1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 406 posts
  • 116 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by BenLogan
  • Topic is favorited by 16 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 58 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1447 (resized).JPG
IMG_1472 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).PNG
20171118_193251 (resized).jpg
20171118_113419 (resized).jpg
20171118_112802 (resized).jpg
20171118_112549 (resized).jpg
20171118_112605 (resized).jpg
20171117_215002 (resized).jpg
small_world_sign1-goldhaber (resized).jpg
060A00FE-8CAE-4008-8C82-B3548D82385C (resized).jpeg
GOTG 3 (resized).jpg
IMG_2652 (resized).JPG
0ADD069A-C47A-481F-B506-93A3C885CCFF (resized).jpeg
EDA6663F-930A-4A54-82D7-3B49883EE4B2 (resized).jpeg
B40A3AE8-2522-4B3D-89E8-1CB815D110CC (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#133 1 year ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Title has JJP Pirates in it....was that there?? Lol

Agreed! I would like to hear and see more on jjppotc please!

#179 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

But JJP never has poor code?

Have they ever shipped a game with poor code?

#307 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

First of all I’m not new to pinball, but it doesn’t take a genius to know that JJP isn’t putting low quality playfields in their games and taking them around to shows for all of their potential customers to see, that would pretty stupid don’t you think? I’m not even knocking JJP playfields either for that matter, I believe that they have good quality playfields for the record but I also KNOW that their playfields dimple just like other playfields do. I guarantee you that there is little to no difference in the playfield in that POTC game then what they will be shipping to their customers once they go into production. The same goes for GOTG, the playfield you see at that show is the same damn playfield that you are going to get in November if you order a brand new GOTG pinball machine. Any fool knows that.

Not sure for POTC but. Would assume it is the same as DI. WIth DI JJP showed that they cared to actually have months of play testing on prototype or test machines. These test machines have protoype p,ayfields which are made differently than the production ones. THey are also often a sped up process as thye want to get test games assembled and get the real world valuable feedback.

In short, you are blinded by your support of Stern and often overlook facts about other companies that don't conform with your fan attitude. JJP does in fact put effort into play testing with real world data and they now make many adjustments to the product before it hits end users.

#332 1 year ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Are there any playfields that never had a single dimple on it from any manufacturer?

Slugfest

In reality, the sonic games look like brand new in many cases. Just looking at one will likely cause lead poisoning but so woth it...

#340 1 year ago
Quoted from RTS:

So what's the value of testing if they are gonna use something else in production?
That stupid thinking is why I had to buy a replacement play field for my Woz.

Multiple test games. Multiple variables. Take the real world data to production.

Far as i know this is current practice and lots of improvements from first woz.

#388 1 year ago
Quoted from pipes:

There's two awesome pins coming out soon.....why is everyone so salty?

because sadly, a large percentage of the salty ones are distributors for only 1 of the games and they think by talking constant smack on the hype machine of Pinside that they will be able to sway public opinion and turn more sales of the game they are hawking.

Perfect point is being made in this thread where 1 guy that is a Stern seller/reseller has taken up the charge.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside