• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20211011_190234 (resized).jpg
20211011_185927 (resized).jpg
#1 2 years ago

I dont know anything on ic chips. Are these compatable?

20211011_185927 (resized).jpg20211011_185927 (resized).jpg20211011_190234 (resized).jpg20211011_190234 (resized).jpg
#2 2 years ago

No, they perform different logic functions.

#3 2 years ago

For an intro to electronics and a good basic reference book, I can highly recommend "Getting Started in Electronics" by Forrest M. Mims III. It covers the fundamentals of electricity and the common components that you would typically encounter (resistors, diodes, capacitors, transformers, switches, integrated circuits, etc)

http://www.amazon.com/Getting-Started-Electronics-Forrest-Mims/dp/0945053282

#4 2 years ago

Thank you. So im going to have to find that chip. Dang

#6 2 years ago

There are a few available on ebay. From China though.

#7 2 years ago

Is ba10339 the number i need? Looks like marco has them

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Is ba10339 the number i need? Looks like marco has them

It's a variant of the LM339. If you search for that, it should yield a lot more results.

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

It's a variant of the LM339. If you search for that, it shoud yeild a lot more results.

Cool thank you. Marco has the one with the same numbers, so i guess ill judt order that with other parts i need

#10 2 years ago

Before you rush out and buy chips - you say you don't know anything about them, I assume then that you also don't know how to tell if a chip in faulty OR worse, how to replace the chip without destroying the printed circuit board.

How about ask a few more questions here and take some additional advice on board before changing a chip that might not resolve your problem BUT has every chance of making things worse!

What exactly causes you to think the LM339 is faulty? What does the machine do or not do that leads you to this conclusion?

I say this because generally, LM339's and their variants such as yours are pretty reliable.

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from pins4u:

Before you rush out and buy chips - you say you don't know anything about them, I assume then that you also don't know how to tell if a chip in faulty OR worse, how to replace the chip without destroying the printed circuit board.
How about ask a few more questions here and take some additional advice on board before changing a chip that might not resolve your problem BUT has every chance of making things worse!
What exactly causes you to think the LM339 is faulty? What does the machine do or not do that leads you to this conclusion?
I say this because generally, LM339's and their variants such as yours are pretty reliable.

Ya, still troubleshooting before i replace the chip, but luckily i am good at soldering on boards if i do need to do it

#12 2 years ago

If the LM339 is bad, it is probably because somewhere coil voltage has hit the switch matrix. Use a socket for the new chip in case there is a fault on playfield and you need to replace the chip again.

#13 2 years ago

Any time ive done a chip i have put a socket in. Definately makes it easier

#14 2 years ago

what game are you working on buddy and what is the issue? you may not need to change that chip.

#15 2 years ago

Still troubleshooting cowlynn. Junkyard flippers are dead, left eos stuck closed taking out left eos, left flipper, right eos, right flipper, and spinner. Eos is good

#16 2 years ago

The flipper and EOS switches connect to Fliptronic board so check that first. Spinner might be a separate problem.

EDIT: Sorry, this is WPC95 so no Fliptronic board...

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

For an intro to electronics and a good basic reference book, I can highly recommend "Getting Started in Electronics" by Forrest M. Mims III. It covers the fundamentals of electricity and the common components that you would typically encounter (resistors, diodes, capacitors, transformers, switches, integrated circuits, etc)
amazon.com link »

The moment I saw this book was by Forrest J. Mims I knew I had to order it. I have several of his old electronics project books from Radio Shack and need to add this to my collection.

#18 2 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

The moment I saw this book was by Forrest J. Mims I knew I had to order it. I have several of his old electronics project books from Radio Shack and need to add this to my collection.

I subscribed Popular Electronics magazine 1977-1982 and the first article I used to read was the Experimenters Corner, and later Project of the Month by Forrest Mims.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 37.50
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 34.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ic-chip-compatability?hl=redwizard000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.