Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 485 posts
  • 88 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by yowoody
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8113 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170902_153825533.jpg
    IMG_20170902_154558999.jpg
    IMG_20170902_154535844.jpg
    IMG_20170902_155034223.jpg
    IMG_20170902_160951340_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170902_161034671_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170902_161108009_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170902_161021922_HDR.jpg
    131097.jpg
    IMG_0181.jpg
    IMG_0170.jpg
    IMG_0183.jpg
    IMG_0176.jpg
    IMG_0169.jpg
    IMG_0165.jpg
    There are 485 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 10.
    #201 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinzzz:

Sotie,Where do you get the 4 mini button panel?.I want too put one in my Cab Pin for up down left right.And wire it to my ipac.So i can navigate FX2 without a keyboard.

I make them myself. I can sell you one, PM if interested.

#202 10 years ago

Got ours yesterday and the workmanship is phenomenal. We are having some issue with flipper response lag but are trying to work it out. Has anyone else had and fixed this issue? Thanks again Sotie!
    Brian

#203 10 years ago
    Quoted from DuckBrian:

Got ours yesterday and the workmanship is phenomenal. We are having some issue with flipper response lag but are trying to work it out. Has anyone else had and fixed this issue? Thanks again Sotie!
    Brian

I'm working with DuckBrian offline to resolve this. I've narrowed it down to something specific about the iPad's setup. Bluetooth functionality is completely tested twice for each unit before I ship. Once before the iCade's circuit board is removed from the iCade Core and again after the circuit board is installed in the mini-cab and all buttons are wired to the board. Testing consists of verifying that all 12 buttons work and confirming that there is no 'flipper lag'. The first test is conducted with an iPhone 5 and the second test is conducted with an iPad 3. I haven't seen any flipper lag on any of the iCade Core's which I've purchased. If I were to come across it I would return the iCade Core to the vendor and would not use it in one of my builds.

#204 10 years ago

No issues here works perfect so far since the day it arrived I played for hours waiting to possibly experience delay or lag but nothing yet. I'am playing on ipad3.

#205 10 years ago

Which iPad have you got Brian?
    I know that iPad 3 was the first that got a bluetooth 4.0 upgrade..

#206 10 years ago

There's no studder with my ipad2 and the icade core

#207 10 years ago
    Quoted from fredrikpj:

Which iPad have you got Brian?
    I know that iPad 3 was the first that got a bluetooth 4.0 upgrade..

He has an iPad 2.

There are two iPad 2's and one iPad 3 here in my house. No problems with any of them.

#208 10 years ago

#209 10 years ago

#210 10 years ago
    Quoted from Wild1:

Sotie on our ipad3 how do you scale to use wallpapers with new IOS 7 Crap? Wallpapers are useless now sorry ass update.

I haven't installed iOS 7 yet. Between making these and my real job I barely have time for anything else right now.

#211 10 years ago

I also had/have flipper lag. It is definitely related to my iPad as I brought it to a friends house and it worked fine with his iPad. I will be upgrading to ios 7, if I can get past the "Checking for Update" screen! I hope that the upgrade gets rid of the lag. It was really bad at first, but then shut down all open apps, reset the iPad and it got a bit better but still not perfect, like when my friend used his iPad with my iCade. Heres hoping that ios 7 fixes the issue.

#212 10 years ago

#213 10 years ago

Why is it crap? Does Pinball Arcade and the iCade cabinet still work?

#214 10 years ago

iOS 7 will not affect The Pinball Arcade app or iCade functionality.

#215 10 years ago

I am LOVING IOS7! It looks so nice, menus zoon in and out, nice bright colors. On my iphone, it feels like a new phone!

#216 10 years ago

iOS 7 is a bit more taxing on the cpu, so iPad 2 users might notice slight delays from time to time when playing.
    But that's what they always do though, not just Apple. They add features to make the new systems more taxing on old units so that people want to upgrade. Not really a bad thing in my book though, means I can ignore older systems faster when developing

#217 10 years ago

New iPads arrive soon I've heard.

#218 10 years ago

#219 10 years ago

Tons of people are pissed about the wallpaper issues on phone and ipads reading this in apple support communities. Wow! Thanks Apple Great Job! Wow folks are frustrated with the iMessage and FaceTime not working. People want IOS 6 back overall. Apple support communities is freakin blowin up with this AWESOME IOS 7 ! There are way more issues than my 3 issues. Dammmm! Hope they get an update ASAP! They don't test this crap at all before releasing it to the masses? It's Just Sad..............

#220 10 years ago

. I have not tried my Icade yet on this IOS 7 mess scared to try it out. Too many issues going on at the moment I don't want to know anymore things not working with our iPads. Exhausted..........

#221 10 years ago

I'm still using iOS 5.0.1 on my original ipad and until I see an app that needs an upgrade that I cant live without I'm sticking with it. Heck I'll likely buy a new iPad before I upgrade this one again. (started with version 4.xx). I upgraded my iPod once upon a time.... Can't recall from what version to what, but it caused a HUGE battery drain while running nothing. (charging every other day just using as an alarm clock) I wiped it and reloaded it and it cleared up all the issues.. To this day the iPod only needs charged about once every 2-3 weeks. (granted now it is rarely used for much more than an alarm clock typically). Seems like I recall a similar battery drain and misc wonky things when I upgraded the iPad and did a wipe and reload also.

Apple's stuff has issues just like Microsoft and android based stuff....

#222 10 years ago
    Quoted from Wild1:

Tons of people are pissed about the wallpaper issues on phone and ipads reading this in apple support communities. Wow! Thanks Apple Great Job! Wow folks are frustrated with the iMessage and FaceTime not working. People want IOS 6 back overall. Apple support communities is freakin blowin up with this AWESOME IOS 7 ! There are way more issues than my 3 issues. Dammmm! Hope they get an update ASAP! They don't test this crap at all before releasing it to the masses? It's Just Sad..............

You can fix the wallpaper by turning off the parallax mode in iOS 7. Settings/General/Reduce Motion/On

#223 10 years ago

Sotie I have done that it barely does anything look at the stretched size in any saved image it's an issue I tried what you said and so have others very slight difference basically the scaling for now does not work I have tried it all I'm turning off stuff to help battery life drainage as well. Transparencies, parallax background app refresh never use iCloud so I disabled that turned off most push notifications. Do you see what I'am saying about pics you can slide it from left to right but if you pinch the pic it bounces back to same old crap stretched nothing I have fits on the iPad period just the new photos from apple and who cares for that nature crap. Hopefully they fix it soon though there's a lot of pissed apple folks for phone or iPad complaining about wallpaper scaling and other goodies.

#224 10 years ago

No difference and motion is on. Little to absolute no difference to the naked eye. Oh well I got to get some sleep researching did nothing for now. Wasted all morning on this crap ass update. What a waste.....

#225 10 years ago

Wild...how do you really feel about ios 7? I think based on what you have commented on...Ill pass on the update.
    Besides an iphone 4...I have a first generation ipad that i am planning on using with the icade. Never had any issues with it so i havent bought a new one....but i think Soties icade now will cost me a heck of a lot more and ill buy a new ipad (unfortunatley, that will most likely come with ios 7)

#226 10 years ago

I finished this cab yesterday. Chrome lockdown with black siderails. All the colors and finish choices were exactly the same as my personal cab. Took me longer than usual because an order of buttons I placed took two weeks to arrive.

IMG_1138.JPGIMG_1138.JPG IMG_1142.JPGIMG_1142.JPG IMG_1139a.JPGIMG_1139a.JPG

#227 10 years ago

Another one completed today and ready to be shipped. Chrome lockdown with polished siderails. I really like the way the blue and green side buttons turned out on this one.

IMG_1153.JPGIMG_1153.JPG IMG_1150.JPGIMG_1150.JPG IMG_1148.JPGIMG_1148.JPG

#228 10 years ago

Very nice! Those green and blue flipper buttons look sharp with that chrome lock down bar.

#229 10 years ago

Wass up Tigershark!

#230 10 years ago

Not much Wild1. Been super busy with work lately. I think I am 3rd in line now. I can't wait to see my green mini cab. Sotie says it will be early October for my Emerald City edition.

#231 10 years ago

Awesome Dude!!

#232 10 years ago

Another one completed yesterday. Chrome lockdown with black siderails.

This one is shipping to Sweden today!

IMG_1171.JPGIMG_1171.JPG

#233 10 years ago

Woo-Hoo! I'm 2nd in line now. I think I am going black side rails with a chrome lock down too. It really looks sharp!!!

#234 10 years ago

Nice look Tigershark!

#235 10 years ago

Another one completed! Black on Black again: black lockdown bar and black siderails.

IMG_1206.JPGIMG_1206.JPG

#236 10 years ago

This one was completed a couple of days ago. Chrome lockdown with polished siderails. Bride of Pinbot artwork.

IMG_0018.JPGIMG_0018.JPG

#237 10 years ago

Sotie, you're a genius!
    Im extremely happy with the cabinet, absolutely top notch stuff this!
    So, how do I go about adding you guys to pinball arcade?

#238 10 years ago

Now that right there is the best looking one yet... mostly due to the backbox.

#239 10 years ago

I received mine and it is incredible! Amazing work!

#240 10 years ago
    Quoted from fredrikpj:

Sotie, you're a genius!
    Im extremely happy with the cabinet, absolutely top notch stuff this!
    So, how do I go about adding you guys to pinball arcade?

Thanks. I'm very happy you like it! Glad it made the overseas trip without shipping issues too.

I'm not sure what you mean about "adding you guys to The Pinball Arcade"?

#241 10 years ago
    Quoted from bub2010:

Now that right there is the best looking one yet... mostly due to the backbox.

The backbox art is the easiest part of the entire project... as long as I have a picture with a high enough resolution that it doesn't look like crap when I print it!

#242 10 years ago
    Quoted from coasterguy:

I received mine and it is incredible! Amazing work!

Again, I'm so happy to hear when you guys are enjoying what I've made. I labor for many hours over these making them as close to perfect as I can and it's great when you guys really appreciate the work.

#243 10 years ago

Awesome! Haunted House image coming your way sotie.

#244 10 years ago
    Quoted from sotie:

Thanks. I'm very happy you like it! Glad it made the overseas trip without shipping issues too.
    I'm not sure what you mean about "adding you guys to The Pinball Arcade"?

I mean adding you as friends on the iPad app, you can compare scores on each table with friends (if you've logged in in the app).
    I think you add me through game center, my account there is: [email protected]

#245 10 years ago

Congrads. Fredrickpj & Coasterguy on your new Icade Mini Pins! Welcome to the club! Soties the man! I'am still lovin my Lemon-Lime "Sprite" Version! Works Perfect Everytime! Looks like nothing but satisfied customers! Nice touch with The Bride Of Pinbot artwork!

#246 10 years ago

Hmmmm I may have to request and order a different back glass.

#247 10 years ago

In regard to the lockdown bar supply... so how's the search going? I am doubting you'll ever find them as cheap as you had gotten them before, but just wondering how much that'll bump up the cost of a unit.....? For what it is worth Pinball life does have some really cheap black ones. I think these are just about $30 more than what you had.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2090

On another note... there is a guy in this forum here that does custom ones... only problem... they do look a bit plain and they are $75 regardless of size, but having said that they could be tailored specifically to scale with the cabinet properly. As good as the cabs do look the scale of the lockdown bar is one of the things that does look a bit off. Here is a link to the 12th page or so of this forum where you can see one of them.

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?8461-**UPDATED**-Custom-Sized-Lockdown-Bars-75!/page12

#248 10 years ago

The original jam box is being discontinued. They are making a smaller version.

#249 10 years ago

Friend invite sent to you Fredrik. You should see an invite from Tigershark1968 or Mick Morry in your games center requests.

Mick

#250 10 years ago

Ok I want one!
    With out reading the whole thread
    How much$
    And how do I order?

There are 485 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/icade-mini-cabinet-for-ipad/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.