Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 485 posts
  • 88 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by yowoody
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8113 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170902_153825533.jpg
    IMG_20170902_154558999.jpg
    IMG_20170902_154535844.jpg
    IMG_20170902_155034223.jpg
    IMG_20170902_160951340_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170902_161034671_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170902_161108009_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170902_161021922_HDR.jpg
    131097.jpg
    IMG_0181.jpg
    IMG_0170.jpg
    IMG_0183.jpg
    IMG_0176.jpg
    IMG_0169.jpg
    IMG_0165.jpg
    There are 485 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 10.
    #351 10 years ago

So can we buy a cab like this with flipper buttons yet? Does it charge the iPad while plugged in?

#352 10 years ago

Yes, these cabs come with realistic flipper buttons. It does not charge the ipad because the ipad is not connected to anything. The ipad connects to the cab wirelessly via bluetooth. You can route a charging cable into the cab from the rear if necessary.

#353 10 years ago

Just the tip of my left index finger is numb now. It's starting to feel better by the hour. I now expect I will be fine soon. I'm patient. I'm going to try out some of those backglasses now, and then hit TPA for a few matches. I love table pack 20!

#354 10 years ago

They fit perfectly sotie! I will send the images starting in the morning tomorrow to sotie. Then anyone wishing to see any of the 40 backglasses that would like them for themselves can see them. Sotie will be able to email you what they look like if you want any of them for your cabs. It sure adds real variety to these cabs. I love the multiple backglasses to mix it up. I am sure he will post some of them on here.

Revenge From Mars is EPIC!!!! It was made for this cab. It looks as shocking as that blue Super Mario cab looks. This is clearly the backglass for this cab. I will take a shot and sotie I am sure will post that one for you all to see. You have to see this one for sure. The Incredible Hulk looks crazy good too.

I love the blue metallic cabs but I am glad I went green as all the backglasses look natural in it. There is more green in the backglasses than blue so they just look like they were meant for this cab.

#355 10 years ago

Hey Mick, just catching up now tot his thread.
    So glad you're tough as nails and have a great attitude.
    You SF guys are bad asses!
    Wishing you a great recovery and much TPA/Sotie cab therapeutic fun.

#356 10 years ago

I just wanted to say I received mine a couple weeks ago and the workmanship is excellent!!

It really makes the pinball experience on the ipad feel almost like your on the original pinball table just need a little imagination for the 3 dimensional part of the experience.

#357 10 years ago
    Quoted from flyhigh:

I just wanted to say I received mine a couple weeks ago and the workmanship is excellent!!
    It really makes the pinball experience on the ipad feel almost like your on the original pinball table just need a little imagination for the 3 dimensional part of the experience.

So glad to hear you're enjoying it!

#358 10 years ago

Just finished up another Green Metallic Shimmer.

Next up is a new color... Black Metallic Shimmer.

IMG_0408.JPGIMG_0408.JPG
    IMG_0407.JPGIMG_0407.JPG

#359 10 years ago

#360 10 years ago

R.I.P. Paul Walker.image.jpgimage.jpg

#361 10 years ago

I want one too. PM sent.

#362 10 years ago

Black METALLIC SHIMMER!! (Click on the image to see the original high-resolution photo)

IMG_0479-597.JPGIMG_0479-597.JPG

#363 10 years ago
    Quoted from sotie:

Just finished up another Green Metallic Shimmer.
    Next up is a new color... Black Metallic Shimmer.

now i miss my haunted house pin.
    still wish i hadn't sold that one.

#364 10 years ago

I received my little pin from Sotie about 10 days ago (The last one Sotie has a pic of!). First let me say he's a great communicator and he was totally cool through the whole process. I went for the (shimmery) green with the green, red, and black buttons (Thanks Tigershark1968 I hope you're feeling better!). I was really busy at work when it came in, but, I took a moment to open it to make sure it wasn't damaged. This thing was well packed and it had arrived safely. I took a few minutes to put it together and since I had my iPad all ready to go. I just sync'd up the Bluetooth and BAM! I was playing virtual pinball!! It's…. kick ass! This thing is a blast. I was really worried about spending the cash but man I'm glad I did. Playing pinball on my full size "Taxi" or "Firepower" is one of the coolest leisure time things I can do. Playing pinball in software is something I wanted to explore more and this little machine has afforded me the opportunity to try it out without committing to a full sized virtual pin. Finally I can use my middle finger to shoot and kind of simulate the way I play the real thing. It's heavy, it's really cool to look at, and it's a lot of fun to play P.A. on. Thanks Sotie!!

#365 10 years ago
    Quoted from PullBackNFlipOut:

I received my little pin from Sotie about 10 days ago (The last one Sotie has a pic of!). First let me say he's a great communicator and he was totally cool through the whole process. I went for the (shimmery) green with the green, red, and black buttons (Thanks Tigershark1968 I hope you're feeling better!). I was really busy at work when it came in, but, I took a moment to open it to make sure it wasn't damaged. This thing was well packed and it had arrived safely. I took a few minutes to put it together and since I had my iPad all ready to go. I just sync'd up the Bluetooth and BAM! I was playing virtual pinball!! It's…. kick ass! This thing is a blast. I was really worried about spending the cash but man I'm glad I did. Playing pinball on my full size "Taxi" or "Firepower" is one of the coolest leisure time things I can do. Playing pinball in software is something I wanted to explore more and this little machine has afforded me the opportunity to try it out without committing to a full sized virtual pin. Finally I can use my middle finger to shoot and kind of simulate the way I play the real thing. It's heavy, it's really cool to look at, and it's a lot of fun to play P.A. on. Thanks Sotie!!

Thanks so much for the kind words. I'm really glad you're happy with it!!!

#366 10 years ago

Finished this one yesterday. Chrome lockdown bar with polished siderails.

IMG_0505.JPGIMG_0505.JPGIMG_0504.JPGIMG_0504.JPGIMG_0502.JPGIMG_0502.JPGIMG_0503.JPGIMG_0503.JPG

#367 10 years ago

Here's the one painted with Metallic Black Shimmer. Finished it today. I tried to get decent photographs of the "shimmer effect" but the sun wasn't hitting it right.

IMG_0511.JPGIMG_0511.JPGIMG_0513.JPGIMG_0513.JPGIMG_0517.JPGIMG_0517.JPGIMG_0515.JPGIMG_0515.JPG

#368 10 years ago

Nice work Sotie as usual! Happy Holidays to you and your family!

#369 10 years ago
    Quoted from Wild1:

Nice work Sotie as usual! Happy Holidays to you and your family!

Same to you and yours!

#370 10 years ago
    Quoted from flippman:

Hey Mick, just catching up now tot his thread.
    So glad you're tough as nails and have a great attitude.
    You SF guys are bad asses!
    Wishing you a great recovery and much TPA/Sotie cab therapeutic fun.

Attitude is everything. I did a post about what happened to me and to tell my friends to watch for the warning signs. One of my friends on that flower hybridizing forum didn't like what he was hearing when I mentioned the warning signs. He went in to his doctors office the very next day and they rushed him immediately to the hospital. He went through the same surgery I just went though. He thankfully avoided the heart attack by catching it before the inevitable happened to him. My buddy John's right Coronary Artery was 90% blocked. So he was probably just a few days to a week away from having what happened to me...also happen to him.

It's the little things like that you have to appreciate in life. A few simple words in a post and one of my friends and colleagues in the flower hybridizing business avoided what happened to me. You either grow and become a more sensible and better person or you crawl up, cry and feel sorry for yourself. Life is about living...no matter how hard it is and how much pain you have to endure. Pain lets you know you are alive.

I am in tremendous pain at times, but I am hacking it. I refused to get on pills to control the pain. I will endure this and get through it the old fashioned way. I signed up for the highest physical therapy sessions. I start 8 weeks of running on Tread mills, rowing machines etc to get back to where I was sort of before. I have lost 10 lbs. So I am nearly in perfect weight for my 6' 1" frame. If I can't eat junk food, then I want door number two. I want to look like I did when I was 19 going in hot into a drop zone. I want my 12 pack back. It's all about setting goals and doing what you should have been doing instead of eating a bag of chips. I know that now. Painful lesson learned. LOL

Those are some Kick A$$ cabinets you guys all had done by sotie lately guys!!!!! That black one is killer! I am most happy though to see a clone of my mini cab. I have my Lord Of The Rings backglass in now. I will get photos up when I can. I have to take them outside to get the light right and it's frigging -40 out there right now.

Take care guys and have a great holiday season if I miss getting in here before then. The therapy is going to have me pretty busy for the next few months.

#371 10 years ago

I hope someone goes for a cabinet with the red sparkle paint. I bet that will look insanely cool.

#372 10 years ago

Yeah, the red with the chrome would look cool :0)

#373 10 years ago

The Ruby Red Slipper Version.

#374 10 years ago

I was thinking more like a 68 Camaro :0) But the slippers works!

1 week later
    #375 10 years ago

My thought was The Ruby Slipper edition too. This shimmer paint has that kind of effect going on. I bet the look would be very similar to the Ruby Slippers from Oz. It would also look like an electric guitar for colour too. So Guitar Red or Rock Star Red would work too. I just want to see one done. It should be done with a chrome lock down and black side rails. That chrome on black look is by far the most bling-bling look so far. The Black Side rails really help keep your concentration on the iPad's screen. Less distractions equals higher scores and more immersive game play.

So I highly suggest going black side rails to everyone buying one of these builds. I know the polished metal looks good, but you must think about the more narrow playfield you have. On a full sized pinball machine you have a lot of area to focus your eyes on. With the much smaller iPad screen size you end up noticing everything in your peripheral vision outside of the screen itself. I find the black side rails keep the eyes from straying from the screen. Due to I bought a black on Aluminum Ipad 4 I have the black plastic face instead of the white face. This allows me to not use the plastic overlay sotie includes in the build. The Black side rails darken that area up enough to allow me to focus only on the action on the screen.

Happy New Year everyone.

#376 10 years ago

In seeing this last post I was wondering about the white bezel since probably 50% of us likely have a white bezel model. I agree with what tiger said. The more dead the outside of screen area is the more focused you will be on the screen. Theater room ceilings are the same principle. After painting a ceiling in a theater room black as opposed to rafters or a white drywall is a world of difference.

#377 10 years ago
    Quoted from bub2010:

In seeing this last post I was wondering about the white bezel since probably 50% of us likely have a white bezel model. I agree with what tiger said. The more dead the outside of screen area is the more focused you will be on the screen. Theater room ceilings are the same principle. After painting a ceiling in a theater room black as opposed to rafters or a white drywall is a world of difference.

I include a custom cut bezel which fits over the iPad when installed in the cabinet so the iPad's bezel (white or black) is completed obscured from view while playing. If you look closely at the pictures I've posted you can see it in many of them.

#378 10 years ago

Here's a picture to show the difference between the regular black speckled paint (closest cab)
    and the more expensive black metallic shimmer paint.
    The speckled paint also adds texture and a somewhat ruggedized look and feel,
    while the metallic black is smooth.
    My bud and I are split on which one we prefer but hopefully this can help you make your own decision.
    DSC_0196.jpgDSC_0196.jpg

#379 10 years ago

After 3 months of having the BOP version, I still love it! Worth the $ for sure!

#380 10 years ago

From that angle personally I like the upper one better, but that light angle does show the bumps more than most typical indoor light situations would. In person from a distance I imagine they don't look nearly as different. I will say though as someone that has painted my fair share of stuff the crackle or hammertone stuff is much easier to paint since it hides its own paint imperfections.

Sotie.. yea... I think I may had seen the bezel in a picture and wondered if there was a frame cover, but never specifically saw a post that mentioned it or singled it out.

#381 10 years ago

I still think my skittles machine has the buttons of choice!

#382 10 years ago

Yes to each his own and they both look nice and the same from afar.
    More power to you for the skittle buttons Tmezel!
    I love my custom yellow START button. I'm curious to see if others will be getting those in the future too,
    T'was a must-have for me!

#383 10 years ago

I would always select the shimmer paint. You just have no idea how good it looks until you see it in person. Photos will not capture the lighting effects the naked eye can see.

2 weeks later
    #384 10 years ago

All the way from Holland: This is something from heaven...I need one! I'll contact you Sotie!

2 weeks later
    #385 10 years ago

I just installed this mini bluetooth speaker inside the pinball cabinet and it sounds great for how small it is. Much better sound than what the iPad speaker produces.

http://www.jbl.com/estore/jbl/us/products/JBL-Micro-Wireless/JBL%20MICRO%20WIRELESS_JBL_US

2 weeks later
    #386 10 years ago

Ok, question: have not played my cab for a while, and now the buttons are assigned wrong. probably an east fix, but i cant seem to find it.

thanks!

1 month later
    #387 10 years ago

I Sotie,

i'm Arnaud, i live in france and my dream is your cab!!
    would you be ok for me to make one?
    Thank's for your reply

#388 10 years ago

So can it be made with an iPad mini and a big jam box?

3 weeks later
    #389 9 years ago

Sotie, I would like to buy one of these from you but I can't seem to reach you through Pinside's mail system :/ Do you have another way I can reach you?

Best,
    Brian

#390 9 years ago

I'll probably start building them again this summer.

#391 9 years ago

Thanks for the update, Sotie! I'll keep my eye on this thread for your update. I just got my first pin- a prototype Tales from the Crypt, now with alternate translite- so Im totally hooked of course on the Pinball Arcade now as well

1 week later
    #392 9 years ago

Hello Sotie! I am new to this forum and love your work! I would like to buy one from you Please let me know the info or pm me! Thank you so much

Tony

#393 9 years ago
    Quoted from TonyScoots:

Hello Sotie! I am new to this forum and love your work! I would like to buy one from you Please let me know the info or pm me! Thank you so much
    Tony

Not making them at the moment.

#394 9 years ago

Hello everyone,
    I like someone I can not wait wait Sotie starts to build a cab, I decided to do it myself.
    I'm not very manual and I think anyone can get a nice result.
    I will post you the state of play
    thereafter there will even be functional ball launcher

#395 9 years ago

// Error: Image 235633 not found //

#396 9 years ago

// Error: Image 235634 not found //

// Error: Image 235635 not found //
    #397 9 years ago

it is only the assembly, nothing is definitive as you can see
    I punched holes that were too high, I have sanded and painted black lacquer
    I expect the ordered buttons, and I'll also put it on feet
    I think it will be quite realistic
    Moreover I will make but also the exact dimensions of the ipad air
    it's great to spend time ladessus and I confess that it starts to get pricey
    me it also remains a corner of the locking bar to the first I took 1 hour to do, but the resulting output is not bad
    if you need my dimension cab do not hesitate!

Arnaud

1 week later
    #398 9 years ago

What's up Sotie? I'am still loving my custom "Sprite" Mini Pin.
    No issues at all still works perfect since I bought mine from you last September.
    Nice to see you are building Pins again this Summer. I'am sure you needed a break from all the hard work you have been putting into all those custom pins you have built for Pinheads around the world. Whew!!!! Great Job!
    Take Care.

#399 9 years ago
    Quoted from Wild1:

What's up Sotie? I'am still loving my custom "Sprite" Mini Pin.
    No issues at all still works perfect since I bought mine from you last September.
    Nice to see you are building Pins again this Summer. I'am sure you needed a break from all the hard work you have been putting into all those custom pins you have built for Pinheads around the world. Whew!!!! Great Job!
    Take Care.

Glad to hear you're still enjoying it.

#400 9 years ago

Hi Sotie....are you going to be making these again? I would love to order one!! Thanks...

There are 485 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/icade-mini-cabinet-for-ipad/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.