Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 485 posts
  • 88 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by yowoody
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8113 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170902_153825533.jpg
    IMG_20170902_154558999.jpg
    IMG_20170902_154535844.jpg
    IMG_20170902_155034223.jpg
    IMG_20170902_160951340_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170902_161034671_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170902_161108009_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170902_161021922_HDR.jpg
    131097.jpg
    IMG_0181.jpg
    IMG_0170.jpg
    IMG_0183.jpg
    IMG_0176.jpg
    IMG_0169.jpg
    IMG_0165.jpg
    There are 485 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 10.
    #251 10 years ago
    Quoted from bub2010:

In regard to the lockdown bar supply... so how's the search going? I am doubting you'll ever find them as cheap as you had gotten them before, but just wondering how much that'll bump up the cost of a unit.....? For what it is worth Pinball life does have some really cheap black ones. I think these are just about $30 more than what you had.
    http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2090
    On another note... there is a guy in this forum here that does custom ones... only problem... they do look a bit plain and they are $75 regardless of size, but having said that they could be tailored specifically to scale with the cabinet properly. As good as the cabs do look the scale of the lockdown bar is one of the things that does look a bit off. Here is a link to the 12th page or so of this forum where you can see one of them.
    http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?8461-**UPDATED**-Custom-Sized-Lockdown-Bars-75!/page12

Thanks for the info. I haven't done any searching yet because all my time has been devoted to making these cabinets. I guess I'll search when I run out of my existing supply. A friend knows a local metal fabricator so I'll probably start there first.

I disagree about the scale of the lockdown bar making it look off. Also, since I'm using real lockdown bars they feel realistic, if it were anything smaller it wouldn't have that real pinball feeling and that is what I'm going for.

For anyone else that still wants to order... I think I have about 8 or 9 lockdown bars left which aren't reserved yet. They're all brand new bars straight from the factory; never installed on a machine. After my supply is depleted I might not be building any more of these if I can't find a suitable alternative.

#252 10 years ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

Ok I want one!
    With out reading the whole thread
    How much$
    And how do I order?

I'll send you a PM.

#253 10 years ago
    Quoted from Tmezel:

The original jam box is being discontinued. They are making a smaller version.

Yeah, the new one is not as deep so it will fit much nicer in my backboxes.

#254 10 years ago

Not sure if anyone is interested but I have an Icade I picked up for $35. Would sell for $35 plus shipping. PM if you are interested.

#255 10 years ago
    Quoted from sotie:

This one was completed a couple of days ago. Chrome lockdown with polished siderails. Bride of Pinbot artwork.

Looking fwd to playing with my new Bride!

#256 10 years ago

Congrats. "LITZ" on your Bride Of Pinbot Icade Cab! Welcome to the club. I got a Sprite Lemon-Lime Cab. I got it from Sotie over a month ago now it's one incredible machine!

#257 10 years ago

Congrats. "LITZ" on your Bride of Pinbot Icade Cab! Welcome to the club. I got a Sprite Lemon-Lime Cab. I got it from Sotie over a month ago now it's one incredible machine!

Sotie should hire you as his spokesperson.....really!!!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#258 10 years ago

I have been looking at these since before he had posted them on this forum and considering getting one. I have a question for the folks that have bought one. Where do you actually play it? I just realized lastnight that almost all the time that I play the Pinball Arcade is when I'm sitting leisurely on the couch, the car as a passenger, or waiting at a tire shop or some sort of service place....anywhere there is time to kill. In all of those scenarios I don't have a proper place to do anything other than hold the iPad. Do you guys have a special table you use or just sit the mini cab on your lap or what? I've built table top 60-in-1 "bartop" style arcade game machines on occasion, but sometimes pending the tables people have sometimes sitting at one can be a bit uncomfortable or not the optimal height. Just wondering how folks typically play them.

#259 10 years ago

I know you're asking people that have purchased from me (they should chime in too!) but I originally made my first one for my personal use because The Pinball Arcade is my absolute favorite iPad game. I typically play standing up with the cabinet either on my kitchen counter or the kitchen table. Occasionally I'll pull a stool up to the kitchen table and play while sitting on the stool. When I'm not in the mood to stand I take the iPad out of the cabinet and play on the couch.

#260 10 years ago

I am having an alter built so I can play mine there.

#261 10 years ago

Nice reply Tigershark!

#262 10 years ago

"Pinballerchef" Wass up! Just showing my love for the quality build from Sotie! He deserves much praise he's putting in hella work that's one serious commitment building these custom cabs every week for Pinheads around the globe. I'am glad I bought my Icade instead of a new Xbox or PS4 this fall. Love Playing TPA Everyday! It's the closest thing I will ever get to owning a real Pinball machine. The only games I play on my iPad 3 daily are TPA & Zen Pinball that's all I need what's crazy is it never ever gets old and new tables surface all year round for both IOS apps. Pure Heaven!
    For Those About To Flip! FIRE! We Salute You!!!

#263 10 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

#264 10 years ago
    Quoted from Wild1:

"Pinballerchef" Wass up! Just showing my love for the quality build from Sotie! He deserves much praise he's putting in hella work that's one serious commitment building these custom cabs every week for Pinheads around the globe. I'am glad I bought my Icade instead of a new Xbox or PS4 this fall. Love Playing TPA Everyday! It's the closest thing I will ever get to owning a real Pinball machine. The only games I play on my iPad 3 daily are TPA & Zen Pinball that's all I need what's crazy is it never ever gets old and new tables surface all year round for both IOS apps. Pure Heaven!
    For Those About To Flip! FIRE! We Salute You!!!

Really glad you like it Wild1... but tell him how you play. Standing up, sitting down, on your lap while sitting on the toilet? LOL

#265 10 years ago
    Quoted from sotie:

Really glad you like it Wild1... but tell him how you play. Standing up, sitting down, on your lap while sitting on the toilet? LOL

If he's this consistently excitable over the same thing over and over and over again.....I suggest him not playing it on the toilet....ya know..accidents happen

#266 10 years ago

The green cabinet is nearly complete. It's almost time to post some new pictures!

#267 10 years ago

#268 10 years ago

#269 10 years ago

#270 10 years ago

My "Mean Green" Cabinet is finished now. All I can say is OMG!!!!! Sotie...I owe you big time man. Gang...wait until you see what he has done for me. I ordered multiple backglasses from him too. The photos he just sent me are mind blowing! Without a doubt this is his best mini cab to date. You other guys in line that are waiting to get yours done by sotie might want to try mixing colour up a bit more. I think there will be less black mini cabs being made in the future when you see what magic sotie can do with colour.

Post those photos sotie...they are more than good enough to post in here. You are far too picky.

The lighting looks marvelous in those photos. Show the close up shot of the glitter effect and the multiple backglasses. I cannot thank you enough sotie. You nailed this one. I can't wait to see it in person and play the heck out of it.

#271 10 years ago

Where are the pics????

#272 10 years ago
    Quoted from Wild1:

Where are the pics????

Soon.

#273 10 years ago

This one looks incredible in the sunlight.
    IMG_0164.JPGIMG_0164.JPG IMG_0165.JPGIMG_0165.JPG IMG_0162.JPGIMG_0162.JPG

#274 10 years ago

More Haunted House and the Original art.

IMG_0146.JPGIMG_0146.JPG IMG_0151.JPGIMG_0151.JPG IMG_0155.JPGIMG_0155.JPG

#275 10 years ago

Elvira and the Party Monsters.

IMG_0156.JPGIMG_0156.JPG IMG_0157.JPGIMG_0157.JPG

#276 10 years ago

Monster Bash

IMG_0158.JPGIMG_0158.JPG IMG_0160.JPGIMG_0160.JPG IMG_0161.JPGIMG_0161.JPG

#277 10 years ago

very nice! Ok, I want side art on my cabinet now!

#278 10 years ago

I've used sparkle paint, pearl, and ghost pearls paint on guitars before.. they definitely look much nicer in bright light just as this green really pops. I'm thinking a TRON theme cab with that bright blue and black would be a killer combo. I also think an AC/DC with the candy apple red and black would be awesome too. On both of those thinking more about black cabs with the candy accents.
    Not sure how well side art would work given the limited space with the buttons and all. Guess it would depend on what side art.
    tron-rail-kit.jpgtron-rail-kit.jpg

#279 10 years ago

Thanks so much for going the extra mile on this one sotie. I couldn't be happier with how it turned out. This was so worth the extra money. The final payment for the extras and shipping was just sent to you.

