6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 485 posts
  • 88 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by yowoody
  • Topic is favorited by 47 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 113 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_8113 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170902_153825533.jpg
    IMG_20170902_154558999.jpg
    IMG_20170902_154535844.jpg
    IMG_20170902_155034223.jpg
    IMG_20170902_160951340_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170902_161034671_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170902_161108009_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170902_161021922_HDR.jpg
    131097.jpg
    IMG_0181.jpg
    IMG_0170.jpg
    IMG_0183.jpg
    IMG_0176.jpg
    IMG_0169.jpg
    IMG_0165.jpg

There are 485 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 10.
    #401 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball4life:

Hi Sotie....are you going to be making these again? I would love to order one!! Thanks...

+1 me too Metalic one looks great

#402 5 years ago

Will IPad Air also work with the iCade?

#403 5 years ago
    Quoted from Chet:

If I recall, it only uses the Bluetooth of the iPad, and since the architecture of the air is about the same, I would think it would fit / work.

#404 5 years ago
    Quoted from Chet:

Yes.

#405 5 years ago

Great. Thanks.

#406 5 years ago

Yeah...I probably would have to get one of these as well if he builds them again. Too cool to pass up!

#407 5 years ago

I Love My "Sprite" Mini Pin!

#408 5 years ago
    Quoted from Wild1:

I Love My "Sprite" Mini Pin!

You sure??? I mean we couldn't tell

#409 5 years ago

Ok...chef.

7 months later
    #410 4 years ago

Sotie,

Just bought an icade core!
    Love your mini cabinet.
    Can you give me some measurements for cutting the wood/laminate?
    Want to make a mini Black Knight 2000

Hope to hear from you!

Greats,
    Jan from the Netherlands

#411 4 years ago
    Quoted from eatmydust:

Sotie,
    Just bought an icade core!
    Love your mini cabinet.
    Can you give me some measurements for cutting the wood/laminate?
    Want to make a mini Black Knight 2000
    Hope to hear from you!
    Greats,
    Jan from the Netherlands

Send me a PM.

#412 4 years ago

I built a mini pinball machine recently using the Pinball Arcade front end with a PC tablet. If you want to build a mini pinball machine without using and IPad and Bluetooth. Plans, videos, and pics are on my site at

http://www.pinballsupernova.com/mini%20pinball%20buildout%20pg1.html

Blog: http://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pbsupernova?ref=hl

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYkP5URZoS8NApETWc7uBmA/feed?view_as=public

1 month later
    #413 4 years ago

Sotie,

I see you are not making the cabinets anymore. I have an icade core that I have added side buttons to play Pinball Arcade. Seeing how Pinball Arcade seems to be the only game I really play with the icade I would like to build a cabinet like yours. Is it possible to get plans from you so I can build one myself? Additionally, could I get information on where you sourced parts like the back glass, button and lock down bar? Do you happen to have a Pinball Arcade back glass left for when you were making them? Thanks.

Jimchan66

#414 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jimchan66:

Sotie,
    I see you are not making the cabinets anymore. I have an icade core that I have added side buttons to play Pinball Arcade. Seeing how Pinball Arcade seems to be the only game I really play with the icade I would like to build a cabinet like yours. Is it possible to get plans from you so I can build one myself? Additionally, could I get information on where you sourced parts like the back glass, button and lock down bar? Do you happen to have a Pinball Arcade back glass left for when you were making them? Thanks.
    Jimchan66

I do not have plans written up for it. The lockdown bar is a real problem and that was a major reason why I haven't made anymore. I found a source that had a big box of brand new lockdown bars from an early 80's table. I purchased his entire stock of them for less than $30 each. It would cost a lot more than that to buy new lockdowns from any other source that I'm aware of. Buttons can be found easily on the internet and I use plexiglass for the backglass which is also easy to come by.

I'm not saying I won't be making them again later on.

#415 4 years ago

Sotie,
    I am planning on make one myself. I have some stock that may work in place of the lockdown bar. Could I get the File for you with the Pinball Arcade graphic for the back glass? Any help would be appreciated.

#416 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jimchan66:

Sotie,
    I am planning on make one myself. I have some stock that may work in place of the lockdown bar. Could I get the File for you with the Pinball Arcade graphic for the back glass? Any help would be appreciated.

Sounds like you're already underway but you might also try posting a WTB to see if any current owners are ready to sell.

2 weeks later
    #417 4 years ago

Sotie and other Pinheads how the hell are y'all doin?

Sotie Thanks Again! and I hope you are doing well sir.

Howdy From The Colony,Texas!!!

My vacation is just around the corner again this year for my second time to revisit "The Texas
    Pinball Festival" March 27-29. Who here is going to the show?? Its less than 15 minutes from my house.

I still play my mini Icade daily for over a year now.

The new "Physics Engine" update (TODAY) on "Zaccaria Pinball" App.work excellent on Soties mini marvel and "TimeShock" is also perfect on this Icade machine.

(I Highly Recommend These Two Apps.) Don't Delay Trust Me.

I would never sell my mini it works perfect I have never had an issue since I bought mine from Sotie.

[I call mine the Lemon-Lime "Sprite" machine.]

image.jpg

#418 4 years ago

Glad to hear you're still enjoying it so much!!

#419 4 years ago

Sotie there would be no "Hesitation" ever from me I would do repeat business with you anytime gladly.
    You are extremely professional at what you do the love and care is there my friend.
    I treat my mini pinball with much care when not in use it's covered up like my game systems no dust it's like new still not a scratch on it. I don't think I have ever even changed the batteries yet damn.
    Thanks again and it's great to hear from you it's been awhile.

