(Topic ID: 185732)

Ice Cold Beer (ICB) Owner's Thread

By T-800

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

423422483_1558686934926344_8300007587782340627_n (resized).jpg
    416123486_1139246887456285_774396430134584905_n (resized).jpg
    416292669_1050832426146101_7181769884420433954_n (resized).jpg
    423422721_757114809640750_8348374682024393865_n (resized).jpg
    423454845_438232898929834_1580329146322931042_n (resized).jpg
    416292662_738395971560186_2795630437654137501_n (resized).jpg
    423737594_1123559171902651_2828979632597826302_n (resized).jpg
    ICB Rod Close Up (resized).jpg
    IMG_1967 (resized).png
    3DD8357D-7EB3-42F2-910E-8359DECACFB8 (resized).jpeg
    1ECE5E3C-5F9D-4F23-B0C1-F51AD289FB7A (resized).png
    58262339-C8F2-4766-88B2-362A83CA0BE6 (resized).jpeg
    FDDC55B5-465B-4F07-8E1A-A54AB845BB26 (resized).jpeg
    DB17D4DA-E531-4ED8-8EDB-E901875BDF23 (resized).jpeg
    DBD7F40D-9CD3-438C-BF32-6A150A7EC709 (resized).jpeg
    1A374B46-4A22-491B-9C7B-971787C162C6 (resized).jpeg
    There are 907 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 19.
    #51 5 years ago

Also check to see that the game is leveled properly. You may have to adjust the leg levelers. If it’s angled too far forward it might do that. If you have it leveled too far back or to one side the ball can get hung up in the plastic form inside the machine.

#52 5 years ago

I believe this has something to do with calibration of the motors going down-

During serving now, the bar does the following:
    1) right side comes down very low- causes ball to hit glass
    2) right side comes down not low enough- Ball makes it out of hole, but doesn't move down to right of bar. So when bar moves up, it gets shoved back into serve hole. THis causes me to have to go back down to get the ball out of the serve hole.

#53 5 years ago

Level and make sure the limit switch blades are adjusted so bar properly stops when it gets to the bottom. One on each side triggered by the housing that clasps the each end of the belts.

Mine rarely ticks the glass.

#54 5 years ago

Would love to own one.
    Is anyone tired of theirs and want to replace it?

2 months later
    #55 5 years ago

Going to pick up one this Tuesday, can’t wait.

#56 5 years ago

Congrats!

Waiting for mine to get dropped off too!
    My 4th, and first in a dozen years.....Stoked!

#57 5 years ago

If you don't mind saying, can I ask how much you're paying, and condition? I have one I want to sell to a friend, looking for a fair price. Thanks.

#58 5 years ago

For myself, with a Mint ICE version, I have received offers from $3K to $4K, with plenty offers for less, of course.
    Not selling though.....for a while.

Taito Prices?

#59 5 years ago

Picking it up in a few hours instead of Tuesday but he is asking 1200

#60 5 years ago

For a Working Taito in pretty good shape, that would be a very good deal!

#61 5 years ago

Home and unloaded, Plays great! Has new belts just installed. Just needs a light cleaning
    Very happy!

2EFBE413-18CA-4F9F-88B7-039E90342000 (resized).jpeg2EFBE413-18CA-4F9F-88B7-039E90342000 (resized).jpeg8131FB25-8CC0-4C22-915D-06BB4EA1E186 (resized).jpeg8131FB25-8CC0-4C22-915D-06BB4EA1E186 (resized).jpeg9A3E03A9-9F30-44E5-9B32-08BAE6CA20AF (resized).jpeg9A3E03A9-9F30-44E5-9B32-08BAE6CA20AF (resized).jpegDF845788-5297-4643-9D71-147C942EE40F (resized).jpegDF845788-5297-4643-9D71-147C942EE40F (resized).jpeg
    #62 5 years ago

Very nice. Have fun. We have had one for 8 years now.

#63 5 years ago
    Quoted from johninc:

If you don't mind saying, can I ask how much you're paying, and condition? I have one I want to sell to a friend, looking for a fair price. Thanks.

Just paid $2500 for a nice working one in California.

#64 5 years ago

Crap I want one!
    Somebody shoot me a pm if you know someone that wants to sell one!

