New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 202617)

IAAPA 2017 Stern Guardians of the Galaxy & JJP Pirates

By mnpinball

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 406 posts
  • 116 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by BenLogan
  • Topic is favorited by 16 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 58 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1447 (resized).JPG
IMG_1472 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).PNG
20171118_193251 (resized).jpg
20171118_113419 (resized).jpg
20171118_112802 (resized).jpg
20171118_112549 (resized).jpg
20171118_112605 (resized).jpg
20171117_215002 (resized).jpg
small_world_sign1-goldhaber (resized).jpg
060A00FE-8CAE-4008-8C82-B3548D82385C (resized).jpeg
GOTG 3 (resized).jpg
IMG_2652 (resized).JPG
0ADD069A-C47A-481F-B506-93A3C885CCFF (resized).jpeg
EDA6663F-930A-4A54-82D7-3B49883EE4B2 (resized).jpeg
B40A3AE8-2522-4B3D-89E8-1CB815D110CC (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jar155.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#59 2 years ago

Looks like some mode music isn't in there yet and lots of placeholder stuff. I'm sure it will be a lot more fully featured on the sound side by the time they do the full live stream.

Rules seem Aerosmith-ish, but hard to tell.

#90 2 years ago

Dang it. Why did they bring back the left orbit shot hitting a diverter and coming back down the left side? That was a bummer in Metallica.

#93 2 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Love the theme. Love the music.
No sound clips from the movies at all is a Major downer.

I think they'll be in there with more updates. There is a lot of missing stuff right now.

Quoted from TomGWI:

The up post past the lanes? You can disable it in Metallica in settings.

I know that you can, but I've never come across one that has it disabled out of the hundreds I've played.

#123 2 years ago

There's a good chance that the code is further along than what we see here, but for the show they went with the most stable version. That's pretty common for a demo. If you go to E3, a lot of the video game demos are a few build versions behind, but they're stable.

#169 2 years ago

Pirates and Guardians are going to be very, very different games. People are naturally going to gravitate to one or the other, and in the end, it's going to be what type of game you prefer (fast combos vs. more targeted shooting).

Pirates has everything I want right now. It has tons of unique shots, new ideas, and new takes on existing ideas. It just looks so fresh. But that price...dang.

#218 2 years ago

I have no problem with "sound alike" actors in pinball. They usually do a great job and it's really nice to have custom speech rather than trying to shoehorn quotes into everything. It's a bummer Chris Pratt couldn't have sat down to do lines though. That assures that J.K. Simmons remains the GOAT.

#225 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Oh no, custom call outs could ruin the whole pin.

Wait, what? Somehow the game is going to play differently because of custom speech?

#262 2 years ago

Given that there's a lock in Groot's mouth, I don't think his mouth will move while he speaks.

#278 2 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Do they have JJP on lockdown or something? I have not seen any pics

It sounds like they're not allowing videos.

#280 2 years ago

Filming without a press pass is technically not allowed at IAAPA unless you're under special circumstances (guest of a exhibitor or the show). It just happens that it's not always strictly enforced. There have been a few videos of GOTG, but not a flood of them.

#285 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I've always taken video of everything at IAAPA. Never had a problem. They just don't want people to see the Alpha software.
Here is a video I made in 2012 using an actual video camera instead of a phone. Great show by the way.
» YouTube video

Right. They don't enforce it very much, but by their written rules, you're not supposed to. It just gives exhibitors an easy out to ask people to not film if they don't want their early build products shown to the wider public.

#296 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Not wanting to debate it either but that playfield is the same exact playfield that will be on production games and all playfields dimple.

It's not the same. JJP doesn't put final playfields in their test games. Lloyd is a tech. He would know much better than you, by the way.

#301 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

So the playfield that they are going to sell the customers is untested? Please tell me what the difference is oh smart one? Are you going to really try and tell me that the playfields that the customers will be getting won’t dimple? I guess you think that JJP puts low quality playfields in their games and takes them to all of the shows for customers to see all beat up and trashed right? Give me a F break Jarhead!

Wow. You're in your own little world, aren't you? Just go ahead and ignore long established facts. It makes you look really smart and reasonable.

I freaking hate what the new blood collectors bring to this hobby. Willful ignorance, fanboyism, and militancy. What a fun combo we have in these guys.

#303 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

WTF, why is my POTC PF all moon cratered up?

Pirates of the Craterbeing.

#383 2 years ago

Flipper launch is not a new thing in pinball. Many games have that feature, including Sterns, JJPs, and B/Ws. I'm baffled that someone with as much pinball exposure as ASOA would be so confused by that option. Also, there's a basic misunderstanding about the history of prototype vs. production machines with that guy. I guess if you shout loud enough people might think you know what you're talking about though, right? A distributor really should know better.

Anyway...

Did IAAPA or Free Play Florida release awards yet? Any awards raked in by Guardians, TNA, or Pirates?

#404 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Not trying to be a dick but the very prominent "Jersey Jack" plaque has to come off when i get my pin

POTC: Plaques (size) of the Caribbean.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 26.95
$ 94.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jar155.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside