(Topic ID: 267508)

Ice Cold Beer by Innovative Concepts Entertainment (General)

By Trizel

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 131 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 33 days ago by Sebcorazon
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Limit Switch XPK000135 (resized).jpg
Limit Switch XPK000135     ICB by ICE (resized).jpg
18854 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4226 (resized).png
IMG_4224 (resized).png
IMG_4223 (resized).png
16972492211631259173960593203350 (resized).jpg
16972492020757966984051144910557 (resized).jpg
20230910_160514 (resized).jpg
ICE COLD BEER -I.C.E. 2002 - owner&service manual.pdf (PDF preview)
20221114_123000 (resized).jpg
20221114_123026 (resized).jpg
20221010_162109 (resized).jpg
IMG_4722 (resized).jpeg
20220119_105545 (resized).jpg
20211208_114804 (resized).jpg
There are 131 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 2 years ago

Yeah, that is one of my biggest complaints. I have mine at a free play location and folks would put a bunch of credits on it but walk away and it would just run forever. Pretty annoying. Interested to see if you can reset the high scores. I have not been able to and would like to.

#52 2 years ago

I haven't tried this but maybe you could enter 0s

Screenshot_20210921-141005_Drive (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210921-141005_Drive (resized).jpg
1 month later
#53 2 years ago

Wondering if anybody is still listening on this thread. I just picked up one of these games and I love it. Run into an occasional problem that when I start the game the ball immediately thinks it’s been dropped into one of the holes even though it’s still on the rail. Is there a sensor that I can clean? I did take a blowgun and blew out all the holes to make sure there wasn’t spiderwebs or something in there. Thx

#54 2 years ago
Quoted from dpeck3:

Wondering if anybody is still listening on this thread.

I think people are still here..... I saw your post on fb nice pickup what did it run you?

Did you check the troubleshooting section in the manual? I believe i posted it in the first thread.

1 week later
#55 2 years ago

Folks are still here. Did you happen to figure out your program?

I had a problem last week where the game would not boot. When you boot the game its typically goes through about 7 tests and it was freezing on the 2 or 3rd one. Randomly, I added credits and it kept adding credits kind of like a count up until it got to 10 and then started up. Seems like some weird power supply issue but not sure. Works fine now.

1 week later
#56 2 years ago

Just joined the club with a sweet minty one. I really enjoy this version with the 12 holes and super smooth controls. I called ICE today and cabinet decals take 6 weeks so I am going to print my own. They also have hole sensors in stock, so I am going to grab a few of those for backup.

How are settings changed? dip switches on boards? I guess I should get the manual.

#57 2 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Just joined the club with a sweet minty one. I really enjoy this version with the 12 holes and super smooth controls. I called ICE today and cabinet decals take 6 weeks so I am going to print my own. They also have hole sensors in stock, so I am going to grab a few of those for backup.
How are settings changed? dip switches on boards? I guess I should get the manual.

Welcome aboard! If you figure out how to erase the high scores let us all know. Was there a cost to the decals?

#58 2 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Welcome aboard! If you figure out how to erase the high scores let us all know. Was there a cost to the decals?

Decals are $100 a set from ICE. I found some Taito ICB artwork online and cut out the bottom part that says Taito and made my own (see attached pic). I own a printing company so just going to print my own. I like the Taito artwork a little better anyway.

I am going to play with the settings this week if I can keep my family off of it long enough. hard as hell to get all 12 holes

379-3793421_ice-cold-beer-ice-cold-beer-arcade (1) (resized).png379-3793421_ice-cold-beer-ice-cold-beer-arcade (1) (resized).png
#59 2 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Decals are $100 a set from ICE. I found some Taito ICB artwork online and cut out the bottom part that says Taito and made my own (see attached pic). I own a printing company so just going to print my own. I like the Taito artwork a little better anyway.
I am going to play with the settings this week if I can keep my family off of it long enough. hard as hell to get all 12 holes
[quoted image]

Im Thrilled for you! It is a Great Game!

Sorry to jump in though, Were you going to use the long Decal?

At one time, I planned to do the same, but add the ICE in the Banner, or something else.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#60 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

At one time, I planned to do the same, but add the ICE in the Banner, or something else.[quoted image]

That would be awesome to get the longer decal on the sides. I’d pay for that!

#61 2 years ago

Yeah I really don't get the hype for Taito version over this. I'm really good at this version but I can't get all 12 without losing atleast one ball and sometimes all. That keeps it from getting dull.

That long decal minus the taito with ICE in the banner would be awesome.

Check the first post for helpful info.

#62 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

At one time, I planned to do the same, but add the ICE in the Banner, or something else.[quoted image]

Do you have some good artwork? I can have my graphics lady add the ICE and then print some.

#63 2 years ago
Quoted from Trizel:

Yeah I really don't get the hype for Taito version over this.

Collectors have infinitely more nostalgia for the 80's and the video arcade maker Taito then for the 2000's and redemption game maker I.C.E.

#64 2 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Do you have some good artwork? I can have my graphics lady add the ICE and then print some.

Sorry, No, I dont have any high res scans of the Taito Art....Im sure its out there, or perhaps someone can run a wand scanner for you.

Heres a large one I just grabbed online. its 12 x 36" approx. and should scale OK?
its from arcadeartrepro.com

IMG_9165-scaled (resized).jpgIMG_9165-scaled (resized).jpg
#65 2 years ago
Quoted from gutz:

Collectors have infinitely more nostalgia for the 80's and the video arcade maker Taito then for the 2000's and redemption game maker I.C.E.

Yeah I understand that, i just think ICE brings a better game experience that deserves some credit.

#66 2 years ago
Quoted from gutz:

Yes they do, but from a game play perspective the ICE version is better. More control over game play with difficulty settings, smoother controls, 12 holes, etc.. I do like the cabinet and artwork from the Taito version better, but that is it. I guess if I want one to stare at and not play I will find a zeke's peak or Taito ICB. My local arcade has 4 Taito's lined up that I play all the time and now that I have played the ICE version I can say game playl wise it is better.

#67 2 years ago

So ICE has the hole sensors in stock. Each hole has its own sensor numbered 1-12. You can buy an entire set of 12 for $108. I am ordering a set now since parts are pretty scarce. Figured it is good backup. Everything else is manageable, motors are same as Taito and the boards can be sent off for repair if needed.

XPK011408 (resized).jpgXPK011408 (resized).jpg
#68 2 years ago

Here is my first shot at side art. I had cut the bottom portion off that had Taito. I was worried about the quality of print once I blew the image up, but it turned out well. I would love to have some vector artwork. I printed these 16 inches wide. Since the ICE cabinet is so odd shaped that is as wide as I could go and still center the artwork on the cabinet.

20211109_114211 (resized).jpg20211109_114211 (resized).jpg

#69 2 years ago

Nice! Much more interested than the stock art.

#70 2 years ago

Just for the info I did talk to ICE a while back and they can produce the CPO if anyone needs it.

#71 2 years ago
Quoted from Trizel:

Just for the info I did talk to ICE a while back and they can produce the CPO if anyone needs it.

The girl I have been talking to in parts told me they can pretty much get whatever or have it made.

#72 2 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

The girl I have been talking to in parts told me they can pretty much get whatever or have it made.

Art wise I can see that. Outside of the hole sensors though parts, keys, locks, joysticks, boards, backglass I was told all are OOS and not sourceable.

#73 2 years ago

can someone post a picture of the ticket dispenser connections specifically the 2 pin. I purchased some tickets and all my dispenser connectors where disconnected. I do not think it would cause any issues if I accidentally hooked up wrong but don't want to take any chances.

#74 2 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

can someone post a picture of the ticket dispenser connections specifically the 2 pin.

Is this what you need

20211115_155544 (resized).jpg20211115_155544 (resized).jpg
#75 2 years ago
Quoted from Trizel:

Is this what you need [quoted image]

yes sir, thank you

2 weeks later
#76 2 years ago

Well I accidently reset the saved scores today. Hanging from my ticket dispenser was a micro switch I was curious what it did and found out it resets the saves.

#77 2 years ago
Quoted from Trizel:

Well I accidently reset the saved scores today. Hanging from my ticket dispenser was a micro switch I was curious what it did and found out it resets the saves.

What!! Show me the switch!!

#78 2 years ago

Found it. After all this time I can finally get on the board.

652A2A89-E556-4505-B918-0CFC5F8709DD (resized).jpeg652A2A89-E556-4505-B918-0CFC5F8709DD (resized).jpeg
#79 2 years ago

Found it. After all this time I can finally get on the board.
[quoted image]

Haha your welcome I'm just sad I lost my amazing score. Oh well time to get it back.

#80 2 years ago
Quoted from Trizel:

I hit that same switch and nothing gets reset on mine. Can you show the wiring config on your switch so I can see if mine is hooked up correctly.

#81 2 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Can you show the wiring config on your switch so I can see if mine is hooked up correctly.

Sorry for the delay.

Black and yellow with the switch button on the top and they run to this connector.

20211208_114643 (resized).jpg20211208_114643 (resized).jpg20211208_114804 (resized).jpg20211208_114804 (resized).jpg
#82 2 years ago
Quoted from Trizel:

Sorry for the delay.
Black and yellow with the switch button on the top and they run to this connector.[quoted image][quoted image]

Weird. Same setup as me and it does nothing. I checked continuity to the board and also tried just manually shorting the pins on the board and nothing. Has anyone just pulled the battery and tried?

#83 2 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Weird. Same setup as me and it does nothing. I checked continuity to the board and also tried just manually shorting the pins on the board and nothing. Has anyone just pulled the battery and tried?

Its your ticket dispenser hooked up? If I recall correctly I hooked that up as well before I could get the button to reset the scores.

#84 2 years ago

Its your ticket dispenser hooked up? If I recall correctly I hooked that up as well before I could get the button to reset the scores.

Yea, ticket dispenser is hooked up and currently working with tickets. My daughter loves it.

#85 2 years ago

This could be in conjuction with dip switch settings.

#86 2 years ago
Quoted from Trizel:

This could be in conjuction with dip switch settings.

possibly. I will have to mess with it more I guess. I was going to try to remove the battery but it seems like it is soldered to the board. Can anyone confirm? or has anyone removed the battery?

#87 2 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

possibly. I will have to mess with it more I guess. I was going to try to remove the battery but it seems like it is soldered to the board. Can anyone confirm? or has anyone removed the battery?

I was going to do the same but it’s fixed to the board. Didn’t want to risk trying to desolder a battery.

1 month later
#88 2 years ago

I had Robin add this version to the game list so it can be added to your collection if anyone is interested

#89 2 years ago

I'm surprised that I'm just now finding this thread. I've had my ICE version for probably close to 10 years now. I also used to own both this and the TAITO version for a while, but TAITO was so easy for me to repeatedly loop, where this version I can usually get to the twelfth hole, but have yet to hit it. Hence why TAITO left and ICE stayed, although I did prefer the TAITO art and sound package.

Just now reading about the high score reset and that worked like a charm for me. Back in the days I had tried everything, from un-soldering the battery to removing different chips and nothing worked. Crazy that it was just a dang switch button.

The one issue I've always had with mine is that it needs to be tricked to boot up. I know it's a capacitor issue, just could never discover which one. It's my own fault, as the machine was powered on for a while when I bought it, then went in the back of a truck for a 2 hour ride in 20 degree weather. Then I was a dum-dum to immediately turn it on when it got home while still being frozen. Now, the machine has to be on for a few minutes (only the fluorescents light), then when shut off I wait for a few seconds and power it back up. After doing this a few times, it will hold power and boot. When it's on and playing for a while and the powered down, it will boot back up with no issue. If anyone has any ideas on this one, I'd love to hear it!

