20171117_215002 (resized).jpg
small_world_sign1-goldhaber (resized).jpg
060A00FE-8CAE-4008-8C82-B3548D82385C (resized).jpeg
GOTG 3 (resized).jpg
IMG_2652 (resized).JPG
0ADD069A-C47A-481F-B506-93A3C885CCFF (resized).jpeg
EDA6663F-930A-4A54-82D7-3B49883EE4B2 (resized).jpeg
B40A3AE8-2522-4B3D-89E8-1CB815D110CC (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#100 6 years ago

Game looks pretty awesome. Thanks for sharing.

If they can incorporate some really good call outs, this will be a hit. Not sure how I feel about the recycled Aerosmith rules; hopefully Lonnie takes that ruleset to the next level and really gives it more spice and breadth than AS.

Definitely on my radar, good job Borg/Lonnie/Stern!

#109 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Game does look fun, but question wasnt aerosmith rules a rehash of kiss rules? And now this is a rehash of aerosmith? So this is basicly the 3rd generation of kiss code at this point?

I never cared for KISS game or theme so don’t know all that much about it, but yea you’re right - 3rd generation code lol. And some of that is taken from TF. Nothing too wrong with that I suppose except it poses a last ability issue in a collection if you’re already all too familiar with the previous generation rulesets. Hopefully this 3rd generation raises the bar some. Definitely not worth preordering til we find out. Wonder if they’ll have better incorporated smart missles?

#167 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

That's fair, but I guess I was just asking about the code altogether, not necessarily for my own buying purposes.

From what I see in these videos, it’s definitely a wait and see what happens. I hear 0 call outs. Sound seems weak. RGB integration looks weak. Missing display clips. Choreography is off. Overall this thing looks very very beta. That said, I have this funny feeling this game is going to rock, but I’d definitely give it a few months to cook in the oven and see how it matures.

#176 6 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Seeing as this thread is all about GOTG and POTCJJP at IAAPA
here is my HD (720) GOTG PRO footage on a tripod from today...
» YouTube video
I may do a POTC JJP video tomorrow, tbd...

I'd love to see a JPOTC video of this same angle. Thanks for posting. We trust you're not bogarting the machine with these 30 min videos?

#198 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

And? ..... look how much more there is to potc on the playfield and code wise when done.....not even in the same boat. Not that means anything but sterm can pump out cookie cutterisk pins with standard code much easier than a newer/smaller company with much more complicated pins. I love all pinball but theres not much variation between stern pins anymore and once u own a few they all kinda feel the same over the past 3-4 years.

Agreed. That was my impression of these videos on GOTG. Looks good, but shoots just like every other stern I've owned - how long will that last in a small collection? My personal dilemma is im working in a $10k budget for pinball next year and with the limited space I have, JPOTC is at the top of the list. I had DI on the list but don't like the linear nature that the rules are moving toward since this past update. But, if I stretch that budget by $1k more, I can get 2 stern pros like GOTG + SW. Hard to beat that - even though owning a stern right now isn't as appealing for reasons said; cookie cutter all too familiar tables.

People say it's a good time to be in the hobby now, but with all these NIB titles to choose from with NIB prices at an all time high, it actually kinda sucks in a weird way. I thought when supply outweighed demand, prices were supposed to stabailize and/or fall, not continue to get higher each release lol. $9500 JPOTC is a tough pill to swallow. But, I do trust in Keefer to bring a better, more last ability ruleset to the table than Lonnie/Stern.

I'm overstimulated with all the options honestly LOL. I just wished I lived 2 hours closer to Ayce Gogi, then I wouldn't have too worry about buying pinball's or even budgeting for one. Jealous for people who live close to high quality pinball locations, no need to own these high dollar machines if so to be honest.

#221 6 years ago

I think Groot + Rocket would be a fantastic narrative for Pinball:

Groot: ‘I am Groot!’
Rocket: ‘yea, I’m pretty sure he knows to shoot the balls in your mouth’
Groot: ‘we are groot’
Rocket: ‘multiball is ready, you don’t say?’
Groot: ‘I AM GROOT!’
Rocket: ‘I agree, now that is a jackpot!’

#226 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Wait, what? Somehow the game is going to play differently because of custom speech?

If it’s the TWD redneck guy it sure would!

#237 6 years ago
Quoted from KingNine:

Ok I’m wrong

So they have zero, none, zilch rights to use call outs from the movie? Ouch! This game just took a big blow to the nuts IMO. (If true).

...hey, just another reason to wait to buy you sociopathic crazy pinheads

#243 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Hey SKB, I resemble that remark. What’s wrong with the redneck!
Push for more songs Arcade! 2 is good. More is better

Haha I was just messing. If anyone is running my TWD sound mix, they know I have it 70/30 redneck guy to show call out ratio.

#245 6 years ago
Quoted from Hi-Fi:

I'm ok with actor sound alikes as long as Groot doesn't sound like Sparky and The Toy from Aerosmith. It still bugs me that they sound the same.

Oh man can you imagine, sparky screeching “I am groooot hahahahaha” that would suck lol.

#249 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

well technically they could try baby groot voice LOL

They should just get James Hetfield and let him take this bull by the horns, "Jack fuckin' pot Groot! "

#255 6 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

DI is linear in nature? I beg to differ.
Scoring? Geometric (see SIM Card multipliers). Definitely not linear.
Modes? Ability to choose from a handful of modes based upon your current situation / stack potential, or if you have Big Bang lit.
Wizard modes? Actually programmed in, with scoring that is appropriate for a wizard mode, and based upon how you played on your journey to the wizard mode, so timing out modes isn't wise.
I will agree that DI commands a hefty price tag -- it's the only reason I haven't pulled the trigger on one.

The scoring isn't linear by any means. And it's not a ladder climbing fest of modes, but the game is centered around the disasters. And now after 5 disasters you're stuck playing a multiball that halts progression and isn't (to my knowledge) based on how you've progressed prior to reaching the multiball. It just seems like an odd spot to add the mini wizard mode when disaster modes already had a mini wizard mode. So yea, mode and wizard progression is linear. The fact you can choose the disasters is the only thing helping the linear nature of the ladder.

But don't get me wrong, I love dialed in! And it's still on the radar, it's just been knocked down a couple steps cause of those things. But I admit I have not played the new code or understand it which is why I posed the question in the DI thread. Hopefully I get some time in on it again. Back to guardians....

#258 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

So, you post a bunch of definitive statements about how the game plays and question the design decisions, then you say:

Which completely obliterates your opinion that you just stated like it was a fact.
Play a few games and get back to us.

Bleh. I hate being put in the category of opinions are fact so let’s nip that nonsense right in the bud now. Posting on my phone but hopefully this makes sense.

All I said was the linear nature of the rules is why it’s been turning me off. Not trying to play it as fact, it’s just my perception of the game and how the modes flow from what I have played of it. My GC on the game is 13 mil at ayce gogi fwiw.

I haven’t played the new wizard mode but I have plenty of time on the game prior to that one wizard mode being added. My statement on the linear nature ruleset still stands as those rules are still the same, what I meant about reserving final judgement is whether or not that new wizard mode is integrated on how you do prior to qualifying it.

And why it turned me off is I was hoping the devs would build around the disasters like WOZ rather than add on to it.

If you want to know more please join my discussion in the DI owners thread. Sorry for the interruption, back to guardians...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 22.50
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.00
$ 19.95
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iaapa-2017-guardians-of-the-galaxy?tu=eskaybee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.