#67 5 years ago

I was offered 5k for mine but not selling. Family and friends love this way to much!

#68 5 years ago

wow 5k! I think mine would be gone and I haven’t even brought it into the game room yet

1 week later
    #69 5 years ago

Anyone know if a noisy motor can be fixed? The right side is pretty loud but works fine. I oiled the gears.
    Also what size is the ball? I thought 5/8” but mine had 2 one in it was about 11/16” and one in the bottom cab was 5/8”

#71 5 years ago

Yeah thx I saw the motor I’ll buy one if I have to, was just hoping to save that one

#72 5 years ago

There’s one in Lancaster ma on Craigslist asking 2750

#73 5 years ago
    Quoted from Hdmike444:

Anyone know if a noisy motor can be fixed? The right side is pretty loud but works fine. I oiled the gears.
    Also what size is the ball? I thought 5/8” but mine had 2 one in it was about 11/16” and one in the bottom cab was 5/8”

did you open open the gear box? I know on JM pinball the hand motor was loud, I used the white lithium grease, very stringy etc, so it stays on the gears. Otherwise some mention a teflon based one.

#75 5 years ago

I thought I would post this here incase no one has discussed this yet since it was mainly designed with arcade games in mind.
    This is a really good mod you can do to you Ice Cold Beer or Zeke's Peak.
    These were designed for Williams 2 way joystick used in games like Defender, Stargate, Moon Patrol and Joust.
    Ice Cold Beer and Zeke's Peak both use the same joysticks.
    I have put these in my own ICB as well as Joust and Moon Patrol and they are awesome and really well designed.
    Even NOS Williams 2 way sticks have some slop in them and as the joysticks get more use it widens the holes in the housing and the slop gets worse over time.
    This eliminates the slop completely and makes the sticks very smooth, which in turn makes the movement of the bar more precise on an original Taito ICB or ZP.
    Anyhow, I have nothing to do with this product, but figured this guy could use a plug since he sells such a great and well engineered item.
    Heres a link to the guys website.

https://www.jbgaming.co.uk/controls/zeroplay-bearing-kit/

EDIT: BTW, you will need two kits as ICB and ZP have two joysticks.
    Trust me, its well worth it.

cache_4748541.jpg (resized).pngcache_4748541.jpg (resized).png

#76 5 years ago

Heres a couple of his videos on how to assemble it.

#77 5 years ago

I will second coindork’s recommendation. I have these kits in my defender and stargate. They work fantastic. No more defender slop. It is a terrific upgrade. Well worth it.

Cheers.

3 weeks later
    #78 5 years ago

Although its not coin op and mechanical, Werkz has an Ice Cold Beer Type game!

https://www.wertzwerkz.net/index.php/games/stand-up-games/balance-up

Worth a peek around! Saw them At IAPPA and know them for years.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #79 5 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

I thought I would post this here incase no one has discussed this yet since it was mainly designed with arcade games in mind.
    This is a really good mod you can do to you Ice Cold Beer or Zeke's Peak.
    These were designed for Williams 2 way joystick used in games like Defender, Stargate, Moon Patrol and Joust.
    Ice Cold Beer and Zeke's Peak both use the same joysticks.
    I have put these in my own ICB as well as Joust and Moon Patrol and they are awesome and really well designed.
    Even NOS Williams 2 way sticks have some slop in them and as the joysticks get more use it widens the holes in the housing and the slop gets worse over time.
    This eliminates the slop completely and makes the sticks very smooth, which in turn makes the movement of the bar more precise on an original Taito ICB or ZP.
    Anyhow, I have nothing to do with this product, but figured this guy could use a plug since he sells such a great and well engineered item.
    Heres a link to the guys website.
    https://www.jbgaming.co.uk/controls/zeroplay-bearing-kit/
    EDIT: BTW, you will need two kits as ICB and ZP have two joysticks.
    Trust me, its well worth it.
    [quoted image]

Thanks for the info Coindork I want to install these in mine. Which if the two kits available suits ICB? Two sizes are available for different control panel thicknesses.

