20171117_215002 (resized).jpg
small_world_sign1-goldhaber (resized).jpg
060A00FE-8CAE-4008-8C82-B3548D82385C (resized).jpeg
GOTG 3 (resized).jpg
IMG_2652 (resized).JPG
0ADD069A-C47A-481F-B506-93A3C885CCFF (resized).jpeg
EDA6663F-930A-4A54-82D7-3B49883EE4B2 (resized).jpeg
B40A3AE8-2522-4B3D-89E8-1CB815D110CC (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider who-dey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#157 6 years ago

Seems like Guardians is getting alot of love. Just curious, for those that are at the show and have played both GOTG and POTC, which game do you like the most?

#173 6 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Right now the winner is Guardians for us.
But the code on Pirates is way way early right now.
Even though Guardians is early as well it is more fun at the moment.

That's surprising and not the answer that I was expecting. Do we need to start a new thread called "A dark night for JJP"?

#178 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

But JJP never has poor code?

That’s what I’ve always been told. Now I am really confused.

#288 6 years ago

Ohhhhh..........myyyyy.............Gooooooood!!!

That picture has got to be Photoshopped because I know that there ain’t no JJP games got no dimpling on them!

#291 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Because it's a prototype playfield and not a Mirco one ?
LTG : )

You’re joking I hope right?

#295 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No. Not wishing to get into a dimple debate. Just pointing out like Dialed In test games last year. Not production playfields.
LTG : )

Not wanting to debate it either but that playfield is the same exact playfield that will be on production games and all playfields dimple.

#298 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

It's not the same. JJP doesn't put final playfields in their test games. Lloyd is a tech. He would know much better than you, by the way.

So the playfield that they are going to sell the customers is untested? Please tell me what the difference is oh smart one? Are you going to really try and tell me that the playfields that the customers will be getting won’t dimple? I guess you think that JJP puts low quality playfields in their games and takes them to all of the shows for customers to see all beat up and trashed right? Give me a F break Jarhead!

#302 6 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Throw a 1inch steel ball at your hardwood floor, report back......

Iceman was just being funny and making a joke.

#304 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Wow. You're in your own little world, aren't you? Just go ahead and ignore long established facts. It makes you look really smart and reasonable.
I freaking hate what the new blood collectors bring to this hobby. Willful ignorance, fanboyism, and militancy. What a fun combo we have in these guys.

First of all I’m not new to pinball, but it doesn’t take a genius to know that JJP isn’t putting low quality playfields in their games and taking them around to shows for all of their potential customers to see, that would pretty stupid don’t you think? I’m not even knocking JJP playfields either for that matter, I believe that they have good quality playfields for the record but I also KNOW that their playfields dimple just like other playfields do. I guarantee you that there is little to no difference in the playfield in that POTC game then what they will be shipping to their customers once they go into production. The same goes for GOTG, the playfield you see at that show is the same damn playfield that you are going to get in November if you order a brand new GOTG pinball machine. Any fool knows that.

#305 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Wow. You're in your own little world, aren't you? Just go ahead and ignore long established facts. It makes you look really smart and reasonable.
I freaking hate what the new blood collectors bring to this hobby. Willful ignorance, fanboyism, and militancy. What a fun combo we have in these guys.

You still didn’t tell me the difference in the playfields. I really would like to know. Please share your great wisdom with us pinball noobs.

#309 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Not sure for POTC but. Would assume it is the same as DI. WIth DI JJP showed that they cared to actually have months of play testing on prototype or test machines. These test machines have protoype p,ayfields which are made differently than the production ones. THey are also often a sped up process as thye want to get test games assembled and get the real world valuable feedback.
In short, you are blinded by your support of Stern and often overlook facts about other companies that don't conform with your fan attitude. JJP does in fact put effort into play testing with real world data and they now make many adjustments to the product before it hits end users.

Of course they play test their games and playfields etc, and so does Stern and Spooky and every other company, but that doesn’t mean that it’s not going to be the same kind of playfield in the games that are going to be shipped to customers once they start shipping. I am sure that the playfields that are used in the POTC games are most likely the same as the ones that were used in the DI games. Their playfields are already good quality so no sense to keep wildly changing what works is there? You can call anything a prototype, that doesn’t mean that it’s of a lesser quantity than what the customers are going to be getting. A prototype would actually be the playfield that they intend to use and they are making sure it holds up well. I’ll bet you anything you want that if you get a new POTC game when they come out that it’s going to dimple also just like the one in the picture. Dimpling does not mean low quality, it’s just something that happens to playfields. Some people think prototype means that they just quickly throw a junk playfield into a game knowing it’s going to have clearcoat chipping and dimpling etc, that’s simply not true.

P.S. Shouldn’t you be trying to rip someone off on a pinball machine like you did with AMH instead of chasing me around these forums like a little girl and downvoting me all the time?

#310 6 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

When does Jackie D stream his rip on GOTG?

Monday, not sure which model he will be streaming first though.

#401 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Not trying to be a dick but the very prominent "Jersey Jack" plaque has to come off when i get my pin

I agree. Pirates is gonna be a superb game though!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, IL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider who-dey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iaapa-2017-guardians-of-the-galaxy?tu=who-dey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.