Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 485 posts
  • 88 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by yowoody
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8113 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170902_153825533.jpg
    IMG_20170902_154558999.jpg
    IMG_20170902_154535844.jpg
    IMG_20170902_155034223.jpg
    IMG_20170902_160951340_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170902_161034671_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170902_161108009_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170902_161021922_HDR.jpg
    131097.jpg
    IMG_0181.jpg
    IMG_0170.jpg
    IMG_0183.jpg
    IMG_0176.jpg
    IMG_0169.jpg
    IMG_0165.jpg
    There are 485 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 10.
    #51 10 years ago
    Quoted from twitami:

I want one! PM sent. Been hoping something like this would turn up for a while. Please let me know how to buy one
    Thanks!

I sent you all the details via PM. Thanks!

#52 10 years ago

Hahah! I told you on pinballarcadefans you hit a homerun sotie.

Still hate you for not living in Holland!

#53 10 years ago
    Quoted from Plungemaster:

Hahah! I told you on pinballarcadefans you hit a homerun sotie.
    Still hate you for not living in Holland!

Hey, there's a guy from Australia buying one!

#54 10 years ago

Lol, sotie world wide provider, haha, well done mate.

Quality pays out again.

#55 10 years ago

I paid my deposit! I hope to be playing mine by mid Sept. eagerly waiting here in Texas! Got my custom color buttons all picked out. Sotie just curious on my Chrome lock bar status. Thanks!

#56 10 years ago
    Quoted from Wild1:

I paid my deposit! I hope to be playing mine by mid Sept. eagerly waiting here in Texas! Got my custom color buttons all picked out. Sotie just curious on my Chrome lock bar status. Thanks!

It's scheduled to arrive today. It now looks like yours might be finished around the Sept. 1-3 timeframe.

#57 10 years ago

Awesome! Great News! Thanks Sotie!

#58 10 years ago

Sotie did the chrome lock bar arrive?

#59 10 years ago
    Quoted from Wild1:

Sotie did the chrome lock bar arrive?

Yep.

#60 10 years ago

Getting nervous wild?

#61 10 years ago

Nah!

#62 10 years ago

Cant wait to see if mine is going to turn out as cool as it is in my head

#63 10 years ago
    Quoted from twitami:

Cant wait to see if mine is going to turn out as cool as it is in my head

It will, and I can't wait to make it! twitami has asked me to do something different with the lockdown bar for his cab. Will definitely be posting pictures when it's done. I have two others to build first so it will be a little bit before I post them.

#64 10 years ago

Wish I could get this for android to work I've been waiting to long tryed my own even.

#65 10 years ago

Can't wait for mine, Can't wait for mine!!!

#66 10 years ago

Wild1, you will have to wait till mine's done first, mine is the one before you Sotie's making one that will work with my Otterbox case on. Can't wait.

Very curious to hear what twitami's modifications are. Would the rest of us want it as well?

#67 10 years ago

Sotie told me I'am looking at Sept.1-3 timeframe for finished build / That sounds good to me!

#68 10 years ago

I'm so mad at myself... I finished another one yesterday (for another pinside member) and just realized I forgot to take some nice pictures of it to post here. It's sitting in the garage but it's all packed up and ready to ship. I just stopped myself from going out there and unpacking to get some shots but then I thought "they all look the same anyways!"

#69 10 years ago

I think it looks sharp. I am all for stupid phones though. =/
    Build quality looks great IMO.

GLWS

#70 10 years ago

Sotie are you starting mine yet.

#71 10 years ago

Or what I'am asking is my build next?

#72 10 years ago
    Quoted from Wild1:

Or what I'am asking is my build next?

Next.

#73 10 years ago

Yes! Great answer Sotie!

#74 10 years ago

abit of advice--- try making these out of acrylic. It would be lighter and a lot thinner material.

#75 10 years ago
    Quoted from Iamdarras:

abit of advice--- try making these out of acrylic. It would be lighter and a lot thinner material.

I wanted a heavy feel to them. I want something sturdy so that when I start banging the flipper buttons the cabinet isn't going to do a dance on the table. Also, these convey a very realistic feeling while playing and I just don't think it would feel that way with an acrylic box.

#76 10 years ago

Sotie did you already make the otterbox build or is that the one that's next and then mine. You stated you just finished one yesterday I was wondering if that was the Otterbox Build? I'am so tired of nudge swipe on my Ipad3 so inaccurate. So ready for a nice Heavy Built Mini Pin! I'am glad you don't build the units with lighter materials. Thanks.

#77 10 years ago

Wild1,

Last I heard from Sotie, mine (OtterBox build) was almost done, he was just waiting on the buttons to come in. The guy he ordered the buttons from never shipped them. He was expecting to get them in a few days, maybe Monday or Tuesday of this upcoming week.

He will probably be working on your build as he waits for the buttons.

I would expect that we will both be getting our mini pins in the next week or two.

Can't wait for mine either...enjoying T2 but really want to play it in Soties MiniPin.

I also agree, would prefer the more solid feel of a heavier cabinet.

Hang in there!

#78 10 years ago

eharan:
    Alright thanks man for that info. What is your best score so far on T2? I got 206 Mil. so far playing local on iPad 3 finally got 1st place with 3 out of 5 wizard goals. Tough table but extremely addictive! Love getting Super Jackpot for 50 Mil. I have only done it twice so far. Farsights best table for me right now. Soon we will both be jammin on Soties icade masterpiece. I believe you get what you pay for always in life. I did not hesitate to purchase this beauty for a second so glad he takes the time to make these for us. Looks like he continues to have satisfied customers

#79 10 years ago

Have not quite reached your score. My best was about 190M...having a lot of fun with it but can't wait to play it with the mini pin, should be even better then! I agree, thought the price was a bit high at first but you get what you pay for, it looks great and sotie has been great to deal with, continuous updates, pictures etc. Enjoy

#80 10 years ago

Wass up Sotie?

#81 10 years ago

Thanks for info. Sotie! Please send final pics on completion of build. Again thanks sir!!!

#82 10 years ago

eharan: looks like me and you are buying the same Pins. I'am waiting for my ADF mini.pin.as well and my Kiss pin is paid for I got 2nd build on that one. Then I got Medieval Madness and Indiana Jones. All my money is going to pinball. jUNKIEs Unite!

#83 10 years ago

Wild1....it really is an addictive hobby...do you have any real pins, cause once you start collecting those, it gets expensive and you run out of room in your house!

#84 10 years ago
    Quoted from eharan:

Wild1....it really is an addictive hobby...do you have any real pins, cause once you start collecting those, it gets expensive and you run out of room in your house!

And then your wife tells you no more then you by her a shiny object and seek one more in

#85 10 years ago

The cabinet is awesome but I play pinball arcade width ways . Quick question in that could the cabinet be made for people who play wide on their iPad ?

#86 10 years ago

I can not afford a real pin. I wish if so I would buy Wizard Of Oz! Only in my dreams.....

#87 10 years ago
    Quoted from triadwatch:

The cabinet is awesome but I play pinball arcade width ways . Quick question in that could the cabinet be made for people who play wide on their iPad ?

If I understand you correctly you're saying you play in landscape mode instead of portrait mode. No, I'm not making a cabinet for that orientation. First of all, in order to make it that wide the entire cabinet would grow exponentially if I were to preserve any resemblance of a "traditional" pinball table's dimensions. Second, there would be so much dead space both above and below the iPad I think it would look awful.

When you play in landscape mode on you iPad doesn't it bother you that you can't view the entire table at once?

#88 10 years ago
    Quoted from sotie:

If I understand you correctly you're saying you play in landscape mode instead of portrait mode. No, I'm not making a cabinet for that orientation. First of all, in order to make it that wide the entire cabinet would grow exponentially if I were to preserve any resemblance of a "traditional" pinball table's dimensions. Second, there would be so much dead space both above and below the iPad I think it would look awful.
    When you play in landscape mode on you iPad doesn't it bother you that you can't view the entire table at once?

I play in landscape doesn't bother me at all, in fact I hate portrait mode now it feels so award even through different camera angles. If they set one up where it was like being in a real cab that'd be better but we will only see this for PC probably so a mini cab is almost useless to me in looking good without in running PC.

#89 10 years ago
    Quoted from sotie:

In landscape mode I can see the entire table. Right now on iPad I am ranked #23 on pinball arcade with 10,819 hall of fame points. It just plays better for me to play wide way on iPad then long way on iPad, just a thought on how others play pinball arcade . The cabinet is great maybe in future could make something for us who play it a different way.

#90 10 years ago

Okay, I'll build it for you. It will be both wider and longer to accommodate the iPad in landscape mode. It will cost a bit more because it's going to take me longer to build (because I've never done it before); I will need to purchase larger pieces of wood (which cost more). Also, the place where I get the black plastic cut to make the bezel that covers the iPad will charge me more to cut a larger piece.

If you're serious message me and we can discuss the details.

#91 10 years ago

Pm sent

#92 10 years ago

Thanks for the update Sotie .

#93 10 years ago

Finished another one today. I made a slight design change to accommodate an iPad in a Otterbox Defender case. The change was internal so the exterior looks the same.

IMG_0900.JPGIMG_0900.JPG

#94 10 years ago

It looks awesome Sotie...looking forward to playing it this weekend!

#95 10 years ago

can someone explain to a dummy how the ipad knows the flipper buttons are being pushed?

are they connected to some sort of bluetooth device?

sorry for what is liekly a very dumb question.

#96 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

can someone explain to a dummy how the ipad knows the flipper buttons are being pushed?

Yes, bluetooth. The cab is made from a gutted iCade controller. It looks like the OP has made an extremely high quality item.

#97 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Yep, bluetooth... it's magic! With my setup it's an instantaneous response when pressing the flipper buttons; no lag and you'd never know it wasn't wired to the iPad. It really feels like a real pin.

#98 10 years ago

Here's another I just completed. Reminds me of Sprite/Lemon-Lime.

Stay tuned for the next one I build. I'll be fulfilling a request to make a color change to the lockdown bar. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

IMG_0936.JPGIMG_0936.JPG

#99 10 years ago

My Sprite/Lemon-Lime build is complete and in the mail. It will arrive on my day off this Tuesday. Can't Wait To Play! Just Add IPad! Will comment when arrived its Texas Bound now! "QUENCH YOUR THIRST"

#100 10 years ago

Just received my Sprite Cab and it is perfect in every possible way. It looks and plays like a real pinball machine. No lag No delay it is spot on for controls. Packaged with lots of TLC it was like store bought quality merchandise. No regrets on this Icade Cab. I had to go out and have a couple of Margarittas today to celebrate my first pinball machine ever. Sotie You Da Man! Thank You for putting so much care into these builds and thanks for the updates with pics on my build as it went through its stages toward completion.I would do business with you again if needed and I will show and let everyone know of the quality and care you put into this Pinball Machine. This Thing Is So Freakin Cool I'am Just Blown Away How Fun It Truly Is To Play! Thanks Again Sotie! You made me very happy today!!

There are 485 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/icade-mini-cabinet-for-ipad/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.