#90 2 years ago
Quoted from LilRocky:

I'm surprised that I'm just now finding this thread. I've had my ICE version for probably close to 10 years now. I also used to own both this and the TAITO version for a while, but TAITO was so easy for me to repeatedly loop, where this version I can usually get to the twelfth hole, but have yet to hit it. Hence why TAITO left and ICE stayed, although I did prefer the TAITO art and sound package.
Just now reading about the high score reset and that worked like a charm for me. Back in the days I had tried everything, from un-soldering the battery to removing different chips and nothing worked. Crazy that it was just a dang switch button.
The one issue I've always had with mine is that it needs to be tricked to boot up. I know it's a capacitor issue, just could never discover which one. It's my own fault, as the machine was powered on for a while when I bought it, then went in the back of a truck for a 2 hour ride in 20 degree weather. Then I was a dum-dum to immediately turn it on when it got home while still being frozen. Now, the machine has to be on for a few minutes (only the fluorescents light), then when shut off I wait for a few seconds and power it back up. After doing this a few times, it will hold power and boot. When it's on and playing for a while and the powered down, it will boot back up with no issue. If anyone has any ideas on this one, I'd love to hear it!

This version is way harder than the Taito. My switch to reset high scores does not work and I can't figure that out but everything else works like a champ.

#91 2 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

This version is way harder than the Taito. My switch to reset high scores does not work and I can't figure that out but everything else works like a champ.

I'm assuming you tried holding down the switch for a few seconds? Did you also make sure that switch is getting proper connection?

The moment I read this forum I booted my machine (after my bs process, of course), held down the switch from the back for a few seconds, looked to the front and saw that all scores were reset. In my case, I have no ticket dispenser and that switch was just laying on the bottom of the cab.

#92 2 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I had Robin add this version to the game list so it can be added to your collection if anyone is interested

This is awesome thanks, I'm excited this thread is growing with new and existing owners.

#93 2 years ago
Quoted from LilRocky:

I'm assuming you tried holding down the switch for a few seconds? Did you also make sure that switch is getting proper connection?
The moment I read this forum I booted my machine (after my bs process, of course), held down the switch from the back for a few seconds, looked to the front and saw that all scores were reset. In my case, I have no ticket dispenser and that switch was just laying on the bottom of the cab.

hell yea man, thanks. I held the switch down for like 10 seconds and it reset the high scores. I was just clicking it real quickly once.

#94 2 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

hell yea man, thanks. I held the switch down for like 10 seconds and it reset the high scores. I was just clicking it real quickly once.

Awesome to hear you got the reset. I had posted a search for this reset on a number of forums, but never could find anyone who knew. Insane that it took a simple mistake to figure this one out.

#95 2 years ago

Well somewhat of a recovery after I accidentally cleared my highs scores but still 40 points off my best

20220119_105545 (resized).jpg20220119_105545 (resized).jpg
3 months later
#96 1 year ago

Has anyone dumped the roms for this? I'm trying to repair a PCB and wanted to double check the ones in my board are good, not getting any boot up just one character on the display.

IMG_4722 (resized).jpegIMG_4722 (resized).jpeg
#97 1 year ago
Quoted from SDAmusements:

Has anyone dumped the roms for this? I'm trying to repair a PCB and wanted to double check the ones in my board are good, not getting any boot up just one character on the display.

Have you tried contacting the manufacturer? They are still around and probably still have the ROM code stored on file.

https://www.icegame.com/contact-us

2 weeks later
#98 1 year ago

Would anyone be willing to unplug the ribbon cable and see what happens when turned on? Trying to figure out if my main board or display board is bad!

#99 1 year ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Sorry, No, I dont have any high res scans of the Taito Art....Im sure its out there, or perhaps someone can run a wand scanner for you.
Heres a large one I just grabbed online. its 12 x 36" approx. and should scale OK?
its from arcadeartrepro.com[quoted image]

Taitel lol.

4 months later
#100 1 year ago

Hello Everyone... Just discovered this thread. Long time owner if ICE ICB! I was noticing that there aren't schematics on this thread. Should we upload them? I have noticed that as my game gets older it gets more "finicky". The sound on mine sounds like a blown speaker sometimes. The pot is good and the speaker is good too, going to try and replace the IC chip on the board. My board has nothing securing the chip to the board and no heat transfer gel either. The chip gets blistering hot though.

Also, once in a blue moon the rod will drop to retrieve the ball but not return to the playable area (you can raise the bar with the joysticks though). If anyone needs me to upload the schematics of the boards and cabinet let me know. If anyone has info on the small issues I am having with my cabinet let me know!!! Thanks and glad to meet y'all!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 131 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ice-cold-beer-by-innovative-concepts-entertainment/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.