20171117_215002 (resized).jpg
small_world_sign1-goldhaber (resized).jpg
060A00FE-8CAE-4008-8C82-B3548D82385C (resized).jpeg
GOTG 3 (resized).jpg
IMG_2652 (resized).JPG
0ADD069A-C47A-481F-B506-93A3C885CCFF (resized).jpeg
EDA6663F-930A-4A54-82D7-3B49883EE4B2 (resized).jpeg
B40A3AE8-2522-4B3D-89E8-1CB815D110CC (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigd1979.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Starts today Dec 13th, post your videos here in this thread.
http://www.iaapa.org

Its dec already..... i missed thanksgiving some how

#63 6 years ago

Plays very much met imo.... like the lightshow on premium and other extra stuff ....i wld go that route if i get one. However not sure im ready to drop 7400 for it..... last premium i bought was 6300 not long ago ...which was alot.

#70 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Plays very much met imo.... like the lightshow on premium and other extra stuff ....i wld go that route if i get one. However not sure im ready to drop 7400 for it..... last premium i bought was 6300 not long ago ...which was alot.

Following up on what i said..... it will come down to the code imo...... met is one the best coded stern pins .

#122 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

For me, the code looks way too incomplete to consider purchasing now. And I wouldn't want this to be another KISS....
Rob

Agreed ..has long long way to go.... heck the premium didnt use the 3 color gi or rgb inserts at all really. Ill wait to see where the code goes over the next few months but im sure it will be year or 2 before its really done.

#185 6 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

Thanks for the video and the game really does look good. But, what the hell happened that Stern can't make a GI lamp socket work anymore?? The random flickering general illumination bulbs on their new games blows (note the right inlane on this game).

Probably cheaped out and used wedge sockets again.....

#187 6 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Seeing as this thread is all about GOTG and POTCJJP at IAAPA
here is my HD (720) GOTG PRO footage on a tripod from today...
» YouTube video
I may do a POTC JJP video tomorrow, tbd...

Plays so much like met pro imo.... except the ramps have lots of rejections unlike met. I think the premium will be the way to go ...at least for me bc i own met pro. I hope the code ends up really good on the premium with the 3 color gi and rgb inserts...that will really set it apart from the pro and met....

#194 6 years ago
Quoted from KingNine:

I didn’t think the ramps rejected bad at all. Both fed to a flipper most of the time. The post rejects are another thing lol.
I also agree with my brother “Arcade”. I was not nearly as impressed with JPOTC as I was hoping to be. Right now if I had the extra cash to get a JJP game I would get Dialed In. Maybe that will change after the code gets better.

Quoted from thefoxxman:

Played both today- GOTG was way better & truly is a great looking game - obviously need more time to make a determination on the full game play once all rules implemented.
JJP POTC was still their prototype, but in my OWN HUMBLE OPINION was not as impressive as much as the hype that seemed to surround it on the reveal. Maybe that will get better upon production? Bit of a downer as I was looking forward to it!
Dialed in still looked and played great - it's a personal favorite of mine I hope to own one day.

Hard to beat the gameplay and fun factor of di... that's for sure. Crazy how many love the game now . I have a deposit on potcle but still not sure about the crazy rules and upper playfield.

#196 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Let’s not not forget these games are going to ship pretty much 6 months apart, by which Stern will probably have had another game out.
Neil

And? ..... look how much more there is to potc on the playfield and code wise when done.....not even in the same boat. Not that means anything but sterm can pump out cookie cutterisk pins with standard code much easier than a newer/smaller company with much more complicated pins. I love all pinball but theres not much variation between stern pins anymore and once u own a few they all kinda feel the same over the past 3-4 years.

#211 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

"some more RGB lights in the premium"? Try ALL inserts RGB vs 6 arrows on the PRO. Its a bit misleading to say some. For the lighting alone its tempting to get the premium. I'd probably still get a pro IF I was buying, but the premium is tempting. I won't buy either without playing both first and being satisfied with the current code base.

Also the gi has 3 colors.....

#335 6 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

So what's the value of testing if they are gonna use something else in production?
That stupid thinking is why I had to buy a replacement play field for my Woz.

Testing of components, ball traps, hardware and many other reasons.....

#403 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

So whos in on Toy Story?

With what pat did on di im sure toy s will be amazing also..... if so im in .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 28.00
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigd1979.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iaapa-2017-guardians-of-the-galaxy?tu=bigd1979 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.