember correctly it was 10 of them and a pile of parts.
    I thought FE was going to be the next hot game on the list, but it appears the last few have been selling really slowly (or not at all) in the mid upper 1000's.
    I'd like to add one, just have to figure out what i'm willing to get rid of to get it.

#107 1 year ago
    Quoted from jcar302:

Someone had an entire lot of fire escapes on klov a few weeks back, if I remember correctly it was 10 of them and a pile of parts.
    I thought FE was going to be the next hot game on the list, but it appears the last few have been selling really slowly (or not at all) in the mid upper 1000's.
    I'd like to add one, just have to figure out what i'm willing to get rid of to get it.

looks fun and quirky

any backstory on them? how many were made? will it hold high scores? as challenging as ICB?

#108 1 year ago

Does anyone know if the control panel overlays are as thick and good quality as the original, I’m talking about the ones on eBay. Unless there is someplace else to get them.

#109 1 year ago
    Quoted from Hdmike444:

Does anyone know if the control panel overlays are as thick and good quality as the original, I’m talking about the ones on eBay. Unless there is someplace else to get them.

You want these: https://www.chompingquarters.com/store.php/products/ice-cold-beer-control-panel-overlay

Unfortunately out of stock right now. Not sure how the ones on Ebay are but the one above is made by This Old Game who makes top notch stuff!

#110 1 year ago
    Quoted from jcar302:

I ended up buying a Fire Escape. Looking forward to getting to play it!

#111 1 year ago

Hey guys. I'm new on here and I have an Ice Cold Beer project machine I picked up recently. I have all but 1 motor and 1 wheel, and I am missing the main PCB. I was wondering if anyone has the main PCB mostly. I know I can get the motors at marco specialties. Please, any leads would be appreciated. I really want to bring this thing back to life. Thank you.

1 week later
    #112 1 year ago

Listed an ICB today

Archived after 1 day
    Sold (amount undisclosed)
    Other - For Sale
    Ice Cold Beer Archived
    “Listing my Ice cold beer in the Buffalo NY area. I've had this game for almost 20 years. I just went through the game, new 'belts', cleaned and polished the rods and bar and rebuil...”
    2018-12-13
    Grand Island, NY

#113 1 year ago
    Quoted from teekee:

I have an Ice Cold Beer and the much rarer Zeke's Peak. Both are in brand new beautiful real wood cabinets with all new t moulding, control panel overlays, side art. Both cabinets were stained and sealed not painted. The ICB also has brand new playfield glass as well. Two of the sweetest in existence. I value them at $3900 each and would be interested in trades for pinball or rare arcades.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

These have been traded...

#114 1 year ago
    Quoted from teekee:

These have been traded...

hope you donated to the Pinside fees for selling them on here without an advert

#115 1 year ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

hope you donated to the Pinside fees for selling them on here without an advert

No I did not... They were posted here and several other places. I've donated my share here over the years. Hope you have too!

1 month later
    #116 1 year ago

just a heads up - bought one of the ebay replacement tubs... fitment will require some work (especially at the plunger area). if you get these tubs... at first glance the task will seem insurmountable..... but with a little work - they do fit pretty okay.

as pinball guys - most of you have the parts needed to make shit happen - figured i'd share.

the fix ended up being a standard up kicker from a williams ball trough... before and after pics to show how much room was needed to be made up (original plunger is on the left).

sorry for the overblown colors - lighting wasn't the best and i was in a hurry.

if this has been discussed before - please accept my apologies.

1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg
    3 weeks later
    #117 1 year ago

There is an ICB posted for sale in the northeast for sale thread

1 month later
    #118 1 year ago

Anyone know if the Marco replacement motors come with the gear on the shaft or do you have to remove the gear from old shaft? Thanks

#119 1 year ago

ok got my answer in the mail today, no pinion gear with motor will have to use existing.

#120 1 year ago

I know some of these ICB's and Zeke's were parted out due to crappy cabinets... does anyone have a power brick for one of these? Or a wiring harness?