#80 5 years ago

Hi all, I just picked up an ICB that's acting kinda funny. When the bonus runs all the way down to minimum (accompanied by the "heartbeat" sound), the game then plays a single tone for 2 or 3 seconds before going silent. All other sound effects play correctly, but this random tone when you've wasted your bonus points is very jarring. I've never had an ICB play this sound before-- any ideas what it's all about? Thanks!

#81 5 years ago

Would love to get one of these (any version). Are they so expensive just because they are popular?

I may have to offer a trade for sometime in order to get one

Some day, I will have one!!!

Chris

#82 5 years ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Would love to get one of these (any version). Are they so expensive just because they are popular?
    Chris

They became popular again so the prices doubled. Probably 2-3 yrs ago

#83 5 years ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Chris

It's a really hard game to buy or trade for because most people that own them know that if they give it up, the likelihood you could ever have another is slim. It would have been possible a few years ago when they were $400-$800, but now they sell in less than 15 minutes for $2500+.
    In NJ last week the I.C.E version which is less desirable sold for $2700.
    And in all honesty, I think money means less to most owners than the game itself.

Even if I was offered double in trade value, unless what I was getting was ultra rare and desirable, I wouldn't do it.
    About the only trade I would do is for a zeke's peak to go next to my zoo keeper.

#84 5 years ago
    Quoted from jcar302:

In NJ last week the I.C.E version which is less desirable sold for $2700.

In some areas, the ICE version is more desirable.....

#85 5 years ago
    Quoted from jcar302:

the I.C.E version which is less desirable sold for $2700.

I agree with Art. ICE version is the better and more rare, hence it is the more desirable and commands the higher price.

I have seen 20 Taito version. Seen 3 ICE versions.

I will take the one with more challenge, 2 more holes, and better mechs, over the mdf cab and art of the original.

#86 5 years ago

Which is more rare? Zeke's Peak or the Ice version of ICB?

#87 5 years ago

Tough to tell. Im going to guess both saw around 100 to 150 made of each. I think Taito is closer to 400 ish....just gut feelings with no evidence at all.

#88 5 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Tough to tell. Im going to guess both saw around 100 to 150 made of each. I think Taito is closer to 400 ish....just gut feelings with no evidence at all.

I would agree with your gut.

#89 5 years ago

Its a big Gut!

Had to delay my delivery till xmas....nice gift

#90 5 years ago

Awweee...Twins!

20181120_042646 (resized).jpg20181120_042646 (resized).jpg
    #91 5 years ago

Rare doesn't always mean more valuable.
    I follow arcades more closely than pins and IMO zeke's peak is for sale the least.
    Then probably the ICE version.

With that said, I don't think any real collector willing to pay up for a machine would rather have the ICE version.
    Just like the real pin collectors that keep pins more than a couple months would rather have an original MM than the remake.

The extra holes do add a little bit to the ICE version, but not enough for most guys to choose it over an original. The ice model just looks all sorts of wrong compared to the original.

Over the years I've had shots at buying both the original and the ICE, never have I seen a zeke's local.
    I turned down and ICE version at $900 a few years back, in hindsight financially it was a mistake. But at the time real icb's were selling at $1500 and I would rather have had the taito.

I have nothing against the ice version, it's surely better than nothing, but I seriously doubt the arcade collecting crowd would prefer it over an original taito.

#92 5 years ago
    Quoted from jcar302:

Rare doesn't always mean more valuable.
    I follow arcades more closely than pins and IMO zeke's peak is for sale the least.
    Then probably the ICE version.
    With that said, I don't think any real collector willing to pay up for a machine would rather have the ICE version.
    Just like the real pin collectors that keep pins more than a couple months would rather have an original MM than the remake.
    The extra holes do add a little bit to the ICE version, but not enough for most guys to choose it over an original. The ice model just looks all sorts of wrong compared to the original.
    Over the years I've had shots at buying both the original and the ICE, never have I seen a zeke's local.
    I turned down and ICE version at $900 a few years back, in hindsight financially it was a mistake. But at the time real icb's were selling at $1500 and I would rather have had the taito.
    I have nothing against the ice version, it's surely better than nothing, but I seriously doubt the arcade collecting crowd would prefer it over an original taito.

I am admittedly not an arcade guy, but I get contacted at least 1x each month from arcade people asking to buy my ICE version and all offers have been over 2500 for the past year. People love it on route, so I have not sold. I had the tatio version at one point and preferred the nicer built ICE version so I kept it.

Someone really should remake this gamegiven the demand. i know there was a group working on it at one point but it seems to have fallen off.

#93 5 years ago

Off topic,but sine arcade guys seem to be in this thread. I have thought of getting a few of the arcades I used to play as a kid to add to my home collection.

Where would I find paperboy, offroad 3 player, marble madness, and rampage? Maybe a four player gauntler dark legacy also, but as I understand it those loose all fun whne not on coin drop.

How much should I expect to pay for each in nicer, good playing condition.

#94 5 years ago
    Quoted from jcar302:

but I seriously doubt the arcade collecting crowd would prefer it over an original taito.

Again, Ill respect your opinion, but please do mine.....after 47 years, and the work Ive done, I guess I am part of the "Arcade Collecting Crowd"

The demand is there, this will be my 4th or 5th one...and kinda silly to pit one version over the other for value.

I will agree with what I see, which is offers to buy mine before Ive even played a game.
    Blind offers till this day for the last Taito, and an ICE I am aware of, but cannot say anything about..please dont ask...that a friend is considering selling.
    I respect his lack of desire to have it get into a bidding war.

In respect to your perspective.

Supply and demand, at this time.

If the demand was, as it was years ago...drops down, I believe your perspective would have significant merit.....as then it would be in demand by
    the Purist collectors....
    Or if a Remake occurred.....Like MBR, than the Original would/should exceed the ICE. But drop closer to the remake MSRP.

#95 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Off topic,but sine arcade guys seem to be in this thread. I have thought of getting a few of the arcades I used to play as a kid to add to my home collection.
    Where would I find paperboy, offroad 3 player, marble madness, and rampage? Maybe a four player gauntler dark legacy also, but as I understand it those loose all fun whne not on coin drop.

I have a Gauntlet dark legacy for sale at $1000

#96 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

KLOV forums is always the first place to look for games, you can also make wanted ads. While you may randomly find them on craigs, but that's a needle in a haystack. Some also change hands through facebook groups, but I don't have facebook.
    Paperboy has been absurdly expensive lately for what it is, probably take about $2500 to buy a really nice one. The stupid handlebar control panel sells for like a grand itself. Rumor has it that people are remaking some of the parts (if not all), not sure if that's complete yet.
    Marble madness is another popular one, doesn't come up often, will likely cost you $1200-$1500 depending on condition.
    Offroad 3 player i'd say is going to be an $650-$850 game (depends on if it has the track pak). I think this one needs to come apart to go through a regular door. Last one I played was already in the guys house and I didn't ask.

#97 5 years ago
    Quoted from jcar302:

KLOV forums is always the first place to look for games, you can also make wanted ads. You can find games randomly on craigs, but that's a needle in a haystack.
    Paperboy has been absurdly expensive lately for what it is, probably take about $2500 to buy a really nice one. The stupid handlebar control panel sells for like a grand itself. Rumor has it that people are remaking some of the parts (if not all), not sure if that's complete yet.
    Marble madness is another popular one, doesn't come up often, will likely cost you $1200-$1500 depending on condition.
    Offroad 3 player i'd say is going to be an $650-$850 game (depends on if it has the track pak). I think this one needs to come apart to go through a regular door. Last one I played was already in the guys house and I didn't ask.

thanks for the info

#98 5 years ago

I had a Taito Ice Cold Beer that I fully restored. :

https://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=349658

Like a dummy I sold it.

But recently I got an Ice Cold Beer ICE version. I had to repair the main board, fix a broken wire, and replace the side lights with Led strips.

I like this version better than the Taito. It's harder. And it looks great in a bar setting

20181125_173453 (resized).jpg20181125_173453 (resized).jpg20181125_173502 (resized).jpg20181125_173502 (resized).jpg20181125_173521 (resized).jpg20181125_173521 (resized).jpg
    #100 5 years ago
    Quoted from Hdmike444:

Cl in New York
    albany.craigslist.org link

Was posted to the arcade forum last night by a member there.
    Price and condition looks to be very good.
    Good chance it's sold already.

There are 907 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 19.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ice-cold-beer-icb-owners-thread/page/2?hl=joehog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.