I hope I see more amazing paint jobs like this in your future cabs sotie. I will be haunting this forum thread with your other satisfied customers. Like the other guys...I love seeing the new developments and changes that you keep implementing. These mini cabs you have been making are works of art. I like every single one you have made.

#280 10 years ago
    Quoted from bub2010:

I've used sparkle paint, pearl, and ghost pearls paint on guitars before.. they definitely look much nicer in bright light just as this green really pops. I'm thinking a TRON theme cab with that bright blue and black would be a killer combo. I also think an AC/DC with the candy apple red and black would be awesome too. On both of those thinking more about black cabs with the candy accents.
    Not sure how well side art would work given the limited space with the buttons and all. Guess it would depend on what side art.

The art store where I got the metallic green shimmer also has a nice metallic blue shimmer.

#281 10 years ago

Sotie,

How much for some alternate translites? Would love to add a few others to mine!
    Thanks
    Ed

#282 10 years ago

That's Kick-Ass Tigershark! Sotie you did a killer job on that cab!

#283 10 years ago

Thought I'd just make a small mention that it's very much possible to play Zen Pinball with this pinball cabinet

All you need is a jailbroken iPad and the Blutrol app from Cydia.
    Blutrol basically maps the buttons to simulate on screen presses. No lag and it works great!

Let me know if you want me to upload how I've set it up in Blutrol

#284 10 years ago

Kinda scared to jailbreak my ipad3. I would love to play Zen on my cab. I know nothing about jailbreaking my iPad . Can the iPad get screwed up from jailbreaking. Please explain. Thanks!

#285 10 years ago

Theres tons of info about it, just google it.
    Basically though, never update after you've jailbroken your device. You should restore your device in that case from iTunes, this removes jailbreak. Also, know what you're installing. It makes sense for me to jailbreak since I also use the iCade arcade cabinet and can now install emulators for arcade games.

This is what the page I visit say about it (translated from swedish):

What are the risks with jailbreak?

There is always risk in having their iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch or Apple TV jailbroken because it opens the file system. The risk of any physical damage to your unit because of the jailbreak is very small. However, one should be aware of what to do with their jailbreak, since many of the apps available on Cydia are not approved by Apple and can really contain anything. At worst, someone can access your information on your device.

However, it is always possible to restore the device and get rid of everything related to the jailbreak. Worth pointing out is that the jailbreak removes any warranty from Apple and the operator temporarily. But the jailbreak is reversible, however, regaining the warranty anytime - as long as it is possible to boot the machine.

#286 10 years ago

I'll pass thanks.

#287 10 years ago

I just got my mini cab from sotie today. It plays fantastic!!! I played a few tables on TPA and also on Zaccaria and it works without any flipper lag on my iPad 4. I got new high scores on all 5 tables I played. It feels so much better now. The flipper buttons and that lockdown bar really seal the deal for making the experience feel much more authentic.

The cab is absolutely beautiful looking too.

Thank you so much sotie!

#288 10 years ago
    Quoted from eharan:

Sotie,
    How much for some alternate translites? Would love to add a few others to mine!
    Thanks
    Ed

Hi Ed, I'm sorry it took so long to respond. Partially because I've been super busy and also because I've been trying to come up with a price which isn't too high but takes into account the cost of the photo paper, ink, time to setup in photoshop and print, time to cut them and prepare for shipping.

I'm looking at this pricing (plus shipping):
    1-2 = $5.00 each
    3-5 = $4.00 each
    6 or more = $3.50 each

I've got a great website with really high-resolution backglass artwork. Thanks Tigershark1968 for finding and sharing with me.

#289 10 years ago

Here are pics of another "Back in Black" cabinet for a fellow pinside member featuring a black lockdown and siderails. The only colors on it are black and red. I finished it today and I think it came out really cool.

IMG_0222.JPGIMG_0222.JPG

IMG_0223.JPGIMG_0223.JPG

#290 10 years ago

I couldn't resist printing AC/DC Premium artwork to see what it would look like in this one. The all black and red was just begging for me to do it!

IMG_0227.JPGIMG_0227.JPGIMG_0228.JPGIMG_0228.JPGIMG_0229.JPGIMG_0229.JPG

#291 10 years ago

Sotie,

The AC/DC back glass looks awesome with that cabinet! Only issue is that ACDC does not exist on TPA!

Which back glasses can we choose from? Do you have a T2 back glass?

#292 10 years ago

You can choose just about anything. I set up sotie with several backglass web sites and I can help him get more images if he needs help. I ordered a bunch that are not on TPA yet. I sent Sotie 35 backglass images to do for me. He now has great copies of

Bad Girls
    Scared Stiff
    Bram Stokers Dracula
    Revenge From Mars
    Lord Of The Rings
    Attack From Mars
    Ripley's Believe It Or Not
    Jurassic Park
    Cactus Canyon
    Atlantis
    Gorgar
    Flight 2000
    Mary Shelly's Frankenstein
    Terminator 2
    Black Knight
    Monster Bash
    Elvira's Party Monsters
    Haunted House
    No Good Go Fers
    The Incredible Hulk
    Tron
    Tales From The Crypt
    The Adams Family
    Circus
    Medusa
    Bay Watch
    Whirlwind
    Spooky
    Class Of 1812
    Creature From The Black Lagoon
    Earth Shaker
    Medieval Madness
    Theatre Of Magic
    Pinball Champ
    Circus Voltaire
    Star Trek The Next Generation
    Black Knight
    Jack Bot
    The Machine Bride Of Pin Bot

Sotie has access to over a hundred more. Most of the biggest names in tables are covered so feel free to ask for your favorite tables backglasses.

#293 10 years ago

Yep...ACDC looks good...just need to see some red candy apple red rails and it would look even better.

#294 10 years ago

I agree. Red railings would really push that one over the top.

#295 10 years ago

Tiger 35 images?? You changing Backglass daily??? Don't understand at all that's a lot of changing. I would like to have a different photo other than pinball arcade logo I would have to admit. Thanks!
    Email me Sotie! Did The Wizard Of Oz surface or I would love to have Indiana Jones Pinball Adventure!!

#296 10 years ago
    Quoted from Wild1:

Tiger 35 images?? You changing Backglass daily??? Don't understand at all that's a lot of changing. I would like to have a different photo other than pinball arcade logo I would have to admit. Sotie how much are images please let me know what you have available to choose from?? Thanks!
    Email me Sotie! Did The Wizard Of Oz Backglass surface yet???

I haven't seen WOZ artwork yet but I haven't specifically searched for it either. If you find something send it my way and I'll see if I can make it work!

The pricing is posted yesterday just above the new "back in black" cab. Here it is again:

The following pricing takes into account the cost of the photo paper, ink, time to setup in photoshop and print, time to cut them and prepare for shipping.

I'm looking at this pricing (plus shipping):
    1-2 = $5.00 each
    3-5 = $4.00 each
    6 or more = $3.50 each

#297 10 years ago

After I finish up the cab I started today I'll be starting a new Metallic Shimmer cab for another pinside member. This time in blue. Here's a test spray I did today on a scrap piece of wood. It's four thin coats but for a cab I'll be spraying between 8-10 very thin coats to get it to look right.

IMG_0236a.jpgIMG_0236a.jpg

I can't get the shimmer effect to photograph very well so here is a quick video of it and you can get a better idea what it really looks like (when the youtube player starts switch to HD video setting and it looks better):

#298 10 years ago

Sotie I need Indiana Jones The Pinball Adventure is it available for a image awesome artwork on that Backglass .

#299 10 years ago

Way cool, count me in for one! PMing you now.

#300 10 years ago

Sotie e mail me on "Indiana Jones The Pinball Adventure" I don't want the "IDJ" Stern Logo though I would love to change out the TPA logo. If you ever get "WOZ" I want it bad thanks Sotie. You Da Man!!!

There are 485 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/icade-mini-cabinet-for-ipad/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.