#121 1 year ago
    Quoted from teekee:

I know some of these ICB's and Zeke's were parted out due to crappy cabinets... does anyone have a power brick for one of these? Or a wiring harness?

http://www.arcadeshop.com/i/1182/taito-ice-cold-beer-zekes-peak-power-supply-kit.htm

#123 1 year ago

Turns out I still need the original power brick to use this power supply kit...

#124 1 year ago

Have you got a copy of the installation instructions you can post? I just ordered one of these for my game sfter reading posts #121. Now reading your post I'm concerned.

#125 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinballer73:

Have you got a copy of the installation instructions you can post? I just ordered one of these for my game sfter reading posts #121. Now reading your post I'm concerned.

I just talked to Steve at Arcade Shop and here's what he told me: "after looking at the manual the power supply kit provides all the voltages needed including the 24 volts for the solenoid. You would just have to run something to the fluorescent light."

So he seems a little unsure because he originally told me that the original power brick is still needed but now after he did a little research he is thinking his kit will take care of everything. Let me know if it works for you.

#126 1 year ago

Thanks for the info. Will do, although it will be while before I get to it. On a side note you'd think he'd be sure of a product before listing it as such, seems an odd way to go about things!

#127 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinballer73:

Thanks for the info. Will do, although it will be while before I get to it. On a side note you'd think he'd be syre of a product before listing it as such, seems an odd way to go about things!

Lol, I thought the same thing!

#128 1 year ago
    Quoted from teekee:

I just talked to Steve at Arcade Shop and here's what he told me: "after looking at the manual the power supply kit provides all the voltages needed including the 24 volts for the solenoid. You would just have to run something to the fluorescent light."
    So he seems a little unsure because he originally told me that the original power brick is still needed but now after he did a little research he is thinking his kit will take care of everything. Let me know if it works for you.

Geez, sorry, I just assumed it was a straight-forward replacement. I have been planning the order for months. But thanks for looking into it!

It would be great if Steve posted a downloadable pdf manual on the product page to prepare/pre-plan the swap.

#129 1 year ago

I agree. Hopefully someone will post the manual when their purchase arrives.

#131 1 year ago

No, the manual both teekee and I are referring to is the installation manual for the replacement powersupply that Arcade Shop sell. The website refers to following an installation manual for the PS. Having access to it would allow the purchaser to be sure what is on offer is a replacement for the factory original.

#132 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinballer73:

No, the manual both teekee and I are referring to is the installation manual for the replacement powersupply that Arcade Shop sell. The website refers to following an installation manual for the PS. Having access to it would allow the purchaser to be sure what is on offer is a replacement for the factory original.

I sent a message to Steve at Arcade Shop to see if he can send me the instruction manual via email. I'll post if I get it.

#133 1 year ago

If anyone is interested, Chomping Quarters is looking for demand on the CPO repros he has done in past, if there’s enough interest he will do it.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ice-cold-beer-silkscreened-cpo-interest-thread

1 week later
    #134 1 year ago

Question ICB owners. Yesterday playing my ice cold beer the bar stopped moving. The belts are fine. The ball will go in hole one, the bar will return to get the ball and then stop. The bar will not move. If i cut the game off, it will move to find the ball and get it ready for a game.

#135 1 year ago

Did you check the switch connections at both the sticks and the board? Check the boards to make sure the switch logic components are still good?

#136 1 year ago
    Quoted from T-800:

Did you check the switch connections at both the sticks and the board? Check the boards to make sure the switch logic components are still good?

I got it. The belt switch at the bottom left was not registering.

2 weeks later
    #137 1 year ago

Possibly can bring to Allentown...

Restored Ice Cold Beer with new stained and sealed wood cabinet. New art, control panel overlay, glass... beautiful!

Also have a super nice original Zeke's Peak. All original and way too nice to replace anything.

Looking for trades mostly... pinball or rare vids.

IMG_5077 (resized).jpgIMG_5097 (resized).jpg
    #138 1 year ago
    Quoted from teekee:

Possibly can bring to Allentown...
    Restored Ice Cold Beer with new stained and sealed wood cabinet. New art, control panel overlay, glass... beautiful!
    Also have a super nice original Zeke's Peak. All original and way too nice to replace anything.
    Looking for trades mostly... pinball or rare vids.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Prices?

#139 1 year ago

ya... wondering what a good condition ICB is worth these days... $2500 ???? $2800???

#140 1 year ago

Hard to say....

Ive seen projects from $800-$1200, but rarely these days
    $2K to $2500 for "good"
    $2500+ for fine
    and $3K to $4k for very fine/mint etc...

Kinda everywhere with demand super high compared to supply.

#141 1 year ago

Thanks art

#142 1 year ago
    20190405_190948 (resized).jpg
    #143 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinballer73:

The switcher from Arcade Shop works great and completely replaces the original linear power supply.

#144 1 year ago

Hi there
    I am new in the club
    I asked in a german pinball forum for an ICB and 2 days later I bought one from a coin op ... unbelievable fast, unbelievable story. Also the price was very fair
    The game doesnt start from the beginning, I figured out that the fuseholder for the main fuse was faulty. I bridged it and ... the game worked. New fuseholder is ordered .The motors moved, the CPU booted ... as usual the rubbers are completely crumbled. Cabinet is not perfect but okay. Backglas was in great shape .. until I tried to clean it and destroywed some areas. Bad luck .. I already ordered a new one. I have one of the rare games with ticket dispenser and prepared for the German market. No import.
    Even the power pcb and transformers are working I ordered a powersupply as a hack. For ROS and import reasons I bought one here in Europe and not from arcadeshop with the perfectz pcb on it.
    The tool for smoother control from gbgaming in the UK is also ordered.

Questions:
    Is there a batterie on the main pcb ? Should it be changed ?

I bought silikone rubber for the motors but I have to connect its ends. Does the motor drive the rubberband only in a specific range up and down or will it turn completely over ? Meaning ... the glue point to connect both ends , will it move over the rolls or not ?!

Cheers
    Tom

IMG_2925 (resized).JPGIMG_2948 (resized).JPGIMG_2951 (resized).JPGIMG_2972 (resized).JPGIMG_2990 (resized).JPGIMG_3010 (resized).JPGIMG_3018 (resized).JPGIMG_3049 (resized).JPGIMG_3050 (resized).JPG
    1 week later
    #145 1 year ago

Seems to be a very dead club

I am looking for CNC files for the cabinett ...... metal parts are out for new galvanizing , new keder ordered, new belts build from silicone tube, new balls ordered .... can become a much larger renovation. I would like tio make a new cabinet like the ones from teekee

#146 1 year ago
    Quoted from TomDK:

Seems to be a very dead club
    I am looking for CNC files for the cabinett ...... metal parts are out for new galvanizing , new keder ordered, new belts build from silicone tube, new balls ordered .... can become a much larger renovation. I would like tio make a new cabinet like the ones from teekee

You’ll find alot more information over on the KLOV forum...

https://forums.arcade-museum.com/

3 weeks later
    #147 11 months ago
    Quoted from teekee:

The switcher from Arcade Shop works great and completely replaces the original linear power supply.

Hello, i was wondering what the extra red 5vdc wire was for on the power supply from arcadeshop is for and where it goes. I dont have instructions. Everything else is straightforward. Thanks!

#148 11 months ago
    Quoted from pinballplusMN:

Hello, i was wondering what the extra red 5vdc wire was for on the power supply from arcadeshop is for and where it goes. I dont have instructions. Everything else is straightforward. Thanks!

It is to be soldered directly to your board at the +5 test point. Or you can change the jumpers on the power supply instead and ignore that wire. I didn't use it. I decided to change the jumpers on the PS.

#149 11 months ago

Hello, the 2 jumpers on the arcade shop supply? The original didnt supply 5 volts to board just 9. Thanks! Just don't want to fry a board. Jr

581375013 (resized).jpg581375013 (resized).jpgIMG_4415(1) (resized).jpgIMG_4415(1) (resized).jpg
    #150 11 months ago

Clean your machine

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 25.00
    Apparel - Unisex
    Project Pinball Charity
    $ 79.99
    $ 20.00
    Lighting - Other
    Professor Pinball
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 24.50
    $ 64.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Lermods
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Texas Pinball
    $ 89.00
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 20.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 26.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 26.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 24.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    There are 315 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside