New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 181662)

Ice Cold Beer by I.C.E. malfunctioning

By MiVeck

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by pogoseven
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

Hi Everyone,
    Hoping someone may be able to help me. A couple of weeks ago I bought the above machine and suddenly 3 days ago, the machine will not work. When I power it up, the ball rod moves at a severe angle and although it does stop, the motors keep churning. Also, all the leds are stay lit as do the 2 buttons on the controls panel...and the game will not coin up. I replaced the power supply and cleaned off the hole sensors but still not working. Any help is greatly appreciated...thank you!

#2 3 years ago

I'm no help, but have you tried calling ICE? Even if they wouldn't go through it with you step by step, maybe they've heard of the issue and can quickly identify it.

#3 3 years ago

Thanks for your note. I didn't even think to call them for tech support as I did so for parts and they only had 2 remaining. I will reach out to them...thanks again!

2 years later
    #4 1 year ago

hey all,

new here and I know this is an old thread...

was hoping someone could help me with my I.C.E. ice cold beer machine. got new belts, motors working great. all sensors come up green on start-up. can play 10+ rounds fine sometimes, no issue.

other times, as soon as you touch the controls the game resets with the 'oooh' losing noise. this will continue happening until the next day after the game sits I try and seems to work OK.

sensors are clean and working fine. trough switch is fine. I've tilted the machine forwards to play and backwards. same issues as above in both orientations.

Thanks in advance guys. glad to be apart of the community.

#5 1 year ago

Are the controls grounded?

#6 1 year ago

I've got a ICE ICB that's got similar reset problems. Game will run for a few days sometimes without issue, then resets. Too unreliable to put on location. Voltage on power supply looks good. I'm looking for suggestions...

-Greg

#7 1 year ago

I'm curious creech927 & pogoseven: after playing the first game and in attract mode do you get different colors flickering on the lights for the holes that score points? I have some screwy behavior on my game that cause the game to go into error 91 on occasion when a coin is inserted and seems to happen randomly. I've replaced and adjusted the power supply, recapped the mpu, replaced both coin switches and installed correct brand new 12v coin counters to no avail.

#8 1 year ago

I’ve never seen quite that behavior.

Quoted from Thrillhouse:

I'm curious creech927 & pogoseven: after playing the first game and in attract mode do you get different colors flickering on the lights for the holes that score points? I have some screwy behavior on my game that cause the game to go into error 91 on occasion when a coin is inserted and seems to happen randomly. I've replaced and adjusted the power supply, recapped the mpu, replaced both coin switches and installed correct brand new 12v coin counters to no avail.

#9 1 year ago

controls are grounded. yes.

and although the trough switch tested good, we decided to take it out and take it apart and check connections and clean it up because it seemed like the only possible thing to make it reset during play (in our minds).

it all checked out but since we've reinstalled it, it has not acted up in a week. it's been on during business hours and has been played, not heavily, but a good bit.

fingers crossed.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Lighting - Interactive
    TheDudeMods
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 26.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 99.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 119.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 1,000.00
    Playfields
    Pinball Playfields
    $ 35.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Ramp-O-Matic
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 22.00
    $ 19.95
    Cabinet - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Haus
    € 8.10
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Mods for your pinballs
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 10.50
    Playfield - Protection
    The MOD Couple
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 149.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Back Alley Creations

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside