(Topic ID: 310773)

IBTL-mods please don't lock this up! Finally RESPECT !

By luch

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 429 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by poppapin
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

joe.gif
    DSC_0098 (resized).JPG
    DSC_0097 (resized).JPG
    DSC_0095 (resized).JPG
    DSC_0089 (resized).JPG
    DSC_0082 (resized).JPG
    DSC_0078 (resized).JPG
    DSC_0065a (resized).JPG
    DSC_0084 (resized).JPG
    DSC_0074 (resized).JPG
    DSC_0072 (resized).JPG
    DSC_0065a (resized).JPG
    DSC_0060a (resized).JPG
    Punchki Dough (resized).jpg
    DSC_0083 (resized).JPG
    DSC_0080 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chris_p.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 2 years ago

This is a fantastic forum for serious IBTL concerns.

I don't think the mods fully understood the moral hazards of breaking the public trust, not just once (which would be forgivable), but repeatedly. The stress of uncertainty is clearly taking a toll - Pinsiders being driven to drinking; sleep disruption and deprivation is common. Impacts on work and family are clearly documented. This thread aims to extend our understanding of the impact of management practises and IBTL thread conditions on personal well being, in the contemporary workplace, and on the broader Pinside and social realm.

The discussion here should provide an analytic account of IBTL impact on the social well-being of a representative sample of individuals and households. We assess the propensity of IBTL arrangements that are manifested in various IBTL performance systems either to enhance or to diminish quality of life. Initial exploratory study indicates that IBTL management practises and conditions have impacts that extend beyond the workplace and influence the broader well-being of ALL pinsiders, as clearly documented and mentioned above...

1 week later
    #14 2 years ago

Gotta admit, IBTL managed to normalize what sounds INSANE outside that thread. IATL? That doesn't make sense! But there we are, actually considering this it as a possible award. And in IBTL context, it makes good sense!

sup1.gifsup1.gif
    #16 2 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

How about FAIL? First After In Lock
    [quoted image]

THIS. See. IBTL 2 totally rocks! I'm gonna keep it FAIL: First In After Lock ---and NEVER admit to noticing, no matter what.

Just like I KEEP doing THIS:
    ITBL 2 (resized).jpgITBL 2 (resized).jpg

#18 2 years ago
    Fail disney (resized).jpgFail disney (resized).jpg
    #19 2 years ago

Awards Given

Fail Town (resized).jpgFail Town (resized).jpg
    #24 2 years ago
    Quoted from Gotpins:This is the real deal, OG, original, classic IBTL!

Quoted from Electrocute:

Here we go again, long live Disco! Oops, wrong thread but deserving none the less.

Oh this is an unexpected TWIST loooool

mp.gifmp.giftwist.giftwist.gif
    #30 2 years ago
    lgbt (resized).jpglgbt (resized).jpg
    #51 2 years ago
    hockey1.gifhockey1.gif
    #64 2 years ago

Balance has been restored to the universe

Pick-Me (resized).jpgPick-Me (resized).jpg
    #86 2 years ago
    frogs (resized).jpgfrogs (resized).jpg
    #109 2 years ago
    bal 1.gifbal 1.gif
    #110 2 years ago
    barn 1.gifbarn 1.gif
    #114 2 years ago
    carpet (resized).jpgcarpet (resized).jpg
    #115 2 years ago
    IKEA (resized).jpgIKEA (resized).jpg
    #117 2 years ago

<looks around> seems OK to MEeeeee

twilight zone (resized).jpgtwilight zone (resized).jpg
    #118 2 years ago

IN Before the LOCK

cash me (resized).jpgcash me (resized).jpg
    #119 2 years ago

IN

cumin (resized).jpgcumin (resized).jpg
    #126 2 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Bad idea. Good execution. Finding out Mirco makes the playfield ;(
    edit - playfield is not made by Mirco, that was a joke.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

LOL it was a good joke!

#130 2 years ago
    cant be done.gifcant be done.gif
    #131 2 years ago

IBTU

lock not (resized).jpglock not (resized).jpg
    #133 2 years ago

UCLT - U Can't!

Nuh-uh (resized).jpgNuh-uh (resized).jpg
    #136 2 years ago

Please Don't

baby eats cat (resized).jpgbaby eats cat (resized).jpg
    #137 2 years ago

Try Not To

cp333e_1438923992842 (resized).pngcp333e_1438923992842 (resized).png
    #138 2 years ago
    gun (resized).jpggun (resized).jpg
    #139 2 years ago

Please Do Not

manbun (resized).jpgmanbun (resized).jpg
    #140 2 years ago

NOT YOU

mehgan (resized).jpgmehgan (resized).jpg
    #141 2 years ago

You CAN'T

offensive2 (resized).jpgoffensive2 (resized).jpg
    #142 2 years ago

You...um, can't

reading undercover (resized).pngreading undercover (resized).png
    10 months later
    #251 1 year ago
    IBTL again (resized).pngIBTL again (resized).png
    1 week later
    #313 1 year ago

Remember the HamDog from the Dixie Classic Fair? It was a Hotdog, wrapped in a Hamburger, deep fried, then covered with Cheese, Onions, Chili, and Bacon.

I know what you are thinking.

You are thinking “What could be BETTER than THAT?!”

I think I’ve got it…

hamdog BIG (resized).jpghamdog BIG (resized).jpg
    #314 1 year ago

First we make a Pizza Crust with Flour, a half cup of Semolina Flour, Water, Yeast, and a tiny bit of Salt and Sugar.

DSC_0217 (resized).JPGDSC_0217 (resized).JPG
    #315 1 year ago

Let the crust rise while we assemble our ingredients.

DSC_0218 (resized).JPGDSC_0218 (resized).JPG
    #316 1 year ago

Oh LOOK – They actually sell Fatburgers at Walmart! Thank You Magic Johnson!

And Hot Dogs, but not just ANY Hot Dogs – BACON Hot Dogs! I’d never seen these before. PERFECT!

DSC_0230 (resized).JPGDSC_0230 (resized).JPG
    #317 1 year ago

Ingredients assembled and the crust is ready!

DSC_0250 (resized).JPGDSC_0250 (resized).JPG
    #318 1 year ago

Slice the tomatoes, pickles and onion. Grate the cheese. Time to grill these Fatburgers.

DSC_0252 (resized).JPGDSC_0252 (resized).JPG
    #319 1 year ago

Roll Those Wieners!

DSC_0259 (resized).JPGDSC_0259 (resized).JPG
    #320 1 year ago

Perfect! Now for the Toppings!

DSC_0261 (resized).JPGDSC_0261 (resized).JPG
    #321 1 year ago

American Cheese.

DSC_0264 (resized).JPGDSC_0264 (resized).JPG
    #322 1 year ago

Fatburgers chopped and on top.

DSC_0266 (resized).JPGDSC_0266 (resized).JPG
    #323 1 year ago

Catsup and Mustard

DSC_0268 (resized).JPGDSC_0268 (resized).JPG
    #324 1 year ago

Onions. Pickles. That’s Right. Pickles.

DSC_0270 (resized).JPGDSC_0270 (resized).JPG
    #325 1 year ago

Grated Mozzarella, because this is a pizza, and sliced tomatoes.

DSC_0271 (resized).JPGDSC_0271 (resized).JPG
    #326 1 year ago

And a signature ring of Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce. And now into the Oven it Goes!

DSC_0272 (resized).JPGDSC_0272 (resized).JPG
    #327 1 year ago

A Masterpiece! I can See this on a BillBoard Soon! A BEAST-ZA! The HAM-DOG-ZA!
    The Hammiest Doggiest Pizza EVER!

DSC_0276 (resized).JPGDSC_0276 (resized).JPG
    #328 1 year ago

Believe it or not, we are NOT done! One more Topping is needed, because what Ham-Dog-Za is complete without…

DSC_0282 (resized).JPGDSC_0282 (resized).JPG
    #329 1 year ago

Lettuce! And Horseradish Cheddar Chips. And a Coke!

DSC_0281 (resized).JPGDSC_0281 (resized).JPG
    #331 1 year ago

I’ve never had a Chinese Pork Bun, but the pizza recipe was posted on the internet so it HAD to be good, right?

The sauce was a mixture of Italian, Mexican, American, and Chinese. It starts with Hunts Garlic and Herb Pasta Sauce.

Then Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce, Hoisin Sauce, Oyster Sauce, Rice Vinegar, Sesame Oil, and Barley Malt Syrup.

I do not think that the Chinese can even PRONOUNCE “Barley Malt Syrup”, so what is it doing in there?

Then I dumped in something called Chinese Five Spice powder, and then Liquid Smoke. How could that not be good?

DSC_0600 (resized).JPGDSC_0600 (resized).JPG
    #332 1 year ago

The Pizza Dough is rising and I wrote down the sauce recipe. Here we go!

DSC_0601 (resized).JPGDSC_0601 (resized).JPG
    #333 1 year ago

The sauce is mixed, and the recipe said I could use Chicken instead of Pork, but I still have to call it a Pork Bun Pizza.
    I guess it is like the way Pierogi might have potatoes or cheese or prunes. I am getting suspicious about what seems like a huge amount of ingredients. This was supposed to make ONE pizza.
    And the third topping here is shredded Cabbage…

DSC_0611 (resized).JPGDSC_0611 (resized).JPG
    #334 1 year ago

Ok, I dumped a whole lot of sauce on the crust, and clearly I have enough sauce left over for a second pizza.

It looks like we’ll be eating this all week. It better be good!

DSC_0621 (resized).JPGDSC_0621 (resized).JPG
    #335 1 year ago

Now Chicken on the sauce. I have a bunch of leftover chicken as well.

DSC_0626 (resized).JPGDSC_0626 (resized).JPG
    #336 1 year ago

So I just put half the raw cabbage on top. If the pizza bombs, I guess we’ll have chicken salad and cole slaw tomorrow.

DSC_0630 (resized).JPGDSC_0630 (resized).JPG
    #337 1 year ago

And now the recipe calls for Chow Mien Noodles, and those French's French Fried Onions, the ones used on a green bean casserole. Seriously. Don’t believe it?

DSC_0637 (resized).JPGDSC_0637 (resized).JPG
    #338 1 year ago

Well take a closer look. Yep, Chow Mein Noodles and Crispy Fried Onions.
    I know what you are thinking at this point.
    You are thinking “How can we make this EVEN BETTER?”

DSC_0641 (resized).JPGDSC_0641 (resized).JPG
    #339 1 year ago

How about covering it with Walmart Fiesta Blend Cheese?
    That’s what the recipe specifically calls for. Fiesta is Monterey Jack, Mexican Queso Quesadillo, and Asadero Cheese.
    What the HELL is Asadero Cheese? Donkey Milk? I thought it was Asiago until looked at the picture as I typed this.
    Google says it is Mexican Nacho Cheese. Is this REALLY an Authentic Chinese Ingredient?

DSC_0643 (resized).JPGDSC_0643 (resized).JPG
    #340 1 year ago

The recipe said to bake for 25 to 35 minutes at 425 degrees. I set the dinger for 25 minutes.

Good thing I checked it after 15 minutes! It is already kind of over-done! So how did it TASTE?

DSC_0654 (resized).JPGDSC_0654 (resized).JPG
    #341 1 year ago

It was SO GOOD that we made ANOTHER Chinese Pork Bun Pizza tonight! Crunchy and Sweet and Mexi-Chiny!

This one was kind of UNDER-Done, though, but it will re-heat really well when we re-bake the leftovers.

DSC_0680 (resized).JPGDSC_0680 (resized).JPG
    1 week later
    #347 1 year ago

In America, they are called Golumpki. I tried to google Gowumpki, but it insisted that it is spelled Golumpki.

In Poland, it is spelled gołąbki. But is PRONOUNCED “Gowumpki”. It means Pigeon, because um, it just does.
    But even in Poland, Golumpkies are not made out of pigeons.

The Polish word Gowumpki is plural because a typical serving consists of several Golumpki. If you have only one, you have a Go-WUMP.

In Czech and Slovak, Holubki is the plural. If you have only one, it is a holub.
    In Russia they are called Golubtsy. In the Ukraine they are Holubtsi.

Real Polish people point out that no one would EVER say Go-WUMP.
    They would call just one a Golabek. But they PRONOUNCE it “go-woom-bek”.

#348 1 year ago

Golumpkies have been around a long time. Back in Ancient Rus, which was Ukraine, western Russia, Slovakia, and eastern Poland, Golumpkis were considered traditional. So they were probably making Golumpki for centuries before that.

Ancient Rus split into the Greek Orthodox Muscovy (Moscow), and the Catholic Poland/Slovakia/Lithuania in a war led by Casimir IV Jagiello.

They were badly outnumbered, but the Polish story is that Casimir fed his army with gołąbki before a key battle of the Thirteen Years' War, and his victory stemmed from the strength of the hearty meal. Casimir IV Jagiello became Grand Duke of Lithuania and King of Poland. Because of Golumpki.

Casimir should have been the patron saint of Golumpki. Instead, he became Saint Casimir, Patron Saint of Poland.
    And Patron Saint of Lithuania. And Patron Saint of the Young. So I guess he was happy with that.

#349 1 year ago

Slovakia already had three Patron saints for 600 years before Ancient Rus split up. The first was The Virgin Mary.
    The others were two Byzantine Greek brothers named Saint Cyril and Saint Methodius .

They invented the Cyrillic alphabet, which is the oldest known Slavic alphabet, in order to translate the Bible into the Slavic languages. In 1980, Pope John Paul II declared them Patron Saints of Europe, together with Benedict of Nursia.

Poland is densely forested, so they use a lot of mushrooms, forest fruits, and nuts. And they have a lot of cows and pigs.
    And Pigeons. And long cold seasons where the main thing that grows really well is cabbage.

So Stuffed Cabbage Golumpki is just logical. In 1518 the Queen of Poland brought over hundreds of chefs from Italy and France. Because she was really into cooking. These chefs introduced leeks, carrots, lettuce and celery and other vegi’s.
    Even today, vegetables like leeks, carrots and celery are known in Polish as włoszczyzna, which refers to Włochy, the Polish name of Italy.

The first Polish cook-book was by Lucyna Ćwierczakiewiczowa. Say THAT three times fast!

#350 1 year ago

What is surprising is that Poland has the worlds lowest percentage of overweight people. And Europe’s highest proportion of high school graduates, over 90% of Poles graduated high school. America only has 75% high school grads.

Poles have won a total of 17 Nobel prizes. The biochemist Casimir Funk got one for first isolating and formulating the concept of "vitamins". He also named them “Vitamins”. Too bad he was humble, because we could have been taking our daily Funkamins.

got_golabki_tshirts (resized).jpggot_golabki_tshirts (resized).jpg
    #351 1 year ago

Here is Saint Casimir’s Tomb. Looks pretty Bling.

Casimir IV Jagiellon Toumb Wawel Cathedral (resized).jpgCasimir IV Jagiellon Toumb Wawel Cathedral (resized).jpg
    #352 1 year ago

And next is one of HUNDREDS of Saint Casimir Statues. This one is in Warsaw:

Statue_of_Casimir_IV_Jagiellon_in_Malbork33 (resized).JPGStatue_of_Casimir_IV_Jagiellon_in_Malbork33 (resized).JPG
    #353 1 year ago

They have tons of statues of Saint Casimir in Poland and in Lithuania. You would think that somewhere there would be a Golumpki Statue. But I looked and looked, and couldn’t find a single one.

What’s up with THAT? I couldn’t even find a Golumpki Festival, like the Pierogi Festival in Whiting.

Lots of Polish Festivals featuring Golumpki, but not a single Golumpki Fest. Or even a Stuffed-Cabbage Fest.
    Then I thought Maybe they call them Pigs-in-a-Blanket, so I googled THAT.

Well, google insists that Golumpki are never called Pigs-in-a-Blanket. Only Hot Dogs rolled up in Biscuit Dough are called Pigs-in-a-Blanket. Stupid google.

There is not even an entry in the Guinness Book of World Records for the Biggest Golumpki! How is this even POSSIBLE?

I should TOTALLY create a Golumpki Fest in Cedar Grove. That would totally confuse the three people who would come to it, and might shame the polish places into seeing if they could do it better.

And I’d make the Worlds Biggest Golumpki. --- It would only have to be around two pounds.
    And again, maybe some Polish Community would take it as a challenge to do better.

#354 1 year ago

I even talked to Pam about making a Golumpki Statue out of Fiberglass. I envision getting rich selling it to Chicago.
    I’d have them take down that stupid Bean in Millennium Park and replace it with a huge Golumpki!
    Now THAT would make Chicago people Proud!

chicago_gOLUMPKI (resized).jpgchicago_gOLUMPKI (resized).jpg
    #355 1 year ago

The symbol of Warsaw, Poland’s capital, is a mermaid. The symbol of Poland is a white eagle wearing a crown.
    American only has an Eagle. Not only does it NOT wear a crown, it is Bald! We totally should steal Poland’s symbol.

In Krakow, every hour a trumpeter plays the same melody from the top of a tower in the Krakow Square.
    However, he abruptly stops the tune in the middle of a note and never finishes.

This symbolizes the original Trumpeter of Krakow, who, long ago, from the top of the tower, saw invaders coming and he played his trumpet to warn the citizens to flee the city. Many citizens heard him play and managed to escape, but as the invaders rode into town, one of them shot an arrow at the trumpeter and killed him while he was playing, interrupting his song. That’s why today the trumpeter never finishes the song.

#356 1 year ago

Polish people went to Sweden and Finland, and brought Golumpki. But tomatoes do not grow there, so in Sweden and Finland, Golumpki are always served with Lingonberry Jam on top.

Typical Ukrainian Holubtsi traditionally contain rice only, since the typical peasant diet was largely vegetarian due to the higher cost of meat.

In Romania they stuff cabbage leaves with shredded cabbage or sauerkraut, not meat. And they pour Dill Soup over the top.

#357 1 year ago

In America, non-Polish people make their Golumpki out of a Stouffer’s Box in the Microwave:

golabki-FROZEN1 (resized).JPGgolabki-FROZEN1 (resized).JPG
    #358 1 year ago

When I was reading about Golumpki, I saw the reference “Golumpki are also handed out on śmingus-dingus.”

What in the world is a smingus-dingus? I investigated, and I am SO glad that I did.

Back in Ancient Rus, over a thousand years ago, they had two festivals: Smingus. And Dingus.
    And they eventually combined them into one.

And all the countries that grew out of Ancient Rus splitting up because Saint Casimir fed his troops Golumpki
    all -still to this day- celebrate Smingus-Dingus on the day after Easter. And it is totally great and bizarre.

#359 1 year ago

The festival is traditionally celebrated by boys throwing water over girls they like and spanking them with pussy willows.

Gangs of boys would sneak into girls' homes at daybreak on Easter Monday and all throw buckets of water over them while they were still in bed. After the buckets of water had been thrown, the screaming girls would be dragged to a nearby river or pond and thrown in. Sometimes a girl would be carried out, still in her bed, and both bed and girl were thrown into the water together.

And the girls that don’t drowned, you can whip them with pussy-willows. Or throw more water on them. All day long.

How awesome is THAT!

But WAIT! There is MORE!

In the afternoon of Smingus-Dingus day, the boys would take part in a march known as
    chodzenie po dyngusie – "going on the Dingus" – or z kogutkiem – "with the rooster".

#360 1 year ago

next, THROW HER INTO THE POND!

Dyngus_postcard (resized).jpgDyngus_postcard (resized).jpgding (resized).jpgding (resized).jpgdyngus01 (resized).jpgdyngus01 (resized).jpg
    #361 1 year ago

To go on a Dingus always requires two traditional things. First, you have to dress up like a bear.
    You can either wear a real bearskin, or a stand-in made of pea vines.

Next you need to steal a rooster. You can not take a rooster that someone gives you permission to take.
    You have to steal one. And get the rooster drunk. By feeding it grain soaked in vodka.

Once you have your bear costume and your drunk, stolen rooster, you are all set.
    You may now go door to door and get Golumpki.

The Dingus Parade is kind of like Halloween, except people hand out Golumpki to the bears with the drunk roosters.

And that’s why people always make WAY too much food on Easter. So that there will be plenty for the bears the next day.

And this has been going on for a thousand years.

Some people tried to stop it. In 1410 it was forbidden by the Bishop of Poznań in an edict titled Dingus Prohibitur,
    which instructed residents not to "pester or plague others in what is universally called Dingus".

People totally ignored the Bishop.

#362 1 year ago

Here is a display of the bear costumes. I’m guessing that this is the Dingus part. Looks Dingus to ME.

220px-Dziady_?migustne (resized).jpg220px-Dziady_?migustne (resized).jpg
    #363 1 year ago

And more Smingus action.

dyngus-girl (resized).jpgdyngus-girl (resized).jpg

#364 1 year ago

There are slight variations in the way that Smingus-Dingus is celebrated .

In Hungary, they dump buckets of water over old ladies. As in – There’s Someone’s Grandma! Soak Her!

You still gotta have a bear suit, and a drunk rooster though.

In modern times, the festival has just gotten out of hand, with boys generally dumping water on anyone.

And they do this in AMERICA as well! Except that they spell it Dyngus with a Y, and no bears or Golumpki.

#365 1 year ago

In the Polish-American community of Pine Creek, Wisconsin, the boys would break into a girls bedroom and chant
    Dyngus, dyngus, po dwa jaja; nie chce chleba tylko jaja
    ("Dyngus, dyngus, for two eggs; I don't want bread but eggs")

And if she gives them two colored Easter Eggs, they don’t throw buckets of water on her.
    They go to the next girl’s house, break in, and try again.

Dyngus Day is observed in many Polish American communities, most notably in Buffalo, New York, which hosts the largest continuing event commemorating the day.

The Buffalo Dyngus celebrations only started in the 1960s as an effort by the Polish-American community in the city to find a new focus for its identity. It proved hugely successful, and they have a saying: "everybody is Polish on Dyngus Day."

Party-goers dress up in the red-and-white colors of the Polish flag and carry balloons saying "Happy Dyngus Day" in English. So, no bears, no roosters. But they name a pussy willow prince and have lots of pussy willow stuff. And beer.

#366 1 year ago

Ding!

dingus bed (resized).jpgdingus bed (resized).jpg
    #367 1 year ago

Totally out of hand.

dingus (resized).jpgdingus (resized).jpg
    #368 1 year ago

Buffalo, NY -- Dyngus Day Capital of America.

crowd (resized).JPGcrowd (resized).JPG
    #369 1 year ago
    252_COCA_COLA_2013 (resized).jpg252_COCA_COLA_2013 (resized).jpg720_PUSSYWILLOW_PARK_2013 (resized).jpg720_PUSSYWILLOW_PARK_2013 (resized).jpgDD_TREE (resized).jpgDD_TREE (resized).jpg
    #370 1 year ago

Dyngus Day always falls on the Monday after Easter. In 2023, Dyngus Day will take place on Monday, April 10th.

La Port Indiana celebrates Dyngus Day as a sort of huge bar crawl, with busses that stop at every bar.

Closer to home, South Bend Indiana has Dyngus Day every year for the past 80 years!

Bobby Kennedy visited South Bend for Dyngus Day in 1968, and Bill Clinton was in the parade in 2008.

And they have a tradition of eating Polish Sausage, Noodles, and kapusta (whatever THAT is).

No bears or drunk roosters though.

Cleveland OH might have drunk roosters at their celebration....

#371 1 year ago

I should totally do a traditional Smingus-Dingus in cedar grove. You KNOW that I always wanted a Rooster!

Can you imagine how jaw-droppingly MYSTIFIED my neighbors would be if I showed up in a bear costume with a drunk stolen rooster demanding golumpki?

Not to mention how angry they would be to find a strange man with a bucket of water in their daughter’s bedroom at midnight? I doubt I’d get a chance to drag her to the pond afterward, let alone whip her with pussy willows.

And if I somehow survived, how many years in prison would that be? I think it’s ten years mandatory just for stealing a chicken. And add Animal Abuse to the sentence for getting the stolen chicken drunk.

I better stick with the Golumpki Fest.

#372 1 year ago

Well, you KNOW what’s coming up next.

You’ve probably been waiting for it since page one.

So let’s get started!

#373 1 year ago

A Gino’s style crust. Lots of oil, and DO NOT KNEED it! I KNEW you were expecting THIS!!!!!

DSC_0213 (resized).JPGDSC_0213 (resized).JPG
    #374 1 year ago

UGH! Looks like someone threw up! Hamburger, salt, pepper, sugar, poultry seasoning, rice and an egg.

Next I stick my fingers into the throw-up and mix it up real well.

DSC_0238 (resized).JPGDSC_0238 (resized).JPG
    #375 1 year ago

Awww. Now it’s sweet!

DSC_0246 (resized).JPGDSC_0246 (resized).JPG
    #376 1 year ago

Cabbage Leaves

DSC_0223 (resized).JPGDSC_0223 (resized).JPG
    #377 1 year ago

Boiled in vinegar water, Cabbage leaves waiting to be filled

DSC_0231 (resized).JPGDSC_0231 (resized).JPG
    #378 1 year ago

And the crust is ready and shredded cheese in the bottom of the deep dish pan.

DSC_0247 (resized).JPGDSC_0247 (resized).JPG
    #379 1 year ago

A Golumpki Pizza!!!!

DSC_0250 (resized).JPGDSC_0250 (resized).JPG
    #380 1 year ago

Tomato sauce on top and into the oven it goes!

DSC_0258 (resized).JPGDSC_0258 (resized).JPG
    #381 1 year ago

That is one beautiful Deep Dish Golumpki Pizza!

DSC_0302 (resized).JPGDSC_0302 (resized).JPG
    #382 1 year ago

Deep Too! The crust was PERFECT! I tried to weigh this monster but it maxed out my scale.
    So over ten pounds. Probably twenty pounds!

DSC_0349 (resized).JPGDSC_0349 (resized).JPG
    #383 1 year ago

Stick a Fork in one and see if it’s ready

DSC_0359 (resized).JPGDSC_0359 (resized).JPG
    #384 1 year ago

It’s Ready!

DSC_0363 (resized).JPGDSC_0363 (resized).JPG
    #385 1 year ago

Oh my, that was fun!

I know that you totally expected there to be a Golumpki Pizza at the end of the Smingus-Dingus Rainbow.

And it was a DEEEE-LICIOUS Golumpki Pizza Party!!!!

BUT WAIT!!!! THERE’S MORE!!!!!

#386 1 year ago

Now what? A regular crust, oiled and rising.

DSC_0217 (resized).JPGDSC_0217 (resized).JPG
    #387 1 year ago

I actually rise the crusts in the living room where it is warmer, protected by pictures of Mama Cat.

DSC_0219 (resized).JPGDSC_0219 (resized).JPG
    #388 1 year ago

Potatoes and fried onions and fried mushrooms. What’s going on here?

DSC_0221 (resized).JPGDSC_0221 (resized).JPG
    #389 1 year ago

Oh no. Don’t tell me. It certainly can’t be a….

DSC_0255 (resized).JPGDSC_0255 (resized).JPG
    #390 1 year ago

Oh YES IT CAN!!!

I bet you weren’t expecting THAT!

DSC_0259 (resized).JPGDSC_0259 (resized).JPG
    #391 1 year ago

Roll those Pigeons!!!

DSC_0263 (resized).JPGDSC_0263 (resized).JPG
    #392 1 year ago

PERFECT!!!!

DSC_0268 (resized).JPGDSC_0268 (resized).JPG
    #393 1 year ago

Nuked Cream Cheese in the center

DSC_0270 (resized).JPGDSC_0270 (resized).JPG
    #394 1 year ago

Yummy Fried Mushrooms

DSC_0271 (resized).JPGDSC_0271 (resized).JPG
    #395 1 year ago

And Yummy Fried Onions

DSC_0272 (resized).JPGDSC_0272 (resized).JPG
    #396 1 year ago

With Potatoes on Top

DSC_0288 (resized).JPGDSC_0288 (resized).JPG
    #397 1 year ago

And shredded Mozzarella on top of the Potatoes.

DSC_0295 (resized).JPGDSC_0295 (resized).JPG
    #398 1 year ago

And now we have a Golumpki Stuffed Crust Pierogi Pizza!!! Two Delicious Pizza’s in One!

I’m naming it the Smingus-Dingus!

DSC_0326 (resized).JPGDSC_0326 (resized).JPG
    2 weeks later
    #403 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mundy53:

You’re trying to tell me that Poland has less fat people than Yemen, North Korea, or Afghanistan? I do not believe this to be accurate.

loool. This was from 2014, they probably got fatter since then. I know I have! /s

(ps - this was a letter to my polish mother that I still had on my hard drive. So don't like quote it in a dissertation)

#404 1 year ago

Paczki. I had a huge rambling mom-letter about the PaczkiFest, dedicated to Polish Donuts.

It did not survive and I am not surprised, stray files from building and actual printed-and-mailed letter shouldn't and usually do not. The support folders did tho.

250px-paczki (resized).jpg250px-paczki (resized).jpg
    #405 1 year ago

From just one notepad file:

Sure, New Orleans may be famous for its Mardi Gras, but in the Motor City, we get along just fine, thank you, with Paczki Day.

On principle, let's first get this straight: paczki are not doughnuts on steroids. Close, yes, but no paczki. Or shall we say, "no paczek." For the grammar conscious, one of these sinfully rich and delicious old world pastries is called a paczek. Two are referred to as paczki, and anyone partaking of two should be referred to a cardiologist. There are almost as many opinions on pronunciation as there are varieties of paczki, but we provide this guide: POON-check for singular, POONCH-key for plural.

Paczki originated in Poland hundreds of years ago. Lacking dependable refrigeration, and unable to eat eggs, cream and butter during Lent, thrifty Poles converted their perishables into waistline inches. These lard-laden treats, which are pumped up with a jelly filling, average 30 grams of fat and 400 calories each.

#406 1 year ago

Paczki have caught on in other U.S. cities with large Polish populations, but this is Detroit, and on Fat Tuesday, Hamtramck is Paczki Central. Besides waits of an hour or more at its authentic Polish bakeries, this small city-within-a-city hosts a variety of events on the last Tuesday before Lent every year.

Perhaps the highlight of these events is the Paczki eating contest, which is held in the local Knights of Columbus Hall. To the victor goes the Bob Bennett Memorial Cup, named for a beloved, street reporter whose physique suggested he enjoyed more than his share of paczki during his lifetime. Bennett made a point of covering the paczki festivities every year, and is credited by many for making the paczki so popular. The Bennett Cup which is modeled after the Stanley Cup, is made up of an assortment of pots and pans. The proud 2005 winner downed a record 22 paczki in 15 minutes, with strong competition from a pregnant woman who packed away 11 paczki. Besides, the Cup, the winner also took with him an additional 8,800 calories.

Paczki. Breakfast of champions.

#407 1 year ago

I see that I dragged Casimir Pulaski, Lake County War Memorials, Recipes, the Battle of Vienna, Quality Dairy, and Pulaski Park Toilets into this one.

Punchki 1 (resized).jpgPunchki 1 (resized).jpgPunchki 2 (resized).jpgPunchki 2 (resized).jpgPunchki 3 (resized).jpgPunchki 3 (resized).jpg
    #408 1 year ago

But at the end of the day

it's all about the challenge

and being a goof

And going places that no pizza has gone before....

#409 1 year ago
    DSC_0061 (resized).JPGDSC_0061 (resized).JPG
    #410 1 year ago

First we start with the finest North Carolina Paczki. Pretty sure that this picture brought howls of laughter...

DSC_0062 (resized).JPGDSC_0062 (resized).JPG
    #411 1 year ago

add some sauce

DSC_0068 (resized).JPGDSC_0068 (resized).JPG
    #412 1 year ago

onions under the cheese

DSC_0069 (resized).JPGDSC_0069 (resized).JPG
    #413 1 year ago

some vegi action

DSC_0070 (resized).JPGDSC_0070 (resized).JPG
    #414 1 year ago

and meat rounds

DSC_0071 (resized).JPGDSC_0071 (resized).JPG
    #415 1 year ago

Under the broiler for a short time

DSC_0079 (resized).JPGDSC_0079 (resized).JPG
    #416 1 year ago

And we got PIZZA PACZKI

DSC_0080 (resized).JPGDSC_0080 (resized).JPGDSC_0083 (resized).JPGDSC_0083 (resized).JPG

#417 1 year ago

Punchki. Paczki. Same thing. Normal fillings are, like, prune or custard or lemon.

Did I mention that since it's Polish they put straight grain alcohol in the dough? No I did not. But YES THEY DO!

It all boils off tho. We're not talking boozy rum-balls here. But when the HEAVY calorie-laden dough hits the oil, grain alcohol vapors just FIRE OFF even more so than the water turning to steam, and helps the dense dough rise to fluffy perfection.

(total aside - Early 60's.s - Redbook or whatever Modern Mom Magazine introduced the trendy BRAND NEW popularization of "Jello Shots". Mom HAD to try that. Would that really work? So she dumped a rainbow of packets of kool-aid into columns of kitchen glasses filled with Smirnoff, then into 64 2" paper bathroom cups. It worked! She gathered the kids & dad to try ALL the flavors.... Wheeee!)

Punchki Dough (resized).jpgPunchki Dough (resized).jpg

#418 1 year ago

But WAIT! There's MORE!

DSC_0060a (resized).JPGDSC_0060a (resized).JPG
    #419 1 year ago

OK so Pizza Punchki is a thing now. But I JUST HAPPEN to have these tiny single serving crusts sitting here...

DSC_0065a (resized).JPGDSC_0065a (resized).JPG
    #420 1 year ago

It's a desert AND a topping!

DSC_0072 (resized).JPGDSC_0072 (resized).JPG
    #421 1 year ago

The shape does not lend itself to holding shredded cheese tho... so we gotta pile it UP. Mission control vertical cheese tower ready for launch.

DSC_0074 (resized).JPGDSC_0074 (resized).JPG
    #422 1 year ago

Annnnd as NO ONE was surprised to see, a DEEE-Licious Paczki Pizza!

DSC_0084 (resized).JPGDSC_0084 (resized).JPG
    #424 1 year ago

BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!!!!

You see, most blokes, you know, will be eating Pizza Paczki. Or Paczki Pizza. You're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten. Where can you go from there? Where?

I don't know.

Nowhere. Exactly. What we do is, if we need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?

DSC_0065a (resized).JPGDSC_0065a (resized).JPG
    #425 1 year ago
    DSC_0078 (resized).JPGDSC_0078 (resized).JPGDSC_0082 (resized).JPGDSC_0082 (resized).JPG
    #426 1 year ago

Put it up to eleven?

Eleven. Exactly. One louder.

DSC_0089 (resized).JPGDSC_0089 (resized).JPG
    #427 1 year ago

These go to eleven.

DSC_0095 (resized).JPGDSC_0095 (resized).JPGDSC_0097 (resized).JPGDSC_0097 (resized).JPG
    #428 1 year ago

Pizza Paczki.
    Paczki Pizza. And: PIZZA PACZKI PIZZA!

DSC_0098 (resized).JPGDSC_0098 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chris_p.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ibtl-ii-mods-please-lock-this-up-?tu=chris_p and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.