Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 485 posts
  • 88 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by yowoody
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8113 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170902_153825533.jpg
    IMG_20170902_154558999.jpg
    IMG_20170902_154535844.jpg
    IMG_20170902_155034223.jpg
    IMG_20170902_160951340_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170902_161034671_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170902_161108009_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170902_161021922_HDR.jpg
    131097.jpg
    IMG_0181.jpg
    IMG_0170.jpg
    IMG_0183.jpg
    IMG_0176.jpg
    IMG_0169.jpg
    IMG_0165.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fredrikpj.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#150 10 years ago

That black on black metal theme looks amazing, do you also make them with that backside hole for fitting a jambox? (I actually have one that I'm not using).

Anyways, I'm a diehard pinball fan and would love to get my hands on one of these
    I've sent you a pm sotie..

1 week later
    #205 10 years ago

Which iPad have you got Brian?
    I know that iPad 3 was the first that got a bluetooth 4.0 upgrade..

#216 10 years ago

iOS 7 is a bit more taxing on the cpu, so iPad 2 users might notice slight delays from time to time when playing.
    But that's what they always do though, not just Apple. They add features to make the new systems more taxing on old units so that people want to upgrade. Not really a bad thing in my book though, means I can ignore older systems faster when developing

1 week later
    #237 10 years ago

Sotie, you're a genius!
    Im extremely happy with the cabinet, absolutely top notch stuff this!
    So, how do I go about adding you guys to pinball arcade?

#244 10 years ago
    Quoted from sotie:

Thanks. I'm very happy you like it! Glad it made the overseas trip without shipping issues too.
    I'm not sure what you mean about "adding you guys to The Pinball Arcade"?

I mean adding you as friends on the iPad app, you can compare scores on each table with friends (if you've logged in in the app).
    I think you add me through game center, my account there is: [email protected]

#283 10 years ago

Thought I'd just make a small mention that it's very much possible to play Zen Pinball with this pinball cabinet

All you need is a jailbroken iPad and the Blutrol app from Cydia.
    Blutrol basically maps the buttons to simulate on screen presses. No lag and it works great!

Let me know if you want me to upload how I've set it up in Blutrol

#285 10 years ago

Theres tons of info about it, just google it.
    Basically though, never update after you've jailbroken your device. You should restore your device in that case from iTunes, this removes jailbreak. Also, know what you're installing. It makes sense for me to jailbreak since I also use the iCade arcade cabinet and can now install emulators for arcade games.

This is what the page I visit say about it (translated from swedish):

What are the risks with jailbreak?

There is always risk in having their iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch or Apple TV jailbroken because it opens the file system. The risk of any physical damage to your unit because of the jailbreak is very small. However, one should be aware of what to do with their jailbreak, since many of the apps available on Cydia are not approved by Apple and can really contain anything. At worst, someone can access your information on your device.

However, it is always possible to restore the device and get rid of everything related to the jailbreak. Worth pointing out is that the jailbreak removes any warranty from Apple and the operator temporarily. But the jailbreak is reversible, however, regaining the warranty anytime - as long as it is possible to boot the machine.

1 year later
    #431 8 years ago

Hi Sotie!
    Just wanted to thank you once again for the lovely pinball cabinet you made for me, many people have been very impressed by it and wondered where to buy.
    I still play on it from time to time and besides being great fun to use, it also looks great in my mancave next to my modified arcade cabinet with pac man statue + ghost lamp in the center

https://instagram.com/p/fU_0DFkJO0/

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fredrikpj.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/icade-mini-cabinet-for-ipad?tu=fredrikpj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.