1 week later
    #420 4 years ago

I would like to have one built... Please contact me with price details. Thank you.

#421 4 years ago
    Quoted from Barcodeable:

I would like to have one built... Please contact me with price details. Thank you.

Sorry, I'm not making them right now.

#422 4 years ago

That's very unfortunate But I do greatly appreciate your reply.... If (by chance) you ever change your mind, don't hesitate to contact me, and I would also include extra $$$ for any inconvenience.

#423 4 years ago

As mentioned before the main hangup was lockdown bar supply / cost.

#424 4 years ago

I purchased one from Sotie early on. I do not play it much so would be willing to sell it if anyone wants is interested.

It is in perfect shape and was made so that you can leave the case on the iPad so you don't have to remove it when you want to play.

PM me if interested

Ed

#425 4 years ago

PM sent

1 week later
    #426 4 years ago

I was so excited working through this thread... Now I know they are no longer made.

#427 4 years ago
    Quoted from buggysdad:

I was so excited working through this thread... Now I know they are no longer made.

Try posting a WTB ad -- maybe you'll find another owner that's ready to let theirs go!

2 months later
    #428 4 years ago

Hello everyone,

I'm new (and late) to this thread but I'm actually looking for an Ipad pinball cabinet like Sotie's cabinet.
    If someone have one to sell, I'm very interested!!!!!!! Please send PM.
    I live in Quebec City, Canada.

Thanks!!!!!!

3 weeks later
    #429 4 years ago

Somebody have one to sell??????

#430 4 years ago

Ok... Planning of building my own
    But still open to buy one if someone wants to sell

Thanks

1 month later
    #431 4 years ago

Hi Sotie!
    Just wanted to thank you once again for the lovely pinball cabinet you made for me, many people have been very impressed by it and wondered where to buy.
    I still play on it from time to time and besides being great fun to use, it also looks great in my mancave next to my modified arcade cabinet with pac man statue + ghost lamp in the center

https://instagram.com/p/fU_0DFkJO0/

#432 4 years ago
    Quoted from fredrikpj:

Hi Sotie!
    Just wanted to thank you once again for the lovely pinball cabinet you made for me, many people have been very impressed by it and wondered where to buy.
    I still play on it from time to time and besides being great fun to use, it also looks great in my mancave next to my modified arcade cabinet with pac man statue + ghost lamp in the center
    https://instagram.com/p/fU_0DFkJO0/

Thanks for the kind words!

#433 4 years ago

Who would be in on a little bit larger version for the new iPad pro? If we can get Sotie to make a few? First thing I thought of when I saw the largest iPad yet to be offered.

#434 4 years ago

Having a ipad pro doesn't mean that TPA will play bigger.The aspect ratio might be too big for a pinball table.If they make it fit.It will look stretched.It would be like playing a ultra-wide boby pin.

#435 4 years ago

Still loving mine, another thank you. image.jpg

#436 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinzzz:

Having a ipad pro doesn't mean that TPA will play bigger.The aspect ratio might be too big for a pinball table.If they make it fit.It will look stretched.It would be like playing a ultra-wide boby pin.

You think that is how it will be? Maybe they will update the apps to make them look correct? I guess we should wait and see before we request a custom cabinet.

#437 4 years ago

Why would a bigger ipad look any different? Those games look the same on a phone, ipad mini or ipad... they are all the same aspect ratio...

#438 4 years ago

If it looks decent I hope we can have sotie build a larger version.

#439 4 years ago

Ipad Pro is being released in November. If Sotie does a limited run of cabs for it? I'd be interested in one.

#440 4 years ago
    Quoted from bub2010:

Why would a bigger ipad look any different? Those games look the same on a phone, ipad mini or ipad... they are all the same aspect ratio...

mathematical specs suggests you will probably see more of the floor in TPA.Or black borders on side.Or the tables will look Fat.Due to ipad pro dimensions.
    But with Zen Pinball,They have alot of graphics on the sides.So aspect ratio should be fine.

Regardless,iPad Pro will be in my hands on release day.And I will report back with the results.

#441 4 years ago

I think if it works and if sotie will modify the specs it would be cool.

#442 4 years ago

It will look the same when holding the iPad Pro in portrait mode. iPad retina resolution is 2048x1536 while iPad Pro resolution is 2732x2048... both are 1.333 aspect ratio.

#443 4 years ago

Better question is Sotie even planning on making these again? Lol

#444 4 years ago

In for another run!

#445 4 years ago

I have one too up for sale at the right price
    I can post pics if there's any interest....pm me.

I think I paid 350 ish

#446 4 years ago

Guys or Gals, Chime in and let SOTIE know if you would be interested in an icade for the new larger iPad Pro. Maybe if we show interest he might make a few. Even that dreaded word PREORDER!!!!!!.

#447 4 years ago

Bump for interest!

#448 4 years ago

Would be interested!

#449 4 years ago

Ipad pro version interested

#450 4 years ago

Me too

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Pinball Machine
    Monster Bash Remake Out of stock
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 149.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company
    € 3.70
    $ 35.00
    $ 23.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    The MOD Couple
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 89.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    € 222.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Buthamburg
    Boards
    KAHR.US Circuits
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 89.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 29.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 15.00
    $ 18.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 64.99
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    There are 485 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